Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North (892 Views)

Agatu Massacre: Victims Accuse Buhari’s Govt Of Insensitivity - VANGUARD / Burutai Moves Army Institute To His Hometown / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Aisha Alhassan 4 Her Insensitivity 2 Chibok Girls Plight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 9:40am On Jul 12, 2009
Abuja - THE proposed N19 billion Petroleum Training Institute, PTI, in Kaduna is a provocative waste. The Federal Government's silence to mounting opposition to its establishment is instructive, and may be an admission it is wrong. Silence remains inadequate reaction to this matter.
However, the mere thought of this project is offensive, with or without the type of opposition lined up against it. Who conceived this latter day wrong against the Niger Delta? Is this project part of the efforts to correct the injustices against the Niger Delta?
What would be the use of such an institute in Kaduna, more than 300 kilometres from the oil-bearing Niger Delta? Did anyone consider the cost of the students travelling from Kaduna to the Niger Delta to have first hand experience of oil and gas production, which neither takes place in Kaduna, nor in any area near it.
More importantly, it is outrightly insensitive and creates the impression that government does not care how people of the Niger Delta feel.
Continues,
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by congoshine(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2009
rhymz:

Abuja - THE proposed N19 billion Petroleum Training Institute, PTI, in Kaduna is a provocative waste. The Federal Government's silence to mounting opposition to its establishment is instructive, and may be an admission it is wrong. Silence remains inadequate reaction to this matter.
However, the mere thought of this project is offensive, with or without the type of opposition lined up against it. Who conceived this latter day wrong against the Niger Delta? Is this project part of the efforts to correct the injustices against the Niger Delta?
What would be the use of such an institute in Kaduna, more than 300 kilometres from the oil-bearing Niger Delta? Did anyone consider the cost of the students travelling from Kaduna to the Niger Delta to have first hand experience of oil and gas production, which neither takes place in Kaduna, nor in any area near it.
More importantly, it is outrightly insensitive and creates the impression that government does not care how people of the Niger Delta feel.
Continues,
I completely agree,please push these through your elected representatives. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2009
The decision insults the people of the Niger Delta. It makes them realise again that government thinks they are unimportant, irrelevant and inconsequential.
Should we not build a new veterinary institute in Bomadi? Would it be out of place to establish a leather institute in Oloibiri? What are the historical, economic or academic antecedents of Kaduna in oil and gas production to merit the location of the PTI?
The oil museum proposed for Oloibiri, site of the first oil well in Nigeria, is still at foundation level, 28 years after the groundbreaking.
At times like these, when government is preaching to the people its interests in the improvement of the oil producing areas, the location of institutions of the PTI, should be one of the carrots that government dangles before the people.
Kaduna cannot be the location of the PTI. There is no good reason for this decision that dares the peoples of the Niger Delta to express their anger.
Government should not repeat the mistake it made with the location of a refinery
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 11:31am On Jul 12, 2009
Why are Nigerians stupid? Most of you from the South West and South South keep on shouting "One Nigeria" all the time but when the north want to put one Nigeria in Practice you people shout otherwise. Maybe you think One Nigeria is against the interest of Biafra. Hahahahaha thanks most of your are coming to your senses.

Whats the meaning of one Nigeria when resources from the South cannot be used in the North.  That hypocrisy of the highest level.
If you are for one Nigeria live with it and take what ever the north gives so that the statue-quo will remain.
If you are against one Nigeria voice your concern like becomerich and others calling for their own nations(BIAFRA).
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 11:32am On Jul 12, 2009
The PTI in Warri is almost comatose from years of unimproved facilities and sometimes near abandonment. For a fraction of the amount proposed for the new PTI, the one in Warri could have been upgraded to provide the services of a new school.
If there is need for another PTI, it should have been located within one of the universities in the oil producing areas (to save cost) and as a special school to meet the manpower needs of the industry.
The discontent this issue is breeding is capable of washing away the gains government has made from its amnesty to militants in the Niger Delta. Government should act in the national interest by cancelling the PTI in Kaduna, while ensuring the one in Warri works.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2009
The last time i checked Kaduna is in Nigeria or has Niger Republic taken over Kaduna State? As far as it is in Nigeria and we are for one Nigeria i don't see anything wrong in establishing another PTI in Kaduna State.
Are we not "One Nigeria" anymore? Since they have one in Warri, i dont see anything wrong is having one or two in the north even more refinaries over there. Thats spreads development and training of man-power across "one Nigeria"
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by Abagworo(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2009
Owerri is the best place for such establishment.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by Gbawe: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2009
amarilo:

Whats the meaning of one Nigeria when resources from the South cannot be used in the North. That hypocrisy of the highest level.

