Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? (18485 Views)

Kachikwu Sign Joint Venture Deal Wit Shell,Chevron To Increase FG Revenue By $2B / FG Revenue Generating Agencies Loot 90% Cash / What Is The Contribution Of South East Region To The Federation Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please lalasticlala, seun, obinoscopy, mynd44 move this to fp maybe we might get meaningful and matured contribution, because after almost exhuasting two pages we have not get any meaningful contribution so far from our brothers from SE instead of them to attack my arguement they choose to attack my characte and we will also appreciate your owns personal contributions.

Please I dont want this to lead to an E-war, even though i know it will
lead to.

Mature contribution only if you know you are a tribal fanatic don't bother to make any contribution please.
Salient and substantial fact and constructive arguement only.

It has been the norm of the day people from southeastern part of the countary labeling people from all other 4 regions NW, NE, NC AND SW of the nation as parasite feasting on their SE/SS region AND HOW LAGOS WAS DEVELOPED WITH THEIR OIL MONEY, HOW ABUJA WAS BUILD WITH THEIR RESOURCES, HOW KADUNA AND KANO WAS TRANSFORM WITH THEIR OIL MONEY, which is far from the reality on ground,
which have made me to conclude that our brothers from southeastern part of the countary arived at this their general believe base on their emotional belive and delusional hallucination or is it just a deceit to decieve uninformed Nigerians, or are they the uninform ones?

Source of federal government Revenue
Crude oil sales
FIRS
Custom service
FAAN
NIMASA
and other minors
ON CRUDE OIL PRODUCTION

oil is our major source of foreign exchange at 90%, and our major source of revenue at 75% before the global glut in oil price at $100+ to below $36 per barrel which lead to a meager 18% source of revenue for 2016 appropriation bill but still remain our major source of forex at a percentage we dont yet know, do to lack of available data.

OIL PRODUCTION PER STATE

1 - Akwa Ibom 31.4 %
2 - Delta 21.6 %
3 - Rivers 21.4 %
4 - Bayelsa 18.0%
5 - Ondo 3.7 %
6 - Edo 2.3 %
7 - Imo 1.1 %
8 - Abia 0.6 %

OIL PRODUCTION BY REGION
SS 94.6 %
SW 3.7 %
SE 1.7 %

four SS state of Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa produces 92% of our national oil production.

www.nairaland.com/2708477/oil-producing-states-nigeria-facts

FIRS

Most of the non oil revenue is geneated in lagos and ogun state at about 50% and 75% VAT (not sure if the figure are correct.
)

NIMASA

Most of the activites of NIMASA
Is restricted to area that have access to sea namely; lagos, ogun, ondo, delta, bayelsa, rivers, Akwa ibom, cross river.

FAAN

FAAN generate 75% of its revenue in Lagos and the remaining 25% is generated mostly in Abuja, kano, porth harcourt airports and little contribution by other states.

COSTUM SERVICE

No south eastern state share boundary with any countary and it those not have direct access to sea, so little or no costum duty is being generated in Enugu international airport.

most of the costum revenues is being generated in lagos (dont have the data). state of ogun, oyo, niger, kebbi. sokoto, kano, jigawa, borno, cross river are the other state that custom generate revenue from do to their boudary to other sovereign state.

porth harcourt, abuja and lagos airport leads in the airport that generate most of the costum revenue in airport other airports generate little or no custom revenue.

So base on all these indices its only the state of Lagos, Akwa ibom, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Ogun that can stand as a soveriegn nation and compete with any of the most develop nation in africa base on the reality on ground and not emotional believe of some people.

So I have been wondering how is other zones feasting on the resources of SE as always claim by our brothers from that region.
So I ask, What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EASTern (Anambra, imo, abia, ebonyi and enugu) state To Fg Revenue? that make them claim and believe that they are the one feeding the whole nation and other region feast on them.

salient, fatual and substantial contribution only please.
arguement base on hearsay, emotional belief and sentiment believe are unwelcome.

I tend to learn new things

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Elosky20: 9:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
they contribute:
1. Ipob
2. Massob
3. Peaceful protest
4. Chest beating
5. Nnamdi Kanu
6. Marginalisation
are they nt contributing more than other region with enough man power.

58 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Usman212s: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by HiddenShadow: 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
If they do not contribute enough why do you still keep them in your One N............................

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
They dont contribute anything yet you cant afford to have them leave the zoo!! Tell me sonething.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Karanka: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
Op go home; you're drunk.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by dammiecool(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Being it on people
Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by resty4(m): 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Op yr post is clueless as yr moniker!

