Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain (23786 Views)

Who Enlighten Me The Difference Between (com.ng) And (ng) / Pricing On NG Domain / Why Com.ng And Not Co.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by fredHOOTEE(m): 8:20am On May 05, 2016
your mumurity no get level........Na over size...,,you dey ask us for here...,when Google dey....,,!!! mtchew...,,abeg who get pun mouth charger.??
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by chipzidar(f): 8:20am On May 05, 2016
Example thebase.ng
thebase.com.ng

which one would you remember more often? of cos its thebase.ng grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Dotng: 8:22am On May 05, 2016
I wouldn't view .com.ng as long considering that the UK uses .co.uk
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by jimi4us: 8:24am On May 05, 2016
Afam4eva:
I think what may have prompted this question is the price disparity between both domain extensions. There's really know difference especially as it pertains to Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Google sees both extensions as originating fr Nigeria, so any website that uses such extensions will be indexed automatically for Nigeria instead of explicitly having to add your target country in Google webmaster tools.
of all the explanation above, you are the only one who got it right.
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by iykepromotions: 8:29am On May 05, 2016
TOBIWHITE:
I'm not sure of the terms they use, but let me use simple English
.com or .ng or .com.ng are just like suffix or say an attribute, it restricts the domain to a particular section, location or say a type of organisation.
.com means communication and that's the main purpose of a website I think, but other attributes added will some sort of restriction to the website. Examples: .ng means its majorly for Nigerians or its located in Nigeria or informations and products on the sites will benefits Nigerians. .edu simply means the website is an educational website, .uk is for united kingdom, .net means its a networking site, .za is for south Africa .TV means its a telecommunication or television website and so on. I believe the website designers should be able to explain better.
I stand to be corrected.
Nice analysis however .com means .commercial and is the most popular TLD among all other extensions
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by upsun: 8:34am On May 05, 2016
avurlerby:
Hello House,

Please I will like to know the difference between .ng and .com.ng doman names in Nigeria in terms of advantages, SEO and other benefits.
Please any contribution will be highly appreciated.Thanks
ASK GOOGLE
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by AareOgbuefi: 8:44am On May 05, 2016
molydonhenry:
If u ask me, na who i go ask?
ok, .ng wil go directly sharpaly, buh .com.ng wil first come n then go slowly

Guy you're so funny, can't stop laughing
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by iykepromotions: 8:51am On May 05, 2016
iykepromotions:

.com and .ng is ideal if you are only targeting Nigeria market, however if your product or services is universal and you want more audience, dotcom is the best to go for. in other words, among all extentions .com is still leads and it's a cool business on it's own. i.e you can buy and resell domains for profit. for free details visit this awareness thread @ www.Nairaland.Com/2540836/what-make-money-online
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by ericr7(m): 8:52am On May 05, 2016
molydonhenry:
If u ask me, na who i go ask?
ok, .ng wil go directly sharpaly, buh .com.ng wil first come n then go slowly

Lmao....#Crazy Dude!
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Ricswagger: 9:23am On May 05, 2016
TOBIWHITE:
.com or .ng or .com.ng are just like suffix or say an attribute, it restricts the domain to a particular section, location or say a type of organisation.
.com means communication and that's the main purpose of a website I think, but other attributes added will some sort of restriction to the website. Examples: .ng means its majorly for Nigerians or its located in Nigeria or informations and products on the sites will benefits Nigerians. .edu simply means the website is an educational website, .uk is for united kingdom, .net means its a networking site, .za is for south Africa .TV means its a telecommunication or television website and so on. I believe the website designers should be able to explain better.
I stand to be corrected.

i tot .TV is a country code toplevel domain for the country TUVALU
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by lond07: 10:33am On May 05, 2016
fredHOOTEE:
your mumurity no get level........Na over size...,,you dey ask us for here...,when Google dey....,,!!! mtchew...,,abeg who get pun mouth charger.??

As much as I agree the first instinct would have been to "google it", there is no harm in asking from the house and learn from those who have actually used these registrations and possibly learn from their experiences.

