Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara (53525 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Photo Of A Woman Frying And Selling Bean Ball 'akara' From A Boat / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by DonBobes(m): 11:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
mak una de here de laff. Na so she go de mak her money de go.
U dnt knw wat plan God has 4 u. She's a lady atleast she's nt selln her body 2 feed.

Shout out 2 oluwacypris, kp doin wat u knw best am solidly bhind u.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by pacespot(m): 12:30am On Feb 25, 2016
There is nothing bad in what she is doing at all. The problem in Africa is that, we lack Branding Culture. Someone is preparing the food for people to buy and you're referring to it as a condescending job. The same "Akara" you will see people coming down in their posh cars to buy to fill their belle.

We don't know how to formalize and brand all these small-scale jobs in Africa that will bring dignity to them. People look down on them but yet can't do without buying their service. You call a pepper seller an illiterate but you can't hold on to your life for one week without taking a pepper.

This is where the white men are light years above us. They know how to dignify every small scale business they're doing. You will see a butcher coming to a slaughter house well dressed up in suit with tie. Before pulling over to his working gear. And you will see all the surroundings in the slaughter house well tidy and cleaned up that you will be praying to be a butcher one day in your life. These are the people that we call "Alapata" here in Nigeria that we look with disgust.

The same thing with farmers, they are one of the most dignified and richest people in advanced countries.

Sometimes, what the government just need to encourage small scale enterprises is to help people brand these professions. And Nigerians must be ready to change their attitude and perception towards these jobs. They are VERY CRITICAL for any nation development. And I think it's easier to achieve this through the graduates taking on these professions.

It's not only an illiterate woman that should be baking beans. A graduate can make a living out of it, even become rich, by turning it to something much more attractive.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Rossikk(m): 12:35am On Feb 25, 2016
Weedcrusher:
She's her own CEO
She's her own executive director
She's her own manager
Nobody can tell her how to fry her Akara except her customers
That roadside is her factory
That roadside is her office
That roadside is her workshop

Oyinbo talk say where we dey work nah there we dey chop that is why it is called workshop

Dear Akara lady, carry own with your workshop. No mind Enemies of progress

Very well said. That girl has more peace of mind than millions of 'employees' in this world.

We underestimate the value of being your own boss.

She'll be coolly counting her money there everyday and doesn't have to answer to anybody. She can re-nvest her earnings, brand up herself, and even scale up. The sky is the limit, once you set your sights on entrepreneurship.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by omonnakoda: 1:43am On Feb 25, 2016
jara:
There is nothing wrong with frying akara but as a graduate she should have done it with class. It does not have to be exactly like our mothers, she should have put some ingenuity into it. Like organized chairs and tables, more decent place or make her little space more attractive. There is so many things she could have done differently and still fry akara with class. That is what education is all about, not just to be employed.
This class you are talking about will cost money
Should she not make a start until the money for "CLASS" is complete.? I do not think so . If she had such money she probably won't fry akara. You are a talker whilst she is a doer that is the difference
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Rossikk(m): 1:55am On Feb 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
This class you are talking about will cost money
Should she not make a start until the money for "CLASS" is complete.? I do not think so . If she had such money she probably won't fry akara. You are a talker whilst she is a doer that is the difference

