Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! (1367 Views)

Buhari Orders Takeover Of Nigerian Airspace From Ghana / Nigeria Broadcasting Commission Finally Bans Radio Biafra / Nigeria Federal Government To Ban Michelle Obama From Entering Nigeria-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by bombsquad(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2009
CNN is broadcasting OBAMA from ghana live right now, Something is bothering me though,why is the picture quality not like their regular quality while broadcasting in italy,Germany,Iraq or south koreais this a direct propaganda to show Africans in a past light?
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by beystwin: 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2009
cry cry embarassed embarassed
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by Liedetect: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2009
bombsquad

CNN is broadcasting OBAMA from ghana live right now, Something is bothering me though,why is the picture quality not like their regular quality while broadcasting in italy,Germany,Iraq or south koreais this a direct propaganda to show Africans in a past light?

Yes was that done deliberate? Because I  was very surprised Ghana and the Ghanaians looked that bad, it’s like dark primitive Africa. The soldiers looked like rejects from the Salvation Army.  And the ministers looked timid and lacking in quality. But then I have also seen Obasanjo on television and he had a presence about him of confident and quality, someone whose presence demands respect. The new Nigerian president also has a quiet confidence about him
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by naijaking1: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2009
Liedetect:

bombsquad

Yes was that done deliberate? Because I was very surprised Ghana and the Ghanaians looked that bad, it’s like dark primitive Africa. The soldiers looked like rejects from the Salvation Army. And the ministers looked timid and lacking in quality. But then I have also seen Obasanjo on television and he had a presence about him of confident and quality, someone whose presence demands respect. The new Nigerian president also has a quiet confidence about him

What? Do you have a problem with dark comlexion in Africa?
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by Liedetect: 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2009
Isn’t Obasanjo and your current president dark complexioned?  At least  you  had no problem with the fact that the soldiers looked like rejects from the salvation army and the ministers looked timid and lacking in quality.
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by naijaking1: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2009
Liedetect:

Isn’t Obasanjo and your current president dark complexioned? At least you had no problem with the fact that the soldiers looked like rejects from the salvation army and the ministers looked timid and lacking in quality.
You sound very racist. Are you(Nigerians) better than Ghananians?
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by Liedetect: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2009
Ghanaking1

You sound very racist. Are you(Nigerians) better than Ghananians?

you said it not me, just shows your insecurity. 

And can’t see what you mean I am racist, perhaps you should direct that question to CNN It was their picture quality that showed Ghana and its people in a poor light. I am only making an observation based on what was shown. I was taken aback by what I saw after readings on this board that Ghana is a wonderful and splendid place to travel and live.  What I saw just reminded me of what used to be on TV, those dark primitive Africa images we grew up dreading.
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by MrCrackles(m): 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2009
Good for CNN! grin
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by naijaking1: 3:43am On Jul 12, 2009
Liedetect:

Ghanaking1
you said it not me, just shows your insecurity. 
And can’t see what you mean I am racist, perhaps you should direct that question to CNN It was their picture quality that showed Ghana and its people in a poor light. I am only making an observation based on what was shown. I was taken aback by what I saw after readings on this board that Ghana is a wonderful and splendid place to travel and live.  What I saw just reminded me of what used to be on TV, those dark primitive Africa images we grew up dreading. 

That's my point, you think you're better than Ghana people people because oil has corrupted your sense of rationality in Nigeria.
African dreading to see other Africans on TV?
Tell me, where do you live? In Nigeria? I hope not, because it's not better than Ghana in so many ways---at least they more electricity.
In Europe or America? If so your sense of identity has been screwed up by watching too much national geopgraphy channels.
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by kosovo(m): 4:29am On Jul 12, 2009
what a waste!
senseless talk = underdevelopment
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by bombsquad(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2009
My people lets not turn this into an argument, but didnt that video coverage on CNN look like something that was done in the 60's or 70's??Was it done deliberately by CNN to always portray Africa to the rest of the world as primitive??Because i cant understand why wit the same equipment ghana cant have the same video quality as CNN gets everywhere else in the world, Somebody pls help explain this
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by naijaking1: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2009
bombsquad:

My people lets not turn this into an argument, but didnt that video coverage on CNN look like something that was done in the 60's or 70's??Was it done deliberately by CNN to always portray Africa to the rest of the world as primitive??Because i cant understand why wit the same equipment ghana cant have the same video quality as CNN gets everywhere else in the world, Somebody pls help explain this

No question about the poor picture quality. The technicians did a bad job adjusting the F/stop ratios of their cameras. However, poor picture quality is not the same as poor object quality. The F/stop of a camera is the amount of light that hits the film. If you're taking a picture of a bright white object like the snow, the f/stop should be adjusted to allow very small light. But if you're taking pictures of a black object like coal, you must set the f/stop to allow more light. There is a continuum between these 2 examples, and technicians tend to forget that computer can't tell when you're taking picture of a scene full of black people versus white people. Also the ambient lightening and the position of these lights in the room also makes a big difference.
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by Liedetect: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2009
Nijaking sorry Ghanaking

I understand you insecurity.

South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Libya, America, Margaret Thatcher, your nations got a thrashing! Accra in Ghana has electricity and water lol  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cnn Broadcasting Obama From Ghana Live! by NSNA: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2009
bombsquad:

i had to respond to this.

Infact, this has been a trend from way back with the western media. it is only of rescent that they started to change due to the money they are getting from Nigerian banks.

(1) (Reply)

Political Correctness has come to Nigeria - Do not ignore the warnings / Brutality: Tekena Slapped Porbeni’s Worker – Ex-minister’s Aide ! / As Revolutionary Anxiety Grips Africa, The Nigerian Masses Must React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.