Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) (1196 Views)

Super Clean 2004 Toyota Matrix - 6 Loader CD - Alloy - Spoiler / 2008-2009 Toyota Highlander Sr5 Suv **clean Title** : N4.450m / 2000 Toyota 4runner 4x4 Sr5 **By Nyrol of NL**CLEARED - Watch out for Nija Pix** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) by Solomon227(m): 2:37am On Jul 12, 2009
Can somebody tell me the meaning of SPOILER and SR5 in Autos(cars)
Re: Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2009
Solomon227:

Can somebody tell me the meaning of SPOILER and SR5   in Autos(cars)

If you mean what I think you do. . .

Spoilers
are attachments to an automobile, either to the bumper, trunk, tailgate above the rear screen, designed to generate downforce at speed. These make a powerful car more stable, and allow maximum contact and traction, between the tyres and the road surface. In order to generate more downforce though, there's a penalty - they increase "drag" (wind resistance, which of course reduces fuel economy. Spoilers tend to become useful at speeds above 70mph, which is the speed at which aerodynamics come into play.

Spoilers are also utilized to direct air over none too smooth areas on an automobile, to create a path of the least resistance, to increase fuel economy.

SRS is the term given to airbags - Supplementary Restraint System.
Re: Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) by KunleA2(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2009
Solomon227:

Can somebody tell me the meaning of SPOILER and SR5 in Autos(cars)

Siena:

If you mean what I think you do. . .

Spoilers
are attachments to an automobile, either to the bumper, trunk, tailgate above the rear screen, designed to generate downforce at speed. These make a powerful car more stable, and allow maximum contact and traction, between the tyres and the road surface. In order to generate more downforce though, there's a penalty - they increase "drag" (wind resistance, which of course reduces fuel economy. Spoilers tend to become useful at speeds above 70mph, which is the speed at which aerodynamics come into play.

Spoilers are also utilized to direct air over none too smooth areas on an automobile, to create a path of the least resistance, to increase fuel economy.

SRS is the term given to airbags - Supplementary Restraint System.

Siena, dont get the wires crossed. He's asking SR5 (S-R-FIVE). Which is a Toyota designation. it simply means Sport Rally 5 speed. Here's a link for that.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_SR5_stand_for
Re: Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2009
Ah, got you, Kunle.

Seems odd to group a model designation, with aerodynamic aids, I assumed he was asking about things that are common to the automobile industry.
Re: Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) by KunleA2(m): 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2009
Guess it must have been in an ad somewhere and he's just not sure what it meant. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Clean Registered 1997 Honda Accord (special Edition) / Cheapest Sale Ever! Sharp 2005 Bmw X5 @ Giveaway Price N1.550m Banix 08035376690 / Clean 1999 Toyota Siena For Sale N950k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.