Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Missing British Nigerian Tourist In Chicago Found Dead, Probably Electrocuted - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Missing British Nigerian Tourist In Chicago Found Dead, Probably Electrocuted (1566 Views)

Burial Of Father And Daughter Electrocuted In Port Harcourt (Photos) / British Lady Cried Out After Seeing The Picture Of Her Man Marrying Another Lady / Woman Electrocuted In Lagos A Month To Her Wedding, Family Blames Fiancé (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing British Nigerian Tourist In Chicago Found Dead, Probably Electrocuted by justin04(m): 4:45am On Feb 24, 2016
The search for the missing British Nigerian man has come to an end. Twenty six year old Ademola Owolana, was found dead in Chicago. He went missing on Saturday after clubbing with friends and family.

A Metra worker found a man’s body on top of a rail car Tuesday afternoon at a repair yard in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side.

The family of Ademola Owolana confirm that the body found is the missing United Kingdom tourist. He was last seen Saturday in the 11600 block of South Michigan Avenue.

The Metra worker spotted something suspicious just after 2:30 p.m. atop a decommissioned car in the Kensington Yard maintenance facility near 123rd and Indiana, and contacted authorities, according to Metra spokeswoman Meg Reile.
When police arrived at 3:15 p.m., they found a man, age unknown, dead at the scene, according to Chicago Police.

Power was shut off in the yard so emergency crews could remove the body, Reile said. Trains in the yard are not connected to power lines, but the lines above the trains were live, as usual.

Metra and CPD are conducting a death investigation.

It was unclear if the evening commute would be affected as authorities investigated, but no trains were delayed as of 4:35 p.m.

Reile noted the yard was a fenced-in facility closed to the public.

On a friend of the family’s facebook page, Tumi Banjo she wrote:
Am not happy.. I just heard some bad news… that we just lost one of our son…. Ademola owolana… may his perfect soul rest in peace… Amem…. parents, mother’s may we not see our children’s grave… Amen… it is so sad.. parents and mother’s let us pray for the parents of Demola to give them strength and grace to move on…it is not easy to lose any of our children… the parents are Bola and Debo owolana… they need your support and prayers

Our condolence to our friends( and parents)Bola and Debo Owolana and the rest of the family.

http://www.ibadancityng.com/missing-british-nigerian-tourist-in-chicago-found-dead-probably-electrocuted/

Re: Missing British Nigerian Tourist In Chicago Found Dead, Probably Electrocuted by vkon2(m): 4:58am On Feb 24, 2016
Rip
Re: Missing British Nigerian Tourist In Chicago Found Dead, Probably Electrocuted by baby124: 5:13am On Feb 24, 2016
On top of a rail car? That sounds like suicide... RIP.
Re: Missing British Nigerian Tourist In Chicago Found Dead, Probably Electrocuted by pyyxxaro: 6:28am On Feb 24, 2016
I blame Bull-hari and Donald Trump for this

#Quote me # And Zika and Chicken Pox wud finish u embarassed#

(1) (Reply)

Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents / 50 Facts About Your Wife / The Truth About “toilet Infection”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.