Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga (1172 Views)

Exchange Rate As Of Today / Forex: CBN Throws Naira Into Open Market, Nullifies N197/$ Exchange Rate / Today's Naira Exchange Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by kuti10: 11:57am On Feb 24, 2016
It is interesting to see what the exchange rate is causing in Nigeria.

I was busy trying to buy some aplliances for my newly rented house. As a typical Nigerian, I decided to compare prices to get the cheapest.

I checked the Air conditioner on Konga and Jumia, the difference was about N20,000. I didnt even bother checking Yudala cause they have little to offer.

I also checked home theatre o, about N10,000 difference.

Wondering if its the exchange rate that is forcing Konga to take their price up? I am sure Jumia might be feeling the pinch but trying to keep face.

Will enjoy it why it lasts.

Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by dunnijayz1: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nice 1. would check it up myself
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by Tallesty1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
Yudala has little to offer? I don't understand.
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by fashyomi: 12:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
Jumia has just slightly better prices

Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by kuti10: 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2016
I meant they are just starting up, so they cant have as many products as Konga & Jumia yet. Understand?

Tallesty1:
Yudala has little to offer? I don't understand.
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by krisjin(f): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
Trust me I have a store on Konga, sales are not putting smiles on the faces of vendors. Maybe Jumia might be experiencing the same.
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by Tallesty1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
kuti10:
I meant they are just starting up, so they cant have as many products as Konga & Jumia yet. Understand?

Perfectly. Thanks
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by sherifat20: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
Cash flow is terrible. There is no money in circulation. I have taken my products off my stores on Jumia & Konga for now just to be on a safe side.
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by creamchic11: 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
But Yudala doesn't have much to offer, especially in terms of competiton and that's the truth. Maybe with time they'll pick up
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by oothoney: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
kuti10:
It is interesting to see what the exchange rate is causing in Nigeria.

I was busy trying to buy some aplliances for my newly rented house. As a typical Nigerian, I decided to compare prices to get the cheapest.

I checked the Air conditioner on Konga and Jumia, the difference was about N20,000. I didnt even bother checking Yudala cause they have little to offer.

I also checked home theatre o, about N10,000 difference.

Wondering if its the exchange rate that is forcing Konga to take their price up? I am sure Jumia might be feeling the pinch but trying to keep face.

Will enjoy it why it lasts.

I can offer you scanfrost products at cheaper rate..from Ac to washing machine to gas cooker to freezer etc
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
hmm
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by Kk4(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
oothoney:

I can offer you scanfrost products at cheaper rate..from Ac to washing machine to gas cooker to freezer etc
What are the prices for your AC?
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by Geniusinfomer: 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
Well I don't think the exchange rate is responsible for price difference between Jumia and Konga. Jumia has always had lower prices on products right from time. I always use pricecheck website to compare prices and know this as a fact.
Beside let me add that you can get free gifts at http:///JUMIAorder-Freegifts when you shop at JUMIA.
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by oothoney: 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kk4:

what horsepower?
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
oothoney:

what horsepower?
prices not price
Re: Exchange Rate Causing Wahala Between Jumia & Konga by oothoney: 2:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kk4:

1hp @ 65 500
1.5hp @ 72 500
2hp @ 105 500

(1) (Reply)

If You Need A Loan 50k-10m / Breaking News On Eagle Aurum Company / People Per Hour Is The Real Deal Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.