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
HiddenShadow:
If they do not contribute enough why do you still keep them in your One N............................

ozoigbondu:
Nothing.......so give them their biafra so you guys can stay together and contribute endlessly to fg
because they are not ready and matured enough to leave and they keep on lieing that they are the region that all other region feast on, nobody is stoping you from breaking away from nigerian, but the issue is that u guys are not ready to leave, the moment you choose to limit ur phantom countary to just your 5 South Eastern state and ur igboid brothers alone without attaching by force wih other non igboid tribe in SS and remove igalas and idomas from your pipe dream countary that is the moment we will start taking you serious and grant u referendum and your freedom. And please stop saying Nigeria dont want you to break away, we all know that you are only calling for referendum do to your greed to steal the most bleseed region in the whole of africa and world at large which SS away from other Nigerians.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
chumada:
Ewedu soup cum red oil don enter this one for head undecided
act maturely even if it will be the only time in your life time. substantial fact only.

let me use this medium to invite nairaland generals
cc: obiageli, mynd44, firefire, SirShymexx, oduastates, abbey621, arewafederation, aresa, aressa, odvanguard, cckris, freeglobe, antlanticbreeze, areonakankanfo, lalastilala, Ecoterrorism,
NgeneUkwenu, viviangist, dukie25, GworoChewinMaga, EasternLion. Easternactivist, worldstar99blog, Idrismusty97, Osezua, omonnakoda, RisingSun1, masterblogger, Elosky20, vedaxcool, Emekamex, asha80, Brilliance9000, Brilliance9000, and the current biggest economist in the house LRNZH to please make their contribution.

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by ckmayoca: 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
If they ain't useful to u then let them go like they wish to go.
Weed is meant to be cut off.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by totit: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
grin

Facts but funny at the same time. grin shocked

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
Its obvious that this op attended the same school with their minister of finance who do not know 1 plus 1.
I advice Igbos to maturely avoid this thread because the op is ..... Onye ara.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Emekamex(m): 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
SE contributes a reasonable percentage.
Op are the profits gotten from customs and FIRS from ghosts? Because to my best of knowledge, importers, traders, retailers and exporters contribute at least 80% to these agencies and most of the people that make up this group are mostly from the SE(Igbos).

We might not be contributing reasonable oil revenues but we do contribute a large percentage tax from our equipped human resources.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by baralatie(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
What is the contribution of the following states to national revenue
osun state
Ondo state
Kwara state
Ekiti state
Oyo state

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by kettykin: 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
baralatie:
osun state
Ondo state
Kwara state
Ekiti state
Oyo state

Apart from ondo the rest contribute negatively to the economy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
Emekamex:
SE contributes a reasonable percentage.

Op are the profits gotten from customs and FIRS from ghosts? Because to my best of knowledge, importers, traders, retailers and exporters contribute at least 80% to these agencies and most of the people that make up this group are mostly from the SE(Igbos).

We might not be contributing reasonable oil revenues but we do contribute a large percentage tax from our equipped human resources.
what do they export?.

i need fact and data about the bolden not hearsay and emotional beleive.
that is been generated in their region.
not in other people region.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
baralatie:
osun state
Ondo state
Kwara state
Ekiti state
Oyo state
let me pretend like i did not see this.
we are discusing about SE, they are the one that have been claiming that other region feast on them, which is non existence. I pray u to prove me wrong with data and figures

21 Likes

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by AustineE1: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Its only parapo ewedu economics that you discuss a region without discussing the people of the region. Resources dont give you money but its effective usage and application that gives you money.However it is discussed, the south East remains the most vibrant and effective contributors to the Nigerian economy,with all due respect to the equally blessed south south region.
The oil productn stat op brandished above, may most likely be from the collections of Asiwaju Tinubus news media,we are all used to their Yoruba parapo press.
It is on record that the second highest revenue earner in our economy is from import duties and which south-Easterners amounts for over 82% of all revenue to government from importation.
As for internally generated revenue from direct taxes on businesses,lands,properties and commodities,which equally makes up the chunk of government revenues,no need mentioning those who are more into businesses,those who own more lands and properties in major cities et al. We all they are igbos!
It is also on record that Nigerian diasporan community contributes a lot to our total foriegn income,by the money the send home and of course we all know the people that travels a lot and are welly established all over the world.

This explains the continous and inordinate effort by the Nigerian state to keep South-East in this marriage of convenience called Nigeria.
One luv,no harm intended!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Emekamex(m): 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
realjoker:

what do they export?.

i need fact and data about the bolden not hearsay and emotional beleive.
that is been generated in their region.
not in other people region.