"Google it" is not everything. Lots can be learned beyond that if you do not limit your scope. Beside, it is pertinent to mention that there are lots of garbage information out there on the internet.
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:47am On May 05, 2016
EntclassBlog:
Period
You must be on your period?
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:51am On May 05, 2016
yomalex:
.ng is a Top Level Domain TLD while .com.ng is a Second Level Domain SLD

SEO? I'm not sure there are any significant differences except that .ng is shorter avurleby.ng or avurleby.com.ng

I have learn. Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:02am On May 05, 2016
Generalmac:
TLD.. Top level domain..

In terms of SEO .ng would rank first.

Really?
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:12am On May 05, 2016
sledjama:
.ng is a ccTLD(country code top level domain) while .com.ng is a ccSLD (country code second level domain)

to the average man trying to register a domain, this is for you.

the shorter a name is, the better and easier to remember for your visitors
this automatically puts .ng in that class of enviable domains, with companies like Microsoft, Google, Jumia snapping up our names, you have no excuse for using .com which is already over subscribed. oh! you don't believe me? type your surname.com and it has been registered by a Pakistani guy

go for .com.ng if you can't afford a .ng

.ng costs roughly 15,000 annually while .com.ng costs 1,500 naira annually (.com renewals average $12 thats 4000 naira)

if you intend to start your blogging career (cos everyone i meet these days is a blogger), consider using your surname first, if not available, try your first name, before settling for your full name

lets say your name is anyaebelechi chiamandachukwu
DONT bother registering those long combinations because 90% of your blog visitors is guaranteed to misspell it
just use anya.ng, how cool and easy to remember is that hmm? if you are a student, you can settle for anya.com.ng, not bad too!

a quick survey pls.

click like if you will buy .ng over .com
click share if you will buy .com over .ng

The best comment so far in this thread. I love it. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by TOBIWHITE(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2016
Ricswagger:

i tot .TV is a country code toplevel domain for the country TUVALU
yes you're right, but there's a diff btw .TV and .tv, the latter is for the island nation tuvavu I think
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by TOBIWHITE(m): 11:44am On May 05, 2016
iykepromotions:
Nice analysis however .com means .commercial and is the most popular TLD among all other extensions
thanks for the correction
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by fineyemi(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2016
Plssss how do I convert from guru9ja.com to Guru9ja.com.ng
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by kefbiz(m): 12:31pm On May 05, 2016
It is not the choice of domain extension .ng or .com.ng that determines ranking in search engine results. Google's algorithm is set up to prefer relevant keywords which are best-match to those searched for. Also backlinks (no. of sites that points back to a website externally) to a given website also favour its ranking. Although relevant keyword phrase if present in the domain name is a plus for SEO
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by maryannadaga: 1:19pm On May 05, 2016
ITGA has a vision of "I.T Giants in Nigeria" with a mission to bridge the gap between our country and other leading Information Technology countries.

For more info visit:www.itgeeksacademy.com
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by maryannadaga: 1:23pm On May 05, 2016
Hey Guys,
I just got to know about hostnownow.com and thought I should share it everyone. They are very affordable and also quick to respond to issues.

Good to have another reliable hosting company in Nigeria.

For more info visit:www.hostnownow.com/hes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On May 05, 2016
fineyemi:
Plssss how do I convert from guru9ja.com to Guru9ja.com.ng
Do you want to be using both domains as one or you just want to move your files the .com.ng extension?
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by fineyemi(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2016
Afam4eva:

Do you want to be using both domains as one or you just want to move your files the .com.ng extension?
I wanna move to .com.ng extension
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by Iamtaiwoalabi(m): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
I have a question here please......

What if I have larger audience in Nigeria and I'm outside Nigeria. Maybe I'm in USA, UK or Canada?

Will it be of advantage to me to use .ng?
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by argob44(f): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
TOBIWHITE:
I stand to be corrected.
OGA, .com is .commercial not communication. Wetin u nor know, u dey teach. see ur life?
Re: What Is The Difference Between .ng And .com.ng Domain by nansunn: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2021
avurlerby:
Hello House,

Please I will like to know the difference between .ng and .com.ng doman names in Nigeria in terms of advantages, SEO and other benefits.
Please any contribution will be highly appreciated.Thanks

They are both top level domain names for Nigeria
The prices used to be expensive before but now it has been reduced

Check www.buyitto.com
there you can upload a domain name for free for flipping and sales
One guy sold a domain there for about 650,000 naira recently

goodluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.