Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Music Videos And Some Complaints - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Music Videos And Some Complaints (2140 Views)

Learn How To Create Amazing And Stunning Videos And Make Money In Few Minutes / Complete Mcitp,ccna/ccnp Videos And All Dumps (100% Sure) / affordable Music Videos By Squareball Media. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2009
Ok, i have a VERY serious complaint about this forum, i happen to work with a particular music group on their music videos but anytime i try to post anything about them i get banned on Nairaland and the post gets deleted supposedly for "spamming".
Considering that this a public graphics and video forum 2 which i have played my own part and simply wish to share my experiences and little knowledge gained with others, i find this very unfair.
I have to conclude that Seun or one of the other moderators have some issues with these artistes(If not, I'll be grateful 4 some explanation cause i am seriously baffled). i cant mention their names cause if i do this post will be banned,  believe me i have tried this at least 10 times with the same results,

Anyway,So i'll just say i recently participated in a video shoot for an music group whom i will call "Musicians X" to b on the safe side. they became popular for a hit song "Take One Beer for  my head" and i wish to share some pics from the shoot,

, And yes that is a Sony PD170,  i know, i know,  it's not exactly state-of-d-art but it works and it's low-light performance is amazing, (and it's cheap)

Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2009
some more

Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by zPixel(m): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2009
i wonder why they do that without giving reasons.
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2009
@zpixel
WORD!!!
Anyway recently i sat down and thot how much i have learned in recent years and i still realize there is so much more to know.
An example is this music video, ( i started out as a 3d modeler) but for this video i just realized i'll be using about 5 or 6 programs in my workflow,

Adobe Premiere(Basic Edit)
After Effects (Composting, grading etc etc)
Photoshop (Textures and stuff)
3D Max (For some 3d elements)
Syntheyes (To camera match the live shots to accept the 3d elements)

Fun all the way, I'll try and do a short Making Of specially for graphic and video people as the video comes along,

In the meantime, here is one of the sfx shots from the video(WIP)

Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2009
3 weeks later, and am almost done with this video, i scrapped out syntheyes from my workflow when i realized i didn't need 3d tracking to make the effects believable.
Anyway the video would debut on nairaland, youtube and TV stations around naija in the 3rd week of August, I'll post specific dates as they come up,
Out,
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by Kemjisuper(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2009
@dams
Interesting. The last clip looks promising. Till the finished one then. More power to your elbows!

Cheers
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2009
Yes, It's done,
We are looking to release the video on the 28th of August.

Its titled "Be"
Since am on a lean budget, am would be grateful to any of our numerous connected guys in this forum who might help with publicity.

If you have a friend, cousin,aunt, uncle, ex or colleague at any TV station who would help get the video played (without demands for massive amounts of cash, u know naija now)., then help, buzz me,, I'll be grateful and sooner than u think it might b my turn to do u a favour.

We have most of the major TV networks covered but still wouldn't mind help on them as well as local channels,
Thanks people, looking 4ward 2 hearing from u,
In the meantime, here are two more effects shots i worked on and have been permitted to show u all

Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by zicoisaac: 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
Nice one men, its not easy, but dont rest on your oar, keep your head up!. it will show one day,
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by sojioguns(m): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
@damseremie, Getting this video on stations is no problem with what I am seeing but if you have issues, just email me so we can meet. I will put it on the stations you want at no charge.
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by xpensiv: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2009
hey guys, saw the thread dnt mean to intrude bt noticed we gt some music video producers here and want ya to knw we nw gt the Red One Digital Camera available, for you guys who wanna shoot videos without compromising the quality, interested? beep me on 08036169416 wink
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by illrhymes(m): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
Nice work, can you call me 08067829106? Will like to have a talk wiv you, thanks
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by xpensiv: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
illrhymes:

Nice work, can you call me 08067829106? Will like to have a talk wiv you, thanks

U mean I should call u or who
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by Afamdman(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2009
Stephen, marketer
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by xpensiv: 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2009
Afamdman my good customer, lol
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
Here's the video. Brand New from Tha-Ibz
The song's title is "BE"
For Those who want to watch direct from youtube,here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBfMcwMnII

Else watch the embedded video,
Since this is the Graphics/Video Forum, {Comments/Criticisms and Questions are welcome, }
[flash=480,384]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBfMcwMnII[/flash]
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by Lfunk: 12:28pm On Sep 22, 2009
I like the track
Which camera did you use
Thanks
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by damseremie(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2009
L_funk:

I like the track
Which camera did you use
Thanks
If u read earlier in the post i had mentioned it was a regular Sony PD170.
Nothing spectacular, just stuck to the fundamentals,
Re: Music Videos And Some Complaints by valchris10: 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Videomaking workshop coming up in Owerri in Aug 31st - 2nd Sept 2015
The right path to jump-start your career in Video production.
Date 31st august-2nd Sept.
This workshop is the ideal way to get hands-on experience on the fundamental techniques of
pre-production
Lighting Techniques for indoors, studio, and Outdoor
Audio for Video
Image control and camcorder basis
Editing
For more info visit http://x-mz.org/video-production-workshops.html

(1) (Reply)

I Urgently Need A Graphic Designer: Ebook Cover And Banners / Cinematographer/director Needed At Media Production Company In Ikeja / Sketch Of Dija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.