Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? (17364 Views)

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help / Hilarious Conversation Between UBA And Guy Who Asked Them For Loan On Twitter / N120bn Aviation Fund: UBA And Jimoh Ibrahim Disagree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by paulhq(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hello, I have been trying to use my GTbank and UBA mastercard online on Facebook, paypal and flippa and they are not working. Facebook says "this card has been cancelled, please try another card or contact your bank." Paypal says something like "we cannot link this card please try another card", flippa says something like, "this card is not allowed". I have tried it with a old UBA card, a new UBA card and my friends GTbank card, all showing the same thing. The only place the card works is in places like interswitch where there is a column for filling in your card pin.

Please, has this happened to you before? How can I resolve this issue? Those using the above platforms what card did you use and when?

Thank you for viewing smiley
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by famopompy(m): 7:54am On Feb 25, 2016
Why not send your account number and this complaint to both banks to enable them query your card. I know the email for UBA is cfc@ubagroup.com, you can even share this link with them, i knw they will definitely help you out.... Good luck bro!!!
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by Eljaycee: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2016
Bro!!! no worries.... @famopompy's just took the advise right from my thought... Contact both banks with your account details and also the full details of your complaint so that they can query your card and advise you accordingly.... at least i have an experience or 2 with UBA and they were responsive enof to treat my complaint satisfactorily..... cheers bro....

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by grandstar(m): 12:45am On Feb 26, 2016
paulhq:
Hello, I have been trying to use my GTbank and UBA mastercard online on Facebook, paypal and flippa and they are not working. Facebook says "this card has been cancelled, please try another card or contact your bank." Paypal says something like "we cannot link this card please try another card", flippa says something like, "this card is not allowed". I have tried it with a old UBA card, a new UBA card and my friends GTbank card, all showing the same thing. The only place the card works is in places like interswitch where there is a column for filling in your card pin.

Please, has this happened to you before? How can I resolve this issue? Those using the above platforms what card did you use and when?

Thank you for viewing smiley

have you linked your BVN to the accounts
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by paulhq(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
grandstar:

have you linked your BVN to the accounts

Yes.

I will follow the advice of Eljaycee and famopompy. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by GenOrumov: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
@ famopompy, are you trying to pay for something that is charged in Naira? If yes, that's the problem. You have to set it for you to be charged in dollars. How to do that is to change your address from Nigeria to USA.
I wanted to pay on googleplay but it declined my card. Find attached the email I got from gtbank.

The reason the banks do that is so that they can charge you in dollars because the value of the naira has dropped and the amount quoted on that site therefore will not reflect the true value of the price you are asked to pay if you are paying Naira.

So get ready to be charged at black market rate.

Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by SHOT(m): 11:20am On Feb 29, 2016
I had d same issue wit my GTB card. Changed d currency to dollars but it was still declined
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by dotcomnamename: 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
SHOT:
I had d same issue wit my GTB card. Changed d currency to dollars but it was still declined

I am having the same problem right now. Been trying to use my Naira master card to pay in Dollar but says ''cannot accept Mastercard now''. I called GTbank they keep saying i need to change pin from default. I told them i have changed my pin twice, they don't even have a clue. Mtchew... Any solution to this problem?
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by jeronimo(m): 12:20am On Jan 07, 2017
dotcomnamename:

I am having the same problem right now. Been trying to use my Naira master card to pay in Dollar but says ''cannot accept Mastercard now''. I called GTbank they keep saying i need to change pin from default. I told them i have changed my pin twice, they don't even have a clue. Mtchew... Any solution to this problem?

hello bro, just saw this thread. how were you able to resolve this issue? thanks
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by dotcomnamename: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2017
jeronimo:

hello bro, just saw this thread. how were you able to resolve this issue? thanks

I did not even bother again. Tired of complaining to GTcare
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by zinaunreal(m): 1:15am On Jan 07, 2017
Its simple if the good or service youre purchasing is in naira it wont work. It has to be paid in the currency of the country before debition will be authorised by your bank. Im simpler terms pay in dollar or any other currency not naira.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by CosmicJames(m): 3:46am On Jan 07, 2017
zinaunreal:
Its simple if the good or service youre purchasing is in naira it wont work. It has to be paid in the currency of the country before debition will be authorised by your bank. Im simpler terms pay in dollar or any other currency not naira.
I think the problem is CBN. Before this time we've being linking our cards to paypal and making payments online without changing any currency. If it was currency issue, then linking a card to paypal wouldn't have being a problem. But you see, even linking of card to paypal is not working!

How do I know is CBN? I ask a staff of my bank (First Bank) what the matter was and she told me is a directive from CBN to stop all online card transactions.

Don't ask me why because the banker did not told me why?

I think FG is deliberately making things hard for this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2017
The problem is from CBN i cant use my firstbank master card as well,calling the customer care line the lady said the instruction is from cbn i went to bank myself the guy said the same thing and i should open a domiciliary account,now i have gotten an access bank DOLLAR VISA CARD last time i wanted to fund my skrill account with it,it was not going.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by glorybeautym: 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
It is true that one cannot use atm card to do online transaction except you change it to the country currency, a friend had same issue today, in fact he was very angry.

God will surely interven.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by emojay(m): 12:33am On Jul 15, 2017
I had thesame problem with uba, what i did was that i was to apply for the nairacard. It is not linked to any account in uba but it works when trying to make international transactions. I was told to do that by their staff after trying to use the normal mastercard debit card for many months with no succes. Ask them for the nairacard. Mine is on visa.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by emojay(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2017
Did i say nairacard, its called africard not nairacard. Sorry for the mistake. After trying to use the mastercard with no success, i was told by one of their staff to apply for the africard because he has had thesame experience. And it worked.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by blackfm: 11:20am On Jul 17, 2017
you all should try it again. there was a limit on online transactions for cards but this was increase to $1000 last week.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by emojay(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
It has nothing to do with limit, just get the africard and you will be able to make transactions.
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by Tmelisfon: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2018
Happening to me now and my account officer stopped answering my calls. Well they just called me platinum customer that means someone will be help responsible when i storm my branch tomorrow for solution.

Will be going with my pen.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by Rhema03(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2023
Has anyone been able to solve this? Still facing same issue here
Re: Why Can't I Use My UBA And Gtbank Mastercard Online? by phpNET(m): 5:56am On Jan 21
no one bro am having the same issues right now i need to pay for my hosting service and its not accepting my cards, i even tried using skrill, even after receiving OTP from gtbank the transaction was still not processed am tired!

(1) (Reply)

Update On MPC / 8 Ways To Raise Capital For Business In Nigeria / CAC Registers 69,000 Companies In 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.