Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Prayers Cant Save The Economy! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prayers Cant Save The Economy! (449 Views)

Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo / 'Save The Lives Of Your Customers' - Aba Resident Berates EEDC, Shares Photos / ‎Saraki Cant Save You!! Timi Frank Tells Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayers Cant Save The Economy! by victorjam(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
Since we have a president who is moved by enotions rather than reason, i hereby WAIL. First and foremost, no amount of prayers can save the economy.How so? prayers don't form policies, prayers don't fix forex, what does ? policies, innovations and more policies. Consider this:

1. Crude oil price is not expected to get close to 50$ per barrel until late 2017, so the current hardship is not ending tomorrow. what are you going to do about it? Can you hold the naira to dollar rate at 199 to 1 for 13 months? is the Government planning to allow the banks and BDC source for dollars by themselves for 13months? if yes, then expect a recession. Or are you expecting to also borrow for 2017 budget?

Whatva prudent Govt should do is first Devalue the naira. Forget what Nigerians or PDP or Wailers like myself will say, stop forcing the naira to stay at 199 to a dollar. i know price of Gooda will go up and all that but Nigerians will survive and adapt. Explain to them why you must devalue instead of trying to perform a miracle. the prucebof Goods are already up without you devaluing the naira and yet Nigerians are surviving. Save Nigeria and not your Name, your Party or your Stu.pid Ideology of 1# = 1$, it is not real. Also remember to sack anyone telling you not to devalue the naira (they are your enemy).

2. Diversify the economy. Yes it is no easy thing but you CAN! how? Agriculture is an effective means. But we are doing it all wrong! Use machines nt manual labor. Mechanized Farming is what the Professor may say. If you can provide mechines that substitutes for hard labor at a rental fee to local governments or state governments, the youths will rush into farming. why should a B.sc holder be harvesting, planting , diggine etc when machines can do it faster, better and more efficiently? with mechines an individual can plant more, harvest more and make more profit! Ministry of Information shuld not be more important than ministry of agriculture.

3. Raise tax! i taught by now this government would have adopted NOI suggestions of raising our tax percentage from 5% to 10℅? Nigerians wont die if they pay 5℅ more, as a matter of fact, christians give the church 10 ℅ of their salaries. again forget wailers, forget PDp, think of a better Nigeria! If you wantbus to suffer for a better tomorrow like you are trying to do now, then do it right! No short cuts mr. president.

I am a wailer trying to make common sense!

make i go watch ball after i go come edit this post, so forget the typo errors.
Re: Prayers Cant Save The Economy! by HiddenShadow: 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Raise tax in a country filled with poor people and struggling businesses.
Diversification that is not laid on the foundation of True Federalism will fail.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Is Asking For Worker's BVN! / Buhari Has Scrapped Security Vote To Top Federal Officials / Overlooked Key Sectors Retarding The Growth Of Our Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.