Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets (38131 Views)

Take A Look At Ifeanyi Ubah's House / FG To Restructure, Recapitalise Boa With N500bn / Ifeanyi Ubah's Car Gift To Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia's Wife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Is uba now gonna be our messiah? thanks to him for his smart move to save our naira. just thinking aloud now, the likes of babangida, atiku, obasanjo, dangote, otedola, adenuga, alakija and a host of other billionaires we have in this country are worth more than #500b and can as well join forces with Uba to salvage the naira from total collapse. Unfortunately, the monstrous greed in them will not allow them to because, the fall of the naira is a source of joy. Chief uba u are my man of the year.

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by CORRECTMAN78(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=johnmartus post=43196694]the position ubah is asking for is a sensitive one which cannot be materialize he should have know that he cannot reap in where he did not sow imagine ubah magic has started working how? as if the president give him go ahead? must he praise himself when is not even yet allow to do the job? and besides is there is no any other way he could use to see the president in private instead of social media? if he want to play gamble he should seek for another place else.naira is coming back i salute mr president courage kudos to you sir. [/quot

See Mumu

He is only pleading to bring you out of a pit.
In this case, you are like a daibetic patient and Ubah, your Dr. He is only asking to help you manage your fragile health. So if you turn down his offer to help you just because of that hatred you have for his tribe, then i weep at your stup*d*ty and woes.
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by menacetosociety: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2016
Achuwa1:
Nigeria economy in the hands of igbo men,,,the day the igbo men secced nigeria,the day nigeria woes will begin
Even the world economy is in the hand of the Igbo men!no civilisation no Igbo grin
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Ibeme: 8:52am On Feb 24, 2016
squash1986:
“Yes, we have issues with dwindling prize of oil but that is not even it. Other states have it, Dubai have it, and have their money gone beyond 3.65 to the dollar that it has been in the last 20 years? I

Oil is only 5% of UAEs economy.

He should look more toward Venezuela for a better comparison.

Meanwhile, when did Nigerians become this gullible? Is this not the same Ifeanyi Ubah whose N81 billion bad debts were taken over by AMCON? The same Ubah who allegedly perpetrated N41b subsidy scam, and the same Ubah who stole money from Cosmos Maduka? In a sane society, the likes of Ifeanyi Ubah do not open their mouth to speak.

3 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by 4C2215131: 8:56am On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:

I am not disparaging it, even if I may have sounded so. But some people just quote theories from textbooks to real situations whether they are applicable or not.

OK. You got a good point there.
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Optofrank: 8:56am On Feb 24, 2016
johnmartus:
the position ubah is asking for is a sensitive one which cannot be materialize he should have know that he cannot reap in where he did not sow imagine ubah magic has started working how? as if the president give him go ahead? must he praise himself when is not even yet allow to do the job? and besides is there is no any other way he could use to see the president in private instead of social media? if he want to play gamble he should seek for another p
lace else.naira is coming back i salute mr president courage kudos to you sir.

Channels tv is now a social medium?. Read it again my fellow
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2016
I believe this guy big time,there must be some magic up in his sleeve.it's not about having phd in economics,it's about thinking out of the box and we the igbos can beat our chest on that.

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by kingdiala11(m): 9:05am On Feb 24, 2016
johnmartus:
the position ubah is asking for is a sensitive one which cannot be materialize he should have know that he cannot reap in where he did not sow imagine ubah magic has started working how? as if the president give him go ahead? must he praise himself when is not even yet allow to do the job? and besides is there is no any other way he could use to see the president in private instead of social media? if he want to play gamble he should seek for another place else.naira is coming back i salute mr president courage kudos to you sir.
to me, this is pointless. Don't be hating on people.
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by boujaye: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2016
2sex:
That's we Igbos for you. The brain of an average Igbo man is constantly thinking.
Why do Igbos like taking glory on everything?

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by muba4huss(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2016
squash1986:
· Ubah’s magic working already as Dollar dips to N305 after his challenge