I dont think that is the arguement here. There are issues of intrinsic unsuitability of Kaduna as the location of a Petroleum training Institute in Nigeria. There are simply more amenable, more viable and more logistically suitable States than Kaduna. I would have no problem with Kaduna gaining a petroleum training Institute if such an institute could not be sited elsewhere for greater effectiveness and productivity.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by DisGuy: 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2009
congoshine:

I completely agree,please push these through your elected representatives. . . .  . . . . . .  .

you joker! you and i know they wont do anything but sit in Abuja exchanging Ghana must go

One would expect southerners to hold their local representative responsible but no, it's easier to blame the northerners!!!

rhymz:

The PTI in Warri is almost comatose from years of unimproved facilities and sometimes near abandonment. For a fraction of the amount proposed for the new PTI, the one in Warri could have been upgraded to provide the services of a new school.
If there is need for another PTI, it should have been located within one of the universities in the oil producing areas (to save cost) and as a special school to meet the manpower needs of the industry.
The discontent this issue is breeding is capable of washing away the gains government has made from its amnesty to militants in the Niger Delta. Government should act in the national interest by cancelling the PTI in Kaduna, while ensuring the one in Warri works.

Are you saying the reps from Niger-delta region, NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta are incompetent?
Why isn't the one in warri working (how are we sure it's not working) don't tell me northerners are in charge!

original article
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by generalzango(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2009
It's ur reps. at Abuja,that don't want it in the Niger Delta. If not why,are they not complaining. When talking about " Northern insensivity" inside 60% it's only 9% that know that there is wealth in Nigeria. So if 1 northerner those any thing bad, say the persons name & not his region.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
Gbawe:

I dont think that is the arguement here. There are issues of intrinsic unsuitability of Kaduna as the location of a Petroleum training Institute in Nigeria. There are simply more amenable, more viable and more logistically suitable States than Kaduna. I would have no problem with Kaduna gaining a petroleum training Institute if such an institute could not be sited elsewhere for greater effectiveness and productivity.
That is the arguement dude, I guess you did not read this from the rhymz

What are the historical, economic or academic antecedents of Kaduna in oil and gas production to merit the location of the PTI?

Should such question be asked when you believe in "One Nigeria"?
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
@amarilo,what exactly is Ur point cos am yet to understand Ur grouch.Pls don't just argue 4 d sake of seeing Ur own post.
Of all the places to site a petroleum institute,U think Kaduna is d best place 4 it.What re d reasons?Is it for political correctness?This idea is borne out of exploitation of d people of d niger delta,kaduna lyk all d other northern states does't ve any precedence in oil exploration,the state is'nt even close to any oil field,there's nothing to suggest that dis idea is viable.The northerners don't beliv in d so-called one nigeria that's why they so brazenly jostle for things lyk dis cos they fear that one day dis oil wealth will dwindle but anyway they re goin to make d most of it while d thieving spree lasts.Come on fellow Nigerians who does't know dat d reason d north wont let go is because of d oil,once it fizzles,U will be surprise they also will want to secede from dis colonial joker called Nigeria.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2009
rhymz:

@amarilo,what exactly is Ur point cos am yet to understand Ur grouch.Pls don't just argue 4 d sake of seeing Ur own post.
Of all the places to site a petroleum institute,U think Kaduna is d best place 4 it.What re d reasons?Is it for political correctness?This idea is borne out of exploitation of d people of d niger delta,kaduna lyk all d other northern states does't ve any precedence in oil exploration,the state is'nt even close to any oil field,there's nothing to suggest that dis idea is viable.The northerners don't beliv in d so-called one nigeria that's why they so brazenly jostle for things lyk dis cos they fear that one day dis oil wealth will dwindle but anyway they re goin to make d most of it while d thieving spree lasts.Come on fellow Nigerians who does't know dat d reason d north wont let go is because of d oil,once it fizzles,U will be surprise they also will want to secede from dis colonial joker called Nigeria.
Sorry dude we are on it together. But what effort have your region made to break away from the system or are you just realizing now that the northerners are in it for nobodies good. Sorry again that you realised it very late and i don't think we have any remedy this time around. People from the SE saw it coming more than 40 years ago but what did they get? U know better. Those of you or your forefathers that was shouting "One Nigeria" then are the people complaining now but will still shout "One Nigeria" if they hear of MASSOB.
You people bargained for it and you got it so leave with it until the day you guys are man enuff to fight for what belong to you. If you check around in here you will still see many of your folks from ND shouting 1 Nigeria. Why do we shout 1 Nigeria and cry fowl when Hausa's put one Nigeria in practice is what i don't understand.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
4rm amarilo,(That is the arguement dude, I guess you did not read this from the rhymz
Quote)

What are the historical, economic or academic antecedents of Kaduna in oil and gas production to merit the location of the PTI?

