Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed (72101 Views)

Bonaza!!! Iroko Subscriptions @1k only For 12month / List Of Available TSTV Channels And Subscriptions / Dstv Nigeria Packages , Dstv New Channels,how To Do Dstv Subscriptions On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by beamed: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Spyker:
Until they start pay per view as it is in UK, all these measures are still on the high side.

If you are going to pay to watch just arsenal vs Barcelona last night you might as well pay a month subscription going by pay per view rate.

Do you know how much it cost in UK ?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Jonnyseg(m): 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
They sent a message to me yesterday in that regard
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by cecegorz(m): 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mcowubaba:
I have read all the comments so far, but nobody has confirmed it.

Has anybody subscribed for the 6K 'football madness' nd was it what you were expecting
Let us know!!! DSTV wey dey greedy nd stingy like craze, their Customer call center is not even toll free, yet the will be telling u to press 1, press 3, hold 5, call ur smart card no undecided for my credit.

Confirmed.
I am actually on Compact bouquet. I first noticed the additional channels; SS11 and SS12 showing 'coming soon' over the weekend, then started getting SMS about the channels going live on 23rd Feb, and then yesterday they went LIVE!
So altogether on Compact now, you have SS9, SS11, SS12, Select1, and Select2

#Caveat: It doesn't include Champions League matches oo. But full EPL and La Liga matches on compact is a great bargain though.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Kgdavid(m): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
No its not,all stake holders of multichoice just had a meeting at Abuja last week on this,soon calling their customers service will be toll free too.

Stakeholders or shareholders?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Paxziano: 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
adahib:
This is plausible but I still have a few questions

1) what happens to champion's league, Europa league, bundesliga,etc?

2) how long will this last given that it's a promo? Is it permanent or after a month or two,things will return to how they were

Until I'm certain, I think I'll stick with my CANtv were I watch all the matches at 3150 monthly . Dstv messed up seriously last year. It will take a lot for me to go back to them.

Pls, which one is Can TV and how can I get it
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by dimdim001(m): 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Dear Dealer, the DSTV "FOOTBALL MADNESS" PROMO kicks off tomorrow. Decoder + ALL + Compact = N12,500. Explora + Compact = N30,000. Explora + premium = N40,000. All matches on LA LIGA, EPL, and EURO 2016 will come LIVE on Compact bouquet. Join the "madness". Happy selling. 07088842345/08034137670.

Since dey called it a promo, means it wld end abi? Wen is d end date of d so called promo? Or will all EPL & LA Liga matches be free forever on Compact Package?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by stevLegend: 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
eleko1:
Nonsense ! It should be Pay as u watch.What about us that leave home @ 4.00 AM and come back @ 10 PM undecided or those who nor get light undecided?

Oga, u dey try. 4am to 10pm?
Now, that's wht they call stress.
U're living for the outter world.
Dnt get me wrong. Imagine u're married with kids. Will ur kids b able to identify u as dia dad?
E.g: 4am, they'll stil be sleeping & u're off to work. 10pm, they must hav gone to bed b4 u return.
Anyways, it's the situation of the country. Probably, u're leaving early to beat traffic.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by olumzzz(m): 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
Femich18:

Interesting..but why are pple here not patronizing dem since its cheaper...
Its maybe because d sport channels are arabic. Only one is in english

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by weezii(m): 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
installation, dish,cable and accessories.

Thanks bro shocked e cheap now oh
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Caleycash(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
afoobabs:
it is still expensive why cant they adopt prepaid like NEPA and mobile networks so as to put a full stop to the consumer exploitation
#Dstvscams
Our network providers should follow also, I can't imagine subscribing 3k at the end of the month my Data will just disappear, it's my money I should be able to consume my Data when am pleased...it's annoying

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Mlist: 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by adusco(m): 5:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
donlemson:
LEADING pay-TV platform, DSTV, has announced that subscribers on its Compact and Compact Plus bouquets will, from today, be able to watch the full complement of football matches from the world’s most prestigious leagues-the Barclays Premier League (EPL) and La Liga, as well as the European Championship (Euro 2016).

The matches of these leagues and Euro 2016 would be available to DStv Compact subscribers in High Definition and at no extra cost. Previously, the full football package was available to only DStv Premium subscribers on its SuperSport channels.

