Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,027 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) (865 Views)

Emmanuel Ayodele Slumps And Dies At A Club In Abuja (Photo) / Eugene Anenih Slumps And Dies Of Heart Attack (Photo) / Mohammed Shuaibu Slumps And Dies At NASS Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by beautycrush24(f): 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Tragedy today struck at Oredo Local government secretariat Edo state. A pensioner slumped and died during a screening exercise to fish out ghost pensioners in the state. The unidentified pensioner was said to have arrived the venue of the screening complaining of ill health and lack of food as he was begging to feed following unpaid nine months pension.

His death was discovered after the pensioners were told to relocate to Urhokpota hall near the Oba Ovoramwen square and people around him noticed he was not moving where he was laying at the reception of the secretariat. A pensioner Mr. Joseph Obakpolor who spoke to newsmen suspect stress and lack food might have caused the death of the pensioner who for nine months has not been paid. He also lamented the unhealthy environment and untold hardship melted on them as a result of the nonpayment of pension and called on the state government led by Governor Adams Oshiomhole to fast track ways to end their sufferings. He said,

“I suspect very much stress; he may have been there for a long time without food. Since 9 months he has not been paid and he may not have any other source of livelihood. We are begging the government to do something about this because we are suffering”.

It will be recalled that Governor Adams Oshiomhole had told pensioners in the state that the Government was doing everything possible within its reach to fast-track the process, assuring that the gratuity will be paid in full.

“this gratuity will not be paid piecemeal, not that they will give you 40%, 50% and then you come back another day, no. this present gratuity will be paid in full at once.”

“one other decision I took on assumption of office was that I directed the Accountant-General to ensure that those who have been cleared to receive their pension are paid the same day those who are working are paid, the day I receive my pay, that must be the same day those pensioners are paid”.

SOURCE: http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/02/pensioner-slumps-and-dies-during.html

Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by bamite(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
This ís what GEJs ineffectiveness can causesad
Too bad..RIP baba
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by Destined2win: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by hungryboy(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Chai, Baba R.i.p,
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by beautycrush24(f): 5:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by Akkord4gov: 5:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
We have government that doesn't care of his active workers talkless of the retirees.
RIP baba
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by Young03(m): 6:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oh na so God take pick ds man family call

oshiobaba go compesate
75yrs old
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Jonathan refused to pay Senior citizens when he was in power.
Re: Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) by Tunami(m): 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
bamite:
This ís what GEJs ineffectiveness can causesad
Too bad..RIP baba
a typical apc z0mbyy

(1) (Reply)

5,000 Cows, Armed Herdsmen Occupying Agatu Communities — CP Imag / Another FAKE Inec Result Sheets Identified In Andoni LGA / Breaking News: Buhari Group In Crisis As Coordinator Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.