Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria (7481 Views)

Customized Cars Show- Beatz And Rims / Buy Your Brand New Tyres And Fairly Used Tyres (1st Grade ) We Got Rims Too / Naija Used Mazda 626 hatchback with new tyres and battery now 299k fixed firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2009
I intend to embark on a large scale importation of brand new tyres and rims into Nigeria. But my problem is that someone told me that Nigerian government is not allowing importation of tyres into the country. When I went to do some research about the government policy regarding the importation I found that only "used tires" was what the government was refering to as being banned for importation.

In my findings, I found that Dunlop, Michellin, and some other tyre companies have left Nigeria and only importing tyres into Nigeria from their companies overseas. Now, my concern is if it is true that these companies are importing tyres into Nigeria from there warehouses overseas, why regular citizens of the country not allowed to do the same?

I will like anyone with knowledge about this policy to enlighten me whether it is only used tyres that are banned from being imported into Nigeria or new tyres are also included.

Your contribution is highly regarded.
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2009
mmmn
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2009
smiley
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2009
Your enlightenment is needed please.
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by obamamate: 7:40am On Jul 12, 2009
Only used tyres are banned.
Infact  , the only 2 producers of   car/truck tyres in nigeria have stopped production
Michelin in Portharcourt stopped the production  about 2 years  ago.  Dunlop has scaled  down significantly.
Government mismanagement  of tariff  regime , smuggling, use of used tyres , bad  operating environment and general   lack of inovativeness in Nigerian business  has crippled the industry.
So go on and import your new tyres.
DUNLOP TRANSITS INTO A NEW ERA.

After 46 years of manufacturing top quality tyres, Dunlop Nigeria Plc has re-defined its relationship with Apollo Tyres South Africa (PTY) Ltd (“Apollo”), franchise owners of the Dunlop brand in Africa, by giving up the Technical Know-How arrangement it had with it in exchange for a more profitable and realistic arrangement of being distributors of Dunlop brand tyres, in Nigeria.

In order that the accounting implications of discontinuing manufacturing does not stifle the new trading business, the Board resolved that all excess assets should be properly and diligently realized and the accounting year end of the Company should be changed with immediate effect from 31st December to 30th September. The current accounting year which started on 1st January 2008 will now end on 30th September, 2009. With this change in Accounting Date, the implications of cessation of manufacturing can be captured in the Company’s Balance Sheet for the current year, thus bringing a tidy conclusion to the financials relating to the former manufacturing operations.

Significantly, Dunlop Nigeria Plc has also changed its corporate name while retaining the DUNLOP brand. Today Dunlop Nigeria Plc obtained the approval of its shareholders to change its name to DN TYRE & RUBBER PLC. This name change could not have come at a more appropriate time for it symbolizes the transition of the Company into a new era.

It would be recalled that Dunlop Nigeria Plc, which was incorporated in 1961 and commenced the manufacture of tyres here in Nigeria in 1963, recently succumbed to the pressures of the persistent infrastructural decay in the Country coupled with the low importation tariff structure of government. In so doing it confirmed the action of Michellin, who two years ago also ceased manufacturing of tyres due to the unfavourable operating environment in the Country. The cessation of tyre manufacturing by Dunlop Nigeria Plc, brings to an end tyre manufacturing in the whole of the West African sub-region.

Olusola Adebanjo
Manager, External Communications
08034506727, 01 – 4963218
sadebanjo@dunlopng.com
solbaj1@yahoo.com

22nd APRIL 2009
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by Jacky0411: 10:55am On Mar 17, 2010
We can export radial truck tyres to Nigeria. The sizes includes:

14 inches: 185R14C, 195R14C
16 inches: 700R16C
20 inches: 900R20, 10.00R20, 11.00R20, 12.00R20
22.5 inches: 11R22.5, 12R22.5, 315/80R22.5, 385/65R22.5
24.5 inches: 11R24.5

Brand: FEN RIVER / YATONE

If you are interested in them, please send your enquiry to my email box Jacky@aoityre.com
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by djsmoothy: 11:51am On Sep 23, 2010
hello guys just like to ask who will like to buy a 40ft conatiner filled with used tyres?
i have 5 container headin to cotouno and i need buyers each container have 2000pcs of
tyres and their sizes are 13, 14, 15 and 16 if you are a serious buyer pls mail me
djsmoothy1@hotmail.com or call me on +447886666126
Re: Importation Of New Tyres And Rims Into Nigeria by KDK(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2011
Any clearing agent here who can tell me how much clearing a 40ft container of tyreswud cost via tin can?

(1) (Reply)

Sold Direct Used Car From Usa:Toyota Camry 2008 Model @ 2.400,000.Come Grab It! / 2006 Toyota RAV 4 RARE THIRD ROW **Pre Ordered by Analytical from Inspired Autos / 2005 Volvo Xc90 Toks Selling Cheap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.