Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo (2299 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Logo Competition / Akwa Ibom State Government Logo Design Competition: Win ₦250,000 / African Union Commission (AUC) Logo Competition – USD 1,000 Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by viperman: 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
hi graphic designers!

A whatsapp/facebook video gaming(PS4 & XBOX) community wants to change it's old logo to a new one. So as to have a beautiful LOGO(2/3D) for their group and will reward anyone that can come up with the best logo for us on this thread with N10000 cash(irrespective of where you are located).

gaming community name is - Afro-Gamers Elite(AGE).
Its a group for all african/black gamers in africa.
So this logo should be built around this information

Make the logo and post it on this thread with your email address or EMAIL ME at: - Lexfrosty@yahoo.com for contact if yours is chosen.

this ends by February 27th 2016(4 days time)

LETS DO THIS!!!! cool

[ ADMINS:- This is to encourage the designers in this section! this is not an advert! ]
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by erad(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is more of an insult than encouragement.
Most designers here definitely charge more than 10k for a logo design. But you want to have a wide range of designs and pick one of them for 10k? Asides that, you'll be wasting the time and effort of the others who didn't 'win'. Time they could have invested in probably developing themselves.
So as far as I'm concerned, this is an insult.

5 Likes

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by viperman: 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
erad:
This is more of an insult than encouragement.
Most designers here definitely charge more than 10k for a logo design. But you want to have a wide range of designs and pick one of them for 10k? Asides that, you'll be wasting the time and effort of the others who didn't 'win'. Time they could have invested in probably developing themselves. M
So as far as I'm concerned, this is an insult.

This is why many of you Nigeria youths don't get big jobs. You think too high of yourselves and throw away opportunities to showcase your skills.
This same kind of thread I opened sometime ago got the winner the money and later I referred him to a company he works with till date.

I'm highly ashamed of you that you'd come up with such a post like this.

I could easily get a graphics designer on the streets or elsewhere to design this logo for as little as N5k but I chose to come on here.
Here you are calling it an insult...smh
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by erad(m): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
viperman:

This is why many of you Nigeria youths don't get big jobs. You think too high of yourselves and throw away opportunities to showcase your skills.
This same kind of thread I opened sometime ago got the winner the money and later I referred him to a company he works with till date.
I could easily get a graphics designer on the streets or elsewhere to design this logo for as little as N5k but I chose to come on here.

It's people like you that destroy professionalism in Nigeria. And after you succeed in encouraging mediocrity, you start crying to whoever cares to listen that Nigerians are lazy and unprofessional.

A yoruba saying goes thus... Whatever you can't accept as a rich man, it's from your poor days that you'll start rejecting it.

It's people like you that destroy the industry with your greed and still expect it to grow. Why not seek a professional designer? Because you'll rather pay a mediocre roadside designer peanuts to give you mediocre designs.

We know our worth and won't settle for less.

4 Likes

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Archmage(m): 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
viperman:
hi graphic designers!

A whatsapp/facebook video gaming(PS4 & XBOX) community wants to change it's old logo to a new one. So as to have a beautiful LOGO(2/3D) for their group and will reward anyone that can come up with the best logo for us on this thread with N10000 cash(irrespective of where you are located).

gaming community name is - Afro-Gamers Elite(AGE).
Its a group for all african/black gamers in africa.
So this logo should be built around this information

Make the logo and post it on this thread with your email address for contact if yours is chosen.

this ends by February 25th 2016(2 days time)

LETS DO THIS!!!! cool

[ ADMINS:- This is to encourage the designers in this section! this is not an advert! ]
that design is liberal does not mean it should be abused. You just abused the true essence of design. my humble pie, eat or throw away. ciao

2 Likes

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Archmage(m): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
viperman:

different strokes for different folks. moreover you pay for what you get. not all designers are designers. I hope you understand
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by julimax(m): 7:58am On Feb 24, 2016
Why not ask a group of lawyers to compete amongst themselves and defend you in a case so you know who is the best lawyer that you will pay? What is your profession? How will you feel after your work your money is tossed to the crowd and you have to drag and fight to catch a few notes for yourself?