All she needs is a big bright yellow signboard, yellow uniform and red cap with a sharp title printed on it, and she's good to go as per class, branding etc. What does that cost? Probably not much more than a day's worth of sales. I think it's more a case of lack of education in business and marketing principles and processes, which her uni education ought to have exposed her to in some way...
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by muloks2013(m): 3:03am On Feb 25, 2016
modelmike7:
People should really discover who they are!
To the myopic, it may be mere akara and very
abominable for a "graduate" to be selling akara .
Graduate!
1st! Sit and ask yourself why you studied that
course you studied that made you a graduate?
Be cause u really wanted to or because that was
what your jamb score could fetch u?
Many who are educated or called graduates are
confused souls who cannot even defend their
results and have also refused to face reality!
1st it shows this young woman has a strong
passion for cooking and this akara can be
enhanced and lots of ideas out in to make it
bigger and better.
What's the difference between the pizza we
scramble for and this akara?
If she was making pizza, cake or shawarma
would u call her a waste?
This is an example of someone living a life of
purpose and in few years I bet you she will
employ the same graduates in the same business
of making bean balls.
By then lots of people will start going into akara
business
The whites may even come to learn it from her! . . . . . . . . . MODIFIED . Nairalanders, You will never stop amazing me, just imagine what this guy typed . . . . . . . " [ bobkezel( m ): 10:16pm
Another jumoke
Op is trying to impose on us another jumoke. The
first woman was about bread. Op figured that
akara and bread works hand in hand, so he
brought us his own version of jumoke. In
timaya's voice *I refuse to concur *"] . . . . . . It is really true we have different kind of people here!.
what I can see is her reading table and chair.......kudos to her.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by ogawisdom(m): 3:51am On Feb 25, 2016
modelmike7:
She is a graduate of accountancy from the
University of Abuja, the Vice President of the
National Association of Anambra Students and
she sells akara in Abuja. She's done this business
for 31 days, waiting for her national youth service
and has decided selling akara is what she wants
to do. She plans to continue during her service
year and beyond. She's very cheerful and friendly.
The first time I bought akara from her was a day
after valentines day. She asked how my val was
and I was taken aback because that's not a
question the usual akara seller asks. I decided to
talk with her today and find out why she does
this business. I'm glad I did and I am inspired.
Unemployment is relative after all.

And she had to get Bsc to do this sad storystory angry
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 25, 2016
muloks2013:
what I can see is her reading table and chair.......kudos to her.
. . . and probably her cooking gas as a student!
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by henryhemon(m): 3:56am On Feb 25, 2016
Sofisticate:
When you allow riff raffs to rule you, this is the end result. List your head of state since after the civil war and ask yourself, wouldn't a dog have done better?

I was tempted to call you named but you 're not worth it. I guess shes the first person to have done it in Nigeria? Hate for PMB will make you hang yourself one day,I guess the other presidents did well hence Pmb destroyed it in 10 months?
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by henryhemon(m): 3:58am On Feb 25, 2016
blackpanda:

Chim ooo! Akara kwa....tufiakwa!!

Shut up joor . Are you better than her ? Fake ass.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by henryhemon(m): 4:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Femiwilli:
This is the Change APC promised Nigerians, abi?

Nigerian President declaring Michelle as the President of West Germany

The Finance Minister declaring 16 + 6 = 24

Investing N40 billion in looking for Oil in the North, instead of diversifying the economy.

Allocating more money to State Clinic than all the Teaching Hospitals in the Country in the budget.

Increasing Electricity bills without increasing the supply.

Companies laying off people left right and center.

Fulani nomads killing people with ease.

Why wont the masses suffer.

CHANGE DEM CALL AM.

Continue blaming Buhari.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by paulibling(m): 4:06am On Feb 25, 2016
chemmerfrank:
She maybe helping her mother out.
The story dosent tally at all....sorry am not buying the gist here...

She didnt even package it like who really be graduate...then why the school? No different from iya sule down ma street.
Your a graduate dosent make you special..prove it by applying sophistication to the basic everyday things.
80% of d so called graduates no sabi anything. Because d skool didnt really teach us anything.

But she tried if the story is true...but make she add swag abeg

if you have any responsibility at all other than browsing i bet you cannot type this nonsense and post. you want to make money but have zero in simple humility then the money can only come from shady dealings. pray that unfavourable times do not catch up with you then you will know that the lady showed sophistication by making sure that hunger doesnt kill her.

i packed refuse at dump sites into trucks for disposal at the proper site but today i am the head of my unit making foreign trips presenting research papers in international conferences in first world countries. my refuse packing after my NYSC didnt define me rather God defined who i am today but took me through that route so that i will know the other side of life.

be humble and dont talk degrading things when you dont understand the circumstances. my friend all of us did msc just got a job of 3600 dollars per month this feb 2016 in this messed up economy but if you hear how he started then you will know that you have a bright future in this economy people are crying only if you can pay the price of patience in suffering and improving your skill in the face of adversity.

mulu anya. cool
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by AreaFada2: 4:42am On Feb 25, 2016
God bless her hustle.