Explaining why DStv was providing a full football menu for Compact subscribers, Mr. John Ugbe, Managing DIrector, MultiChoice Nigeria, said: “One of MultiChoice’s key priorities is to put our subscribers’ needs at the heart of everything we do and since these have been tough economic times for everyone, we realised that our subscribers could use some good news. We’re excited that we can now deliver the best football action in the world to our Compact subscribers, while ensuring that this development doesn’t negatively impact them financially.”

Ugbe also explained that Euro 2016 matches have been made available to Compact subscribers as part of MultiChoice Africa’s ongoing efforts to improve its products and offering.

Also, MultiChoice Nigeria announced a price slash on Explora and Zapper decoders bundled with the Compact bouquet. The Explora, dish kit with one month Compact subscription, initially sold at N71,000, has been reduced by more than 50% to N30,000; while the DStv Zapper decoder, dish kit plus one month Compact subscription will now be sold at N12,500 as against the previous price of N18,500. The offer which is valid while stocks last further reiterates MultiChoice’s commitment to provide Nigerians with quality entertainment they can afford.

Football fans on Compact and Compact Plus can tune to two new channels: SuperSport 11 (DStv channel 231) and SuperSport 12 (DStv channel 232), which will be dedicated to the EPL and La Liga.

This means that all Compact subscribers will now have access to the biggest games of the season, including the blockbuster clash between Arsenal and Manchester United billed for 28 February. The match will be broadcast on SS11.

On 27 February, Compact subscribers can watch the Madrid derby featuring Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid and the next day watch Barcelona take on Sevilla.

The greatest club rivalry in the world will be available for viewing on SS12-the home of La Liga-on 3 April, when Barcelona’s dazzling trio of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez will meet Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo in the first El Clasico derby of 2016 at Barça’s Camp Nou.

Three days later, Valencia will take on Atletico Madrid.

Compact subscribers can also catch other exciting La Liga matches plus highlights, magazine programming, pre-match discussions and panel shows on SS12.

Last July, MultiChoice revamped its DStv Compact bouquet to include over 95 world class channels at a monthly subscription of N6,000. Some of the new channels include AfricaMagic Igbo, AfricaMagic Urban, BBC Brit, CBeebies, Eva, M-City and Zee World.

source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/dstv-adds-epl-la-liga-euro-2016-to-compact-bouquet/

What about those of us on premium?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by adusco(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Finally....on compact bouquet of just 6000 naira ,all EPL and Laliga is now available to subscribers...... source : my woman works at multi choice .

what about those of us on premium
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
dimdim001:

Since dey called it a promo, means it wld end abi? Wen is d end date of d so called promo? Or will all EPL & LA Liga matches be free forever on Compact Package?
the promo is for you to get the decoders at affordable prices...but compact bouquet of 6k will always have EPL and LA liga games.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
adusco:

what about those of us on premium
I believe you must have one month free,if you paid your last subscription before it expired.?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by stephany007: 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
beamed:
It's true guys. Just paid for two explorers. One for my friend and one for myself. Once I get out of their I'm upgrading to extra view. Price in my opinion is very good and affordable when you consider what explorer can do.
please how do I get 1 am in benin edo state
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by cytellProperty: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
Finally....on compact bouquet of just 6000 naira ,all EPL and Laliga is now available to subscribers...... source : my woman works at multi choice .
Na your woman be the only woman wey work for Multi choice abi. Aproko.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by adusco(m): 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
caprini1:
I believe you must have one month free,if you paid your last subscription before it expired.?

no one month was given,subscription ended last month.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by IYANGBALI: 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
weezii:

Thanks bro shocked e cheap now oh
He no ship o,it is too expenses jo
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by charlsecy(m): 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
jahstech:

Doubting Thomases, what proof do you want again?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/soccer-fans-can-now-enjoy-epl-others-on-dstv-compact/

I never said I doubted you. I only said the source was not exactly valid. And that is what it is! Now you have provided a better source, but the best source should come from DSTV Compact users.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
cytellProperty:

Na your woman be the only woman wey work for Multi choice abi. Aproko.
No be una dey always ask of pepper and salt? grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
adusco:

no one month was given,subscription ended last month.
haba ....if you are on premium,and you pay before your due date say February,march is free.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by afoobabs(m): 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Caleycash:
Our network providers should follow also, I can't imagine subscribing 3k at the end of the month my Data will just disappear, it's my money I should be able to consume my Data when am pleased...it's annoying
they have been scaming nigeria since time immemorial. Back to back from Nepa to Mobile network provider and Dstv. We ar paying for services we do nt enjoy by fire by force
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by caprini1: 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
cecegorz:

Confirmed.
I am actually on Compact bouquet. I first noticed the additional channels; SS11 and SS12 showing 'coming soon' over the weekend, then started getting SMS about the channels going live on 23rd Feb, and then yesterday they went LIVE!

