Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century (775 Views)

Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son / CHURCH VS CONGREGATION Congregation Was Yahshua Creation, Church A Creation Of / Online Live Stream Church Vs In-person Attendance Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century by hayoakins(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
[img]http://justlookaroundus.files./2011/11/poverty-stricken-jump-c1.jpg?w=600[/img]
I went all out yesterday tweeting about how the church needs to restore HOPE to the hopeless not by just blasting the excessive speakers with only the GOSPEL OF CHRIST but by being the example of CHRIST-LIKE lifestyle.

The church needs to go beyond preaching "Give and it shall be giving unto you" instead the church should lead by example by giving to those who truly need. The scriptures are not meant for the congregation alone but every element of the church including the Pastorate.

Some missionary Universities in the developed nations are funded by the church and through aids making education of the less privileged an achievable vision but in Africa, even some pastors cannot afford to enrol their wards in the missionary institutions (primary, secondary and tertiary).

Candidly, I am one of those who once concluded and consistently confessed that God will bless me so much that school fees of even the world's best institutions would not be a big deal in training my unborn generation but the fact remains that not everyone would hit the jackpot (I will in Jesus name smiley ) . This set of people are called the common man. The question remains where lies the HOPE of the common man in a nation that is closer to the house of GOD but afar from the act of GOD in our actions and inaction.

Telling a hungry man "GOD bless you" is like telling them "heaven needs you more so go and die"

The gospel of CHRIST will break down barriers and boundaries and penetrate even a dead conscience if only the church an individual and a system would ease building physical tabernacles with billions raised from tithes and offerings and start restoring hope through manpower development. Elijah through the anointing of GOD empowered the widow who couldn't afford to feed herself and her son turning her to an oil merchant. How many successful entrepreneurs have your mission empowered beyond "come let's pray?" God may not send manna again, be the manna GOD is sending to empower people. When they are empowered your church becomes financially secured through their tithes, offerings, pledge, vow and nameless donations.

We have as much betting companies as much the churches in the Ghetto but the betting companies have more loyal followers, WHY? They are seen to provide a sort of HOPE, a way of escape some call it even though it has succeeded in its strategy of keeping many of the followers in the Ghetto for life. Show me a man that made it big with betting/gambling and I will show you several thousands that have lots their life savings and sanity to it.

The government has failed in its course, the church should not fail.

They were called Christians at Antioch because they saw the traits of CHRIST in them. CHRIST died to rescue us from the clutches of death meaning HE restored HOPE. The Church should follow HIS lead. It is not enough to share tracts, bibles and preach, show TRUE LOVE.

To get into someone's head , you need to first open up the mind. Nothing makes a man sober than the sight of REAL HOPE (food, cloth and shelter - Physiological needs) . The HOPE you provide on the premise of your relationship with the JESUS will convict them and finally lands them on their knees asking for a better life your JESUS... RESTORE HOPE.

... I COME QUICKLY WITH MY REWARD TO GIVE TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEED.

This piece is outfall of my meditation on "Why we have as much churches as the betting houses in the Ghetto but the betting houses got more followers" - a case-study of Mushin, Lagos Nigeria

Ayobami Akinade
Source: www.facebook.com/hayoakins

Re: The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century by 7lives: 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Many people will end up in hell fire not because they are not religious, but because they don't practice what they preach.
Re: The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century by hayoakins(m): 9:54am On Feb 28, 2016
Lalasticlala,

Thank God it's Sunday, can we have this thread on the front page to get more opinions?
Re: The Church Vs The Betting Houses: The Irony Of The 21st Century by ITSaWRAPPP: 10:01am On Feb 28, 2016
Show me a man that made it big with betting/gambling and I will show you several thousands that have lots their life savings and sanity to it.

(1) (Reply)

The Four Laws Of God’s Blessing / See The White Man That Was Spotted At A Prayer Ground In Akure. / Can We Be 100% Faithful In Paying Our Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.