Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? (1119 Views)

See What A Girl Posted About Sex, Spirituality & Marriage On Facebook / Who's Responsibility Is It To Teach Sex Education? Parents Or Schools? / Lessons To Teach Your Daughter That She Will Never Forget... By Alison Bryant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by olowoorimi(f): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2006
I dont know it is morally right to call your little girl or boy and start teaching him or her how to prevent unwated pregnancy or STD's . I feel this is not right and I have been finding this very dfficult to do. Please help me out!
Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by mamaput(f): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2006
If you teach them or not they will still find out what they want.
The Question is do you want to be the one to teach them or do you want them to find out from others.
Do you want them to come to you with their problems or do you want them to go to their Frends.

Do you want them to end up with some stupid fake cheap DR
or do you want to be able to take them to a good DR

1 Like

Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by AngelKiss(f): 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2006
It is alright to imform them but a child is going to do what they want to do either way may not be while there under your watch but when they are away you as a parent have no choice but to pray that they make the right choice.
Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2006
olowoorimi:

I don't know it is morally right to call your little girl or boy and start teaching him or her how to prevent unwated pregnancy or STD's . I feel this is not right and I have been finding this very dfficult to do. Please help me out!
if you don't and something happens you will only have yourself to blame if you have a coscience.
Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by sammyjl(f): 7:35am On Nov 15, 2006
How old is the child

I think that there is a certain age when you can start teaching your child about sex education. But its best you do it yourself and do it asap embarassed
Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by chistiana(f): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2006
sammyjl:

How old is the child

I think that there is a certain age when you can start teaching your child about sex education. But its best you do it yourself and do it asap embarassed

I think the child must get to a teen age before this so called sex education must be pass to them.
It really important telling them cause they wont be bothered hearing it from their so called mate or the wrong person.
Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2006
once a girl becomes a woman it's better to start educating her about sex. The same thing should be done when the boy has his first night pollution.
Re: Is It Morally Okay To Teach Your Child About Sex Education? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2006
Sure. If you don't teach them, how do you expect hem to know the pro and con of it. But it shouldn't be done at a very early stage. It should be just when they are receiving signs of puberty.

(1) (Reply)

Popsie's Pet Name For U ! / Stop Looking For Ivf Centers In Nigeria, Share Your Tetimonies Here / How To Have A Good Family Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.