#Caveat: It doesn't include Champions League matches oo. But full EPL and La Liga matches on compact is a great bargain though.
Oluwa bless you jare!
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by UrbanMystique: 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
beamed:

Applause, applause. Got no issue with your smartness. Just trying to see it from another perspective. I also want to assume you don't put the rest of the family into consideration when you watch alone on your tab.

Summary is, it's a world of choices. Subscription is a bit on the high side I agree but I wonder why those who once had this right couldn't stand the test of time.

You go into business to make profit and better peoples life especially your employees.

To most people, it should be free. NTA, AIT and others are free but what are we fed with ? Just saying ...
stop trying to start irrelevant arguement. If there is no power, you won't be able to watch dstv anyway, so what is with the family consideration you are talking about.

Besides, my family can gather round and watch with me, tablet screen is big enough for us.

They are in business to make profit and I'm not patronising them anymore cos I have better option. Simple.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by UrbanMystique: 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
Chazzyboy:
but u pay for internet why say free
cos I was gonna pay for internet anyway.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by weezii(m): 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
IYANGBALI:
He no ship o,it is too expenses jo
LOL
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Heeboy94(m): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2016
cecegorz:

Confirmed.

Buh why is Champions League not included? undecided
And pls... Is Channel 200 available on Compact?
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Caleycash(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2016
afoobabs:
they have been scaming nigeria since time immemorial. Back to back from Nepa to Mobile network provider and Dstv. We ar paying for services we do nt enjoy by fire by force
we should blame our Government for taking Bleep from every stupid set of organisation exploiting our nation.
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by netflicks(m): 10:05am On Feb 25, 2016
Watch your favorite Movies, Music, Live Sporting Events, News and Much more with our OTT Android Tv Box.

Already configured with Internet Access at low cost for browsing downloading and streaming. Google Chrome, KODI TV with more than 500+ channels, Showbox, Videomix, Netflix, IPTV/ Sport Tv, Iroko Tv for home videos, play store and much more.

You can also push your entire phone screen to display on your TV making your home entertainment 100% Satisfactory..

Functions:

Runs on Android 4.4.2 kitkat Operating system, 1G Ram + 8G Internal Storage.

4x High Speed USB ports, Wifi and Ethernet.

Supports all USB, Wireless mouse and keyboard.

Support all standard SD/HD/4k/2kUltra HD video decoding and output.

Specifications Network Function Skype chatting, Live sport, Live Streaming and Downloading, Online Movies, Picasa, Youtube, Flicker, Facebook, Internet Access, etc......Turn your TV into a Smart Tv Call or Whatsapp me 08027206584

Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by cecegorz(m): 10:18am On Feb 25, 2016
Heeboy94:

Buh why is Champions League not included? undecided
And pls... Is Channel 200 available on Compact?

Lol. Guy, you want to enjoy everything at lower cost?
If they drop everything on Compact, what will be on Premium again? UCL, FA cups and the likes are still reserved for SS3, SS5, and SS7 on Premium.
Ch200 is Blitz, that's the basic sports channel for all bouquets.

Meanwhile for guys that Subscribed in February before expiration, March is completely FREE!
Re: Breaking News: DSTV Subscriptions Slashed by Heeboy94(m): 10:26am On Feb 25, 2016
cecegorz:

Lol. Guy, you want to enjoy everything at lower cost?
If they drop everything on Compact, what will be on Premium again? UCL, FA cups and the likes are still reserved for SS3, SS5, and SS7 on Premium.
Ch200 is Blitz, that's the basic sports channel for all bouquets.

Meanwhile for guys that Subscribed in February before expiration, March is completely FREE!
Chai... Bad market. So no SS Blitz at all cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Seyi Kisses Mercy's Chest, Armpit & Cheek. See Reactions (Photos) / Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1 / BBNaija: Tacha’s Achievements At 23 That 'Seyi Can't Achieve'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.