She could have entered town with fake hair and skimpy dress to entice big boys. The easy virtue way.

But no. She's doing what our virtuous mothers, grandmothers & great grandmothers have done for generations.

Kudos to her.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 25, 2016
belloabd1914:
Now, employment is getting me scared. How can som1 spend 4yrs on trade, profit and loss account just to fry akara. Unemployment ti take over. I salute her courage for a fresh graduate and a girl at dat.
You still don't get the whole picture, it's not about your qualifications, it's about making a living and being proud.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 25, 2016
blackpanda:

Chim ooo! Akara kwa....tufiakwa!!
Yes akara, what about it?
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Ameedan: 7:00am On Feb 25, 2016
preciousman:
nice bro...may God bless ur hustle...one day I will get dere
Amen, thanks bro.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Vikky014(f): 7:02am On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

I waited for almost a year before I got my call up..as an igbo dude I started selling okirika before the call up...I had so many customers that I came to camp as a baller...

My regrets that I didn't continue ...went into my career
But thank lord I am doing well

That's igbo man for you
yes ooo. i'm very proud of my igbo race....your moniker though
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Weedcrusher: 7:22am On Feb 25, 2016
Rossikk:

Very well said. That girl has more peace of mind than millions of 'employees' in this world.

We underestimate the value of being your own boss.

She'll be coolly counting her money there everyday and doesn't have to answer to anybody. She can re-nvest her earnings, brand up herself, and even scale up. The sky is the limit, once you set your sights on entrepreneurship.

You can say that again. Secret to becoming successful is to be dedicated and have dignity in whatever one does
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Coolguy89(m): 7:26am On Feb 25, 2016
I respect her courage atleast she is nt jumpin from one man to anoda beggin for money
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by comos: 8:03am On Feb 25, 2016
I know of a graduate Lady who quit her job for akara business in Lagos. as I am talking to you now she has a house of her own.

kudos to the Uniabuja graduate Lady, she should package herself to differentiate her from other women
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 25, 2016
God bless her hustle... At least she is doing something

Pray she doesn't use her certificates to wrap Akara for customer when biznis finally boom oh grin
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 25, 2016
comos:
I know of a graduate Lady who quit her job for akara business in Lagos. as I am talking to you now she has a house of her own.

kudos to the Uniabuja graduate Lady, she should package herself to differentiate her from other women

what kind of job was it, tending babies in a crèche right?
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by IkpuMmadu: 8:40am On Feb 25, 2016
Vikky014:
yes ooo. i'm very proud of my igbo race....your moniker though

Nwanyi oma
Enewe ukwu egbuo ewu
Enewe ikpu ede cheque
Omuma asa ahu
Igobe...golibe

Nne

What happened to my moniker
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by IkpuMmadu: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2016
paulibling:

if you have any responsibility at all other than browsing i bet you cannot type this nonsense and post. you want to make money but have zero in simple humility then the money can only come from shady dealings. pray that unfavourable times do not catch up with you then you will know that the lady showed sophistication by making sure that hunger doesnt kill her.

i packed refuse at dump sites into trucks for disposal at the proper site but today i am the head of my unit making foreign trips presenting research papers in international conferences in first world countries. my refuse packing after my NYSC didnt define me rather God defined who i am today but took me through that route so that i will know the other side of life.

be humble and dont talk degrading things when you dont understand the circumstances. my friend all of us did msc just got a job of 3600 dollars per month this feb 2016 in this messed up economy but if you hear how he started then you will know that you have a bright future in this economy people are crying only if you can pay the price of patience in suffering and improving your skill in the face of adversity.

mulu anya. cool

The problem is that they don't want to humble themselves ...I sold okirika ,I sold buns

Today I am not travelling around the world on official trips
I fly to abuja from Lagos in the morning and return before 3 in the afternoon

