Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,361 members, 7,836,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. (492 Views)

Kanu's Abandonment Of The Ship And Six Implications To The Socio-Cultural Milieu / All We Want Is Self-determination,the Ship Call Nigeria Is Grounded- ND Avengers / Ministerial List: Those who Were Hopeful, But Have Been Disappointed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. by fancyupage(f): 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2016
I am not a pessimist as far as Nigeria is concern, I am however concerned that our president and the vice president are doing more of talking than action with regards to the economy.

PMB has reiterated his resolve not to devalue the Naira, my concern is that when the nation's monetary policy is left at the mercy of a president instead of the CBN monetary policy committee may only spell disaster. However let me be wrong and PMB is right.

So Mr president kindly release your strategic documents to move Nigeria out of the economic mess. You and your team have been harping on the need to patronise local services and goods instead of importation. I agree with you on this, except that you are not leading by example, Your recent holiday should have been in Nigeria (local services as you are preaching) and not in the UK.

Please sir, present your documents on

National export strategy, National Health improvement strategy, Power improvement strategy, Education transformation strategy, Transportation framework and strategy, Environmental management framework and strategy, National housing strategy etc.

I am yet to see tangible SMART objectives for most of our ministries. (Fashola presented 13 point agenda, they are not the same as objectives)

I have Google all of these without anything tangible. Mr president if you have the documents please make it public, if you don't, please let your ministers do some work for the taxpayers' money they are earning.

I don't want to be one of those Nigerians expecting a farm harvest when a seed has not been sowed.

Long live Nigeria, Long live FRN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. by kokomilala(m): 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
What Nigeria is facing now is close to what Americans woke up to one day in October, 1929,The Great Depression, occasioned by the Wall Street crash and other things associated with it.
PMB can tear a leaf from President Roosevelt's proactive step.He devalued the Dollar and introduced The New Deal, where about $700-800 million was injected into their economy via soft loans to smes.The economy bounced back.
What the Nigerian economy sorely needs now is injection of funds.Soft loans can be given to SMEs.The economy needs to be stimulated.
Re: President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. by Standing5(m): 12:22am On Feb 24, 2016
kokomilala:
What Nigeria is facing now is close to what Americans woke up to one day in October, 1929,The Great Depression, occasioned by the Wall Street crash and other things associated with it.
PMB can tear a leaf from President Roosevelt's proactive step.He devalued the Dollar and introduced The New Deal, where about $700-800 million was injected into their economy via soft loans to smes.The economy bounced back.
What the Nigerian economy sorely needs now is injection of funds.Soft loans can be given to SMEs.The economy needs to be stimulated.
After devaluation what happens? Tell me step by step how devaluation will help or affect us all.
Re: President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. by ultraGM: 4:04am On Feb 24, 2016
fancyupage:
I am not a pessimist as far as Nigeria is concern, I am however concerned that our president and the vice president are doing more of talking than action with regards to the economy.

Well dont blame them for not showing what they are doing, it is the responsibility of the media feed us dailies, if the media is being paid by some folks not to favour the FG, this is what we see. As per the Ministers and their agenda, they cant do anything, base on the fact that their budget is yet to be passed, all this is as a result in change of power and system.
Re: President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. by Achuwa1(m): 5:02am On Feb 24, 2016
The fg fund tht is normally used to lubricate the economy like loans to individual & keep it going have all been moved to TSA for remmitta & its cronies to enjoy alone,,,
previous govt.knew TSA will choke the economy & thts why they halted it,,,but this brukutu sipping president tht know notn abt the economy want ahead to implement it without proper consultation...
it is the masses tht will suffer it..
Re: President Buhari, Please Don't Wreck The Ship, Nigerians Are Hopeful. by kokomilala(m): 8:05am On Feb 24, 2016
Technically, the Naira is already devalued by market forces.So we don't need to tread that part anymore.But, the economy needs a stimulus that will ultimately help the Naira appreciate.When you produce and export, you spark up a chain reaction-you earn foreign exchange, your reserves shore up, and your currency appreciates.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Kashamu-omoilu Foundation's Empowerment Programme Continues / "Nigeria Will Be Great Again" Cliche / Nigerian Lawmakers Would Never Cease To Amaze Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.