I clearly stated in the last paragraph of my post that our human resources ie traders, importers and retailers contribute reasonable tax to the FIRS and customs.

It is quite unfortunate we have only functional port, if not our human resources will be contributing more.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
ckmayoca:
If they ain't useful to u then let them go like they wish to go.
Weed is meant to be cut off.
Evering region is more than important in nigeria just like every organ of the body is very important in the body. is not that they are not useful but they have been lieing to non inform nigerians that other region feast on their resource which is false just to feel important and flex their ego, and they also went as far as calling other zones ingrate, al majiri, parasite which they are the second biggest parasitic zone in nigeria second to NE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
Emekamex:

I clearly stated in the last paragraph of my post that our human resources ie traders, importers and retailers contribute reasonable tax to the FIRS and customs.

It is quite unfortunate we have only functional port, if not our human resources will be contributing more.
and we are not debating on all the afformention now maybe that will be for anoher day, we are currently debating on revenue that fg generated from each zone of the countary.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by baralatie(m): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
AustineE1:
Its only parapo ewedu economics that you discuss a region without discussing the people of the region. Resources dont give you money but its effective usage and application gives you money.However said, the south East remains the most vibrant and effective economic contributors to the Nigerian economy,with all due respect to the equally blessed south south region.
The oil productn stat op brandished above may most likely be from the collections of Asiwaju Tinubus news media,we are all used to Yoruba parapo press.
It is on record that the second highest revenue earner to our economy is from on import duties and which south-Easterners accounts for over 82% of all revenue from importation.
As for internally generated revenue from direct taxes on businesses,lands,properties and commodities,which equally makes up the chunk of government revenues,no need mentioning those who are more into businesses,those who own more lands and properties in major cities et al.
It is also on record that Nigerian diasporan community contributes a lot to our total foriegn income,by the money the send home occassionally and of course we all know the people that travels a lot and are welly established all over the world.

This explains the continous and inordinate struggle by the Nigerian state to keep South-East in this marriage of convenience called Nigeria.
Which state are you referring to
Anambra state
Ebonyi state
Imo state

1 Like

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Psylas(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
realjoker:
because they are not ready and matured enough to leave and they keep on lieing that they are the region that all other region feast on. and they also try to steal the most bless region in the whole of africa and world at large from other nigeria, why cant them break alone i mean the five SE state and some igboid place and they should stop attaching by force to other non igbo region.
I am tired of their hypocrysis, i am the number one person that want them to break but should do that alone with their igboid brothers and stop involving other region in their phantom countary.
when you say Igbos, igbo land is the South East and South South, does Chibuike Amechi sounds yoruba or hausa to you?

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
Op hw many weeds did u smoke today?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nawa o

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
AustineE1:
Its only parapo ewedu economics that you discuss a region without discussing the people of the region. Resources dont give you money but its effective usage and application gives you money.However said, the south East remains the most vibrant and effective economic contributors to the Nigerian economy,with all due respect to the equally blessed south south region.
The oil productn stat op brandished above may most likely be from the collections of Asiwaju Tinubus news media,we are all used to Yoruba parapo press.

It is on record that the second highest revenue earner to our economy is from on import duties and which south-Easterners accounts for over 82% of all revenue from importation.

As for internally generated revenue from direct taxes on businesses,lands,properties and commodities,which equally makes up the chunk of government revenues,no need mentioning those who are more into businesses,those who own more lands and properties in major cities et al.

It is also on record that Nigerian diasporan community contributes a lot to our total foriegn income,by the money the send home occassionally and of course we all know the people that travels a lot and are welly established all over the world.

This explains the continous and inordinate struggle by the Nigerian state to keep South-East in this marriage of convenience called Nigeria.
at the bolden provide data to backup your claims. This is the general believe of u guys, that is only derive from delusional hallucination and emotional feeling which is far away from the reality.
prove me wrong with evidence not base on hearsay, emotional beleive and we run the economy beleive of u guys i need data from verifiable and relevant agency, mayby nbs, bloomberg, WTO, and other non verifiable or unknown source.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Contribution Of SOUTH EAST state To Fg Revenue? by realjoker(m): 10:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Glitzdasilva:
Op hw many weeds did u smoke today?
lol...i dont weed but i do take anambra cocain.

at the topic, do u have any reasonable contribution to make or is it above ur intellect.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fuel Hike: NANS Set To Shut Down Campuses / Hassan Lawal Is Dead! / Order Of Elections: Bribe Claims Rock National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.