God saw my humility
There is virture in humility

These kids won't get it

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by RalphT1: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2016
God bless the work of your hand. That little shall become great in your hands IJN.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by ogbonnajude507: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
modelmike7:
So the question is this...as the fingers are not
equal so also are the circumstances in our
lives.what becomes of our tomorrow depends on
us.
If ya'll see this as a way out of our precarious
situation in our country...generation to
generation, there shall be no solutions to our
problems.
I suggest you, I, clamour for good governance.
This lady sells akara to the very people who are
responsible for the thousands of persons in
similar cases faced with hardships. .
Did u see a zinc over her head to protect her from
rain and the scorching sun?
Did I hear someone say business na small
small??
Hmmm! even in speech, don't marginalise
yourself!
Nigerians! We are prince and princesses!
My people, we are a rich nation and as such no
child should go to bed without #food .
The fingers represent us as a people...It places
us all in our various obligations to one another.
Let our leaders do their jobs efficiently, no
stealing, no cheating, no greed, stamp out
corruption and you, I and the likes of this lady will
experience a taste of good life u have most of our
leaders living..and u know what? ?? They live off
ur sweat, off ur parents sweat and they live off
her sweat.
Now without us, there will be no them.
Vote for accountability and see how all of us will
benefit from the resources God has blessed
Nigeria with.
Vote for discipline in our institutions and see her
get immediate employment after service and
enjoy the benefits of good governance.
Vote for transparency and experience governments
mandatory obligations to its people and after
voting do not retreat like in the usual
circumstance, where we leave our government
feed on our blood.
Let's have a Nigeria we can all be proud of..let's
have our sons return home.lets protect our
daughters from the streets.
Let's protect our children from cleaning the
windscreen of cars for survival. .
Ask for good governance you will be # heard
bros sorry o,dont get angry with me,The next election is in 2019 why not leave this campaining till then,even though i like your write up,it sounded as if you are making a manifestoe.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by einsteine(m): 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

The problem with you guys is that you assume that education ends up in wearing starched clothes and carrying folders around

Education is making thing out if your life not making things out of your employer life

You have not said anything. If your reason for going to school is to get "educated", then you have missed the whole point. You can get 'educated" by ordering a few books from Amazon.com and reading them. When you go to school, it should be for a greater purpose. Any graduate who is frying Akara had no business going to school in the first place.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by IkpuMmadu: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
einsteine:

You have not said anything. If your reason for going to school is to get "educated", then you have missed the whole point. You can get 'educated" by ordering a few books from Amazon.com and reading them. When you go to school, it should be for a greater purpose. Any graduate who is frying Akara had no business going to school in the first place.

CAN YOU TELL THE WORLD WHAT GREATER PURPOSE IS EDUCATION MEANT TO SERVE....TO WORK FOR PEOPLE WEARING STARCHED SHIRT? OR TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR QUOTA TO THE SOCIETY?

I KNOW YOU MUST BE A YORUBA MAN...THEY ARE THE ONES THAT REASON LIKE THIS
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Vikky014(f): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

Nwanyi oma
Enewe ukwu egbuo ewu
Enewe ikpu ede cheque
Omuma asa ahu
Igobe...golibe

Nne

What happened to my moniker
lol. u r funny oo see lyrics. r u a musician....tell us the meaning of moniker in Engrish
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by IkpuMmadu: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
My education doesnt transalte....as okeipku and asadike...they give me inspiration ..I am not a musician

lol

Vikky014:
lol. u r funny oo see lyrics. r u a musician....tell us the meaning of moniker in Engrish
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Vikky014(f): 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
My education doesnt transalte....as okeipku and asadike...they give me inspiration ..I am not a musician

lol

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by einsteine(m): 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

CAN YOU TELL THE WORLD WHAT GREATER PURPOSE IS EDUCATION MEANT TO SERVE....TO WORK FOR PEOPLE WEARING STARCHED SHIRT? OR TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR QUOTA TO THE SOCIETY?

I KNOW YOU MUST BE A YORUBA MAN...THEY ARE THE ONES THAT REASON LIKE THIS

Ad hominem is the first resort of simpletons like you. I am an Ukwuani man and if you think you are more entrepreneurial because you are into some petty business, then you are obviously over due for mental evaluation. I still maintain that it amounts to a waste of education for a graduate to fry Akara. She could have fried Akara and done a part time degree. As it is now, what purpose has her 4 or more years in school served?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Bank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First Bank Pay Staff? / Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.