The Chairman of Capi­tal Oil and Gas Servic­es Limited, Dr Ifeanyi Ubah, on Tuesday staked his N500 billion assets on his proposal to the Federal Gov­ernment to stem the free fall of the Naira against the Dollar.
Ubah said if given the op­portunity by the government, he would halt the slide of the na­tional currency and bring it back to N200 to the dollar within one month.
The billionaire businessman, who addressed journalists in Abuja, backed President Muham­madu Buhari’s decision against devaluing the Naira, noting that such move would not augur well for the economy.
He stated that it was wrong to blame the fall of the Naira on low price of crude oil in the international market, insisting that other major oil exporting countries were not facing similar challenge with their national currency.
Ubah said if he failed to fulfil his pledge, government was free to take over his assets. He there­fore called on the government to make him its chief consultant on financial stability, stressing that he would work with any govern­ment agency or groups includ­ing the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to achieve his target.
Indeed, Ubah’s magic seems to have started working already. The Naira had been trading at N385 to the dollar at the black market in the last few days. However, with­in 48 hours of Ubah’s challenge to bring the dollar down to N200 within one month, if mandated by the Federal Government, the Dol­lar dipped significantly yesterday, trading at N305 in some bureau de change outfits within the Fed­eral Capital Territory.
“This shows that the scarci­ty was artificial. The masses, es­pecially traders, are suffering. Some traders are almost packing up their things to go home, be­cause of the high cost of foreign exchange which is crippling their businesses. Those manipulating and benefitting from the foreign exchange racket should be fished out and punished,” Chief Ubah said.
He explained that having built the Capital Oil and Gas Services Limited to a position where it now accounts for 34 percent of Nige­ria’s daily consumption of petro­leum products, through his inge­nuity, and without any form of waiver, grant or concession from the government, he was ready to assist the country to stabilize the economy by growing the value of the Naira.
According to him, “I want to reiterate my earlier my proposi­tion to the Federal Government about my capacity to bring down the value of the Naira. It is not about who is Ifeanyi Ubah, what can he offer, it is about creative thinking.
“Nine years ago I created a structure at 36 years in the down­stream of the nation’s oil sector that contributes close to 35 per­cent of the nation’s oil use. That re­cord has not been broken and one thing the nation lacks is competi­tive governance as they all rely on Abuja to share money at the end of every month.
“There is no more creative thinking, nobody is thinking out of the box. Governors rely on the centre for their sustenance but they must have to develop on their as the centre cannot sustain their needs.
“I have four cardinal points that will help in stabilizing the Naira and I am one of the very few people that helped Nigeria and saved the nation on several occasions”.
Ubah stressed that since he appeared on Channels TV to make the proposal last Sunday, the Naira has appreciated tremen­dously, a clear indication “that this freefall of the Naira is artifi­cial and could be better managed with honesty and ingenuity”.
“I am saying that I pledge every asset of mine into my pro­posal, if I fail to bring a dollar to N200 within 30 days, the feder­al government should seize eve­rything I have. I thank Mr. Pres­ident for not heeding the advice to devalue the Naira. I thank him and he should remain firm be­cause nothing has changed.
“Yes, we have issues with dwindling prize of oil but that is not even it. Other states have it, Dubai have it, and have their money gone beyond 3.65 to the dollar that it has been in the last 20 years? Is there any other mag­ic they are using? Is their foreign reserve depleting?
“No, let us be frank, it is all about re-engineering the eco­nomic sector of Nigeria, man­agement of Nigerian industries and at the same time, supporting those who really need support, who can contribute towards eco­nomic growth of Nigeria than supporting monopoly”, he added

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/N200-PER-DOLLAR-PROPOSAL--Ifeanyi-Ubah-stakes-N500bn-assets/
thats a business man but i believe nothing goes for nothing. What does he tends to achieve
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by InvertedHammer: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2016
/
Nnewi man always has a plan.

This guy did what most people that spent 10 years or more to get Ph.D in Business Management cannot do.

/

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Oblak(m): 9:18am On Feb 24, 2016
johnmartus:
the position ubah is asking for is a sensitive one which cannot be materialize he should have know that he cannot reap in where he did not sow imagine ubah magic has started working how? as if the president give him go ahead? must he praise himself when is not even yet allow to do the job? and besides is there is no any other way he could use to see the president in private instead of social media? if he want to play gamble he should seek for another place else.naira is coming back i salute mr president courage kudos to you sir.
fool. common sense you no get. Important men are seeking for solutions to the nation's worsening woes and you are here congratulating pmb. You are among the enemies of progress we are talking about. fool

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by faceyourfear: 9:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Well, for those of you who do not know the meaning of ifeanyi ubah... "Ifeanyi" means nothing is impossible while ubah means riches. now tell me why we won't give him a chance to save us from this urgly situation.

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by drss(m): 9:19am On Feb 24, 2016
MissingBudget:
I recall one internet genius was ranting away on another thread about how Uba is a fool and can't affect the dollar. cheesy

What they teach you at Harvard Business School is different from the business experience of the man in Aba or Onitsha. That's the real world. Not quoting dead people and studying Wall Street Journal.
hahahahah bevista comes to mind.
dis revelation is a clear testament dat buari dullard's cabinet is full of economic illitrates.

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by bizgai(m): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2016
After devil fear Uba, FYI Capital oil is a product of PDP 16 yrs and fuel subcidy racketeering regime which he confirmed where he stated he started his business 9yrs ago but my point is this. Ifeanyi Uba should diversity into other sector building it to the status of capital oil which is partly his and Govt.

