Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

"After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" (1382 Views)

Omokri 'Opens' Bank Account For Amaechi, For Nigerians Owing Him To Pay / Wike Blasts Amaechi For Trying To Derail Osinbajo's Visit / You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2016
Residents of Eliozu, Eliowhani, Rumunduru, Oroigwe, Mgbuesilaru down to Peace Drive, Overcomers Road linking the East/West Road all in Obia Akpor LGA in Rivers State are singing the praises of His Excellency, Chief (Barr.) Ezebunwo Nyesom Wike, Executive Governor of Rivers State to high Heavens.

This came on the heels of on-going drainage construction works aimed at channelling flood waters away from their homes to the canal by the Eliozu Market along East/West Road in Port Harcourt. A South-South Correspondent of Good Governance Watch (GGW) who visited the neighbourhood and spoke to a Resident who begged to remain anonymous spoke thus: "My Brother, I have been living in this Tony Estate since 2006 and we have been experiencing flooding each time it rains, when the previous administration came in, we reached out to the former Governor, whoosaii! Between 2007 to 2015, we begged and begged that a drainage should be constructed in order to alleviate our plight, for where!! I have some to the realisation that the taste of the pudding is in its eating, initially I didn't like Wike due to rumours we used to hear but from the way that man is going, he might truly turn out to be the best Rivers ever had". Another Resident who pleaded anonymity said "It's simple, after being ignored by Amaechi for 8 years, Wike has come to the rescue in 8 months". A woman who runs a provision shop along Eliozu/Atali Road said: "Business activities in this area usually goes south during the rainy season, but thanks to the people's governor, Wike who without being called by us, heard our cries". She further stated "It is an indication that Wike is a man of the people and wishes the people well, this project has direct bearing on we the residents, it affects our lives directly, I thank him because our businesses will thrive again and I also thank our Assembly Member, Amaewhule who is from this village for good representation".

Our GGW went round the project sites to inspect the ongoing drainage works and affirmed the Chinese company, CCECC handling the project is doing an excellent job as the drainages are well cast and aligned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by dunkem21(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2016
Source wink
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by naijanaso: 11:30am On Feb 23, 2016
This also applies to the people of Etche Kingdom. There was no road connecting them to town. Etche road from the Chokocho axis should ordinarily take a maximum of 4mins if the road was good, but you have to go through Umuechem which takes between 20-30mins from Igwuruta. Thank God Wike is also constructing that road now. I drove past there last week and it took me only 10mins in spite of the construction going on. God bless him.
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by swagaholic: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
It can all be wike
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by okangaijele2015: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
Most annoyingly, the Amaechi of a man was brought up in Oroigwe. Sad. Very wicked man. Weldone Nyesom. #iamawikewitness
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by Pidggin(f): 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
That's what we call POSITIVE CHANGE!
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by sunsewa: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
what about the impassable Bishop Okoye street in mile 3,forgotten more than 8years has been reconstructed just under 7months of Wike.
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by cckris: 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Stand up for your rights

1 Like

Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by tritt(m): 2:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
Op its Obio Akpor not Obia....Wike's working buhari is junketeering.
Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by SANCTO: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is the type of governors Nigerians need. Obiano to Ikpeazu to Wike. Even Ganduje and El Rufai are also doing well. Are other governors cursed or are they the Cause?. (apologies to Mr. Peter Obi)

1 Like

Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by otitokoroleti: 2:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
SANCTO:
This is the type of governors Nigerians need. Obiano to Ikpeazu to Wike. Even Ganduje and El Rufai are also doing well. Are other governors cursed or are they the Cause?. (apologies to Mr. Peter Obi)
AREGBE IS WORKING AS WELL, KIKIKIKIKIKIKI

1 Like

Re: "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" by comos: 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
dunkem21:
Source wink

you will only believe if it is from punch or the Nation newspaper

(1) (Reply)

A Federal Road Safety Corps Members Carrying Guns Along Check Point(pic) / Nigerians Will Be Shocked If I Reveal How Much Wike Has Stolen —amaechi / Great Britain And EU Referendum Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.