This trend must stop on Nairaland. And for the designers that would be rushing to post any designs here, just remember that you are valued the way you value yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by viperman: 10:03am On Feb 24, 2016

SMH

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Acethekid(m): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
The OP of this thread does not understand the essence of design. If you need a free logo, say so. Do you know how much professionals charge for logo design? And I'm not talking about most sub-par and mediocre "designers" on Fiverr who use the most generic of templates to give you shitty work. I have worked with the best professionals in Nigeria and I have seen that this your so called "good will" is an insult. 5k? 10k? I personally charge 50k for logo designs and NO, I don't go about posting my portfolio here.
The process of logo creation takes time especially the ones that pay millions (I have worked on a team that designed such) and it took us 5 weeks of brainstorming to come up with what we were able to presents as the final design. So, it is laughable that you expect a well thought out and good logo within 2 days and for 10k.
Please give your roadside designer and pay 5k for the crap you'll get...lol

3 Likes

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by viperman: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2016

Keep talking rubbish here. The wise ones are already sending their logo designs to my email. grin grin grin

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Maximus85(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2016
Acethekid:
The OP of this thread does not understand the essence of design. If you need a free logo, say so. Do you know how much professionals charge for logo design? And I'm not talking about most sub-par and mediocre "designers" on Fiverr who use the most generic of templates to give you shitty work. I have worked with the best professionals in Nigeria and I have seen that this your so called "good will" is an insult. 5k? 10k? I personally charge 50k for logo designs and NO, I don't go about posting my portfolio here.
The process of logo creation takes time especially the ones that pay millions (I have worked on a team that designed such) and it took us 5 weeks of brainstorming to come up with what we were able to presents as the final design. So, it is laughable that you expect a well thought out and good logo within 2 days and for 10k.
Please give your roadside designer and pay 5k for the crap you'll get...lol

Wow. Please take it easy on the dude. I bet by now he'd have understood the Gist. BTW, I'm just a beginner in Logo designs.
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by viperman: 9:25am On Feb 26, 2016
b u m p
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Brimmie(m): 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thumbs up to erad and Julimax.
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Maximus85(m): 2:38am On Feb 27, 2016
But like seriously, why can't you just leave him to upcoming logo designers like me? That 10k will go a long way ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2016
shaking my head, i can't stop laughing this is an insult to graphics designers, that is why graphics has been drawn to the soil...at first i don't design a logo for 10k, talk more of having a competition for 10k.

Well it is always so, when everyone claims to be the boss...even an ordinary road side computer operator claims logo designer
Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by viperman: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
Maximus85:
But like seriously, why can't you just leave him to upcoming logo designers like me? That 10k will go a long way ooo.

See me see trouble o......This is how some people arrogantly and selfishly close the door for others

1 Like

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by AfroKnight: 8:52am On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmm. This is one of the simplest ways to get designs without paying. If it were a reputable big firm organizing this, no problem, but err.... who are you guys?

Real gaming communities have CG artists among the membership. It is surprising that you don't want to patronize your own members... Maybe you don't even have them among you. Gamers indeed.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by bernmich(m): 2:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
people like you wouldn't let Nigerian upcoming professionals grow, its truly a BIG insult as Erad rightly said.
its just like selling foodsellers to take their time to prepare a sumptuous meal and at the end give the winner 10k; tell me what happens to the others who have spent time, energy, creativity and other resources?

how would you even choose the winner? by the logo you like very much? you must be very wrong.
bro please you are in the right place with the wrong message and impression.
thanks

I just hope I spoke some peoples minds.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo by bernmich(m): 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
Anybody sending designs to "viperman" mail think low of themselves, I just wish there is a board for graphic designers, things like this won't happen.
well everybody own themselves.
Good luck anyways with the 10k

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Fairly New Camera! / An Exhibition Of Art Work By 3 Young Ethiopian Women / See This Dog Like Person O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.