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by faceyourfear: 9:22am On Feb 24, 2016
shut up your mouth
bizgai:
After devil fear Uba, FYI Capital oil is a product of PDP 16 yrs and fuel subcidy racketeering regime which he confirmed where he stated he started his business 9yrs ago but my point is this. Ifeanyi Uba should diversity into other sector building it to the status of capital oil which is partly his and Govt.
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by donephi(m): 9:27am On Feb 24, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
What kind of form of selfless service is this that a man would want to stake N500bn worth of personal assets? What am I missing here? The same Capital oil that opened up his filling stations selling at normal pump price (and caused unprecedented traffic at Magodo area) while others were selling above. At the time, some called him a saint.
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by luckylucky: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2016
I see Mr Uba as one of foremost patriotic Nigerians that can dare naked in a dinosaur winter time. I think a smart government should give this supernatural retailer business mogul a chance to demonstrate his permutations to rescue this dwindling forex market that may soon sink totality of our economy. Sai I doff my cap for all my brothers in Easthern Nigeria brave people with brainlant business ideas. May God bless Nigeria amen

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Mboi: 9:36am On Feb 24, 2016
cardoso1111:
Let Ubah chair the Economic Team
Unfortunately this govt does not have economic team.
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Fizzbizzie(m): 9:37am On Feb 24, 2016
SirJeffry:
The arrangee PHDs y0rubas get in schools with all their impersonations, the 1gbos get in onitsha main mkt and Alaba plus the natural PHD from Baba God.grin

Wait and watch Americans beg us for foreign aid when the likes of Peter Obi become Nigeria's President.

Shut your tribalistic mouth.. The Yorubas don't arrange PhD's they earn it.. Na u ibos dey buy certificate pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Justiyke4u: 9:37am On Feb 24, 2016
I don't know much about economics except the legal part but I think this man knows what he is saying if not why would dollar jumped back to N310. May be he was right by saying the naira fall is artificial.

2 Likes

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
i respect this man now! mr. ubah? where have u been? three gbosa 4 u.

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by koladebrainiac(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2016
M4gunners:
Without Igbo's , Nigeria will be sleeping on top of bicycle. Ubah idi egwu.

so emefiele is from ijaw abi delta?

who heads budget team? who was minister of finance for almost 8 years?? nna spare me the tribal cty
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by frank442: 9:45am On Feb 24, 2016
Pls give the chance
I think God want to use him to save our economy.

God bless ubah
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by Bevista: 9:50am On Feb 24, 2016
drss:
hahahahah bevista comes to mind.
dis revelation is a clear testament dat buari dullard's cabinet is full of economic illitrates.
I wish you can engage in an intellectual discussion without resort to derogatory language.
---
I repeat, the exchange rate is determined primarily by Demand and Supply of dollars. Sometimes, the demand can be Real and sometimes it could be Speculative. I have written in my previous posts that once you discount speculative demand, the true exchange rate should be around N240 - N280.
---
The CBN, under Jonathan, devalued the Naira twice from N150 - N168 and from N168 - N197, all within a period of 4 months. Why did Ubah not offer to help the administration get the Naira back below N150/$?...Go figure!
---
Some papers have reported that the current appreciation of the Naira is due to Ubah's audacious statement, others have reported that it is due to the President’s insistence of no devaluation, others have reported that it is due to inflow of dollars from neighboring countries. You can choose which to believe.
---

Cc: @MissingBudget
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by jorgan(m): 9:51am On Feb 24, 2016
God help us
Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by me69: 9:54am On Feb 24, 2016
squash1986:

The Chairman of Capi­tal Oil and Gas Servic­es Limited, Dr Ifeanyi Ubah, on Tuesday staked his N500 billion assets on his proposal to the Federal Gov­ernment to stem the free fall of the Naira against the Dollar.
Ubah said if given the op­portunity by the government, he would halt the slide of the na­tional currency and bring it back to N200 to the dollar within one month.
The billionaire businessman, who addressed journalists in Abuja, backed President Muham­madu Buhari’s decision against devaluing the Naira, noting that such move would not augur well for the economy.
He stated that it was wrong to blame the fall of the Naira on low price of crude oil in the international market, insisting that other major oil exporting countries were not facing similar challenge with their national currency.
Ubah said if he failed to fulfil his pledge, government was free to take over his assets. He there­fore called on the government to make him its chief consultant on financial stability, stressing that he would work with any govern­ment agency or groups includ­ing the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to achieve his target.
Indeed, Ubah’s magic seems to have started working already. The Naira had been trading at N385 to the dollar at the black market in the last few days. However, with­in 48 hours of Ubah’s challenge to bring the dollar down to N200 within one month, if mandated by the Federal Government, the Dol­lar dipped significantly yesterday, trading at N305 in some bureau de change outfits within the Fed­eral Capital Territory.
“This shows that the scarci­ty was artificial. The masses, es­pecially traders, are suffering. Some traders are almost packing up their things to go home, be­cause of the high cost of foreign exchange which is crippling their businesses. Those manipulating and benefitting from the foreign exchange racket should be fished out and punished,” Chief Ubah said.
He explained that having built the Capital Oil and Gas Services Limited to a position where it now accounts for 34 percent of Nige­ria’s daily consumption of petro­leum products, through his inge­nuity, and without any form of waiver, grant or concession from the government, he was ready to assist the country to stabilize the economy by growing the value of the Naira.
According to him, “I want to reiterate my earlier my proposi­tion to the Federal Government about my capacity to bring down the value of the Naira. It is not about who is Ifeanyi Ubah, what can he offer, it is about creative thinking.
“Nine years ago I created a structure at 36 years in the down­stream of the nation’s oil sector that contributes close to 35 per­cent of the nation’s oil use. That re­cord has not been broken and one thing the nation lacks is competi­tive governance as they all rely on Abuja to share money at the end of every month.
“There is no more creative thinking, nobody is thinking out of the box. Governors rely on the centre for their sustenance but they must have to develop on their as the centre cannot sustain their needs.
“I have four cardinal points that will help in stabilizing the Naira and I am one of the very few people that helped Nigeria and saved the nation on several occasions”.
Ubah stressed that since he appeared on Channels TV to make the proposal last Sunday, the Naira has appreciated tremen­dously, a clear indication “that this freefall of the Naira is artifi­cial and could be better managed with honesty and ingenuity”.
“I am saying that I pledge every asset of mine into my pro­posal, if I fail to bring a dollar to N200 within 30 days, the feder­al government should seize eve­rything I have. I thank Mr. Pres­ident for not heeding the advice to devalue the Naira. I thank him and he should remain firm be­cause nothing has changed.
“Yes, we have issues with dwindling prize of oil but that is not even it. Other states have it, Dubai have it, and have their money gone beyond 3.65 to the dollar that it has been in the last 20 years? Is there any other mag­ic they are using? Is their foreign reserve depleting?
“No, let us be frank, it is all about re-engineering the eco­nomic sector of Nigeria, man­agement of Nigerian industries and at the same time, supporting those who really need support, who can contribute towards eco­nomic growth of Nigeria than supporting monopoly”, he added

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/N200-PER-DOLLAR-PROPOSAL--Ifeanyi-Ubah-stakes-N500bn-assets/
This man doesn't know what he is talking about. UAE is a different economy don't compare. Nigeria doesn't have the structures in place to support its currency that is why besides oil which is sold in dollars it is difficult for the government to keep their reserves when oil prices crash. Moreover Dubai does not import refined petroleum products like nigeria. Plus ask yourselves with what currency does Ifeanyi ubah and he's peer imports the petroleum p

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by naijathings(m): 9:55am On Feb 24, 2016
2sex:
That's we Igbos for you. The brain of an average Igbo man is constantly thinking.

Clock Brain. Lifetime battery.

we must keep thinking and re-think and think again. there is ALWAYS a solution.

But these days, most people hardly ever think. They rather keep disturbing Jesus and Google.

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by me69: 9:55am On Feb 24, 2016
squash1986:

This man doesn't know what he is talking about. UAE is a different economy don't compare. Nigeria doesn't have the structures in place to support its currency that is why besides oil which is sold in dollars it is difficult for the government to keep their reserves when oil prices crash. Moreover Dubai does not import refined petroleum products like nigeria. Plus ask yourselves with what currency does Ifeanyi ubah and he's peer imports the petroleum protucts.

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by izyericson: 9:59am On Feb 24, 2016
I think Bro Ifeanyi ubah has a workable solution, I also think he is not just proposing, He is challenging the presidency, But, if I were Ifeanyi ubah, I won't stake my hard earned worth! Buhari is an endtime president who should be allowed to be himself!

1 Like

Re: N200 Per Dollar Proposal: Ifeanyi Ubah Stakes N500bn Assets by olaide721(m): 10:02am On Feb 24, 2016
If Ubah is serious about helping Nigeria why is he applying clause? Why will he say until he is appointed as the Chief consultant I think the country belong to all of us and if he assist the country I knw and believe the citizen of this country will never 4get him but with this his attitude of appointing him the chief consultant I smell something is wrong somewhere with Ubah,I think he(ubah) is having a plan in his mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africa Attacks: DSTV Call Center Now Unavailable. / As A Person With Business Ideas, How Can You Turn N40,000 Into Millions? / No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.