@amarilo,I ask again what exactly is Ur point.
In d name of one nigeria U re going to take advantage of ppl 4rm other region.
Guy,luk at issues for what they and stop making illegimate excuses in the name of one god damn Nigeria.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2009
Dude read in between lines before you reply. Let me ask you this question.

Are you for One Nigeria or against it? Your sincere answer is needed.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2009
everything is gradually going to the north like play like play angry
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

everything is gradually going to the north like play like play angry
Thats the "One Nigeria" you guys bought without any bargain. Very soon the HQ of all the oil companies will move base.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
@amarillo,issues of secession re not what dis topic abt,i made reference to it in order to make my point clear.Am not for secession neither am I against it but while we re still in d delusion of one Nigeria,we must protest when one region tries to rob another region blind all becos they re a majority and in power.If dis so-called on Nigeria is going to work,ppl must learn to do thingz d right way,respect d sensitivities of otherz towardz issues like dis.I think d north is becoming overbearing & belligerant with d way they brazenly tumble what is d general norm in dis "one Nigeria"
first,they uncannily throw all caution to d wind and succeeded in mounting pressure on d docile & ambivalent Yaradua to appoint a northerner as d CBN governor which goes against d grain of d so-called federal character even though we already had two northernerz heading d very sensitive departments of our economy.I mean,it's lyk d northern oligarchy is d FG & not yaradua,they alwayz seem to get what they want.Haba!!!
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2009
@amarillo,issues of secession re not what dis topic abt,i made reference to it in order to make my point clear.Am not for secession neither am I against it but while we re still in d delusion of one Nigeria,we must protest when one region tries to rob another region blind all becos they re a majority and in power.If dis so-called on Nigeria is going to work,ppl must learn to do thingz d right way,respect d sensitivities of otherz towardz issues like dis.I think d north is becoming overbearing & belligerant with d way they brazenly tumble what is d general norm in dis "one Nigeria"
first,they uncannily throw all caution to d wind and succeeded in mounting pressure on d docile & ambivalent Yaradua to appoint a northerner as d CBN governor which goes against d grain of d so-called federal character even though we already had two northernerz heading d very sensitive departments of our economy.I mean,it's lyk d northern oligarchy is d FG & not yaradua,they alwayz seem to get what they want.Haba!!!
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by amarilo: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2009
Look their is nothing like rubbing other region when we don't have regional govt. Everything is in the hand of the Federal Govt. As far as we are still "one Nigeria" the location of PTI and who the CBN Gov or Economy minister is makes no diff as far as that person is a Nigerian and can do the work.
PTI being in Kaduna don't stop anybody from the Delta or Imo from going there.
Our problem is that we refused to define what we stand for. You can only post your comments on NL but when the real struggle comes we call some people greedy folks. If other region can mouth pressure just like Massob and Mend we must have achieved something by now. If we keep on posting our grievances here in the next 100 years the problem will still be there.
Nobody from west will complain about this issue why? You know the reason much as i know. The North are more United than the South.
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by congoshine(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2009
amarilo,you are very correct,I wish i could give you a handshake wink .

Is Kaduna not part on Nigeria??!!

Are we not operating a democratic system? Let the complainants follow up with their elected reps in the National Assembly. if they can't help you then kick them out of make them 'persona non-grata'. Its really straightforward.

In addition,suggest another location if you don't like Kaduna ,Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2009
@amarilo,it's funny how my last post rhymed with Ur question even b4 I saw it,it shows my sincerity to d issue.Seriously d north is taking evry1 for a ride with d way they re going dis country might get to a point where evry1 will start clamouring for autonomy,realy dis country is standing on a faulty foundation.And most of d problems is attributable to d north and d south west for thier tacit support to d north,let d truth be told.Let's stop backing wrong things just becos d person or people doing it re 4rm our tribe.
How can any responsible government give a tacit go aheamd to actionz that re inimical to d peace of dis country,i guez he knows how to contain them,all he needz to d is use d JTF(dominated by uneducated northern boyz) to bomb thier villages,chase dem away 4rm dier residence,turn them to criminalz and militantz and later give them some stupid amnesty only to repeat d cycle with dsame injustice dat caused the revolt in d first place.What a Government!
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2009
@amarilo,it's funny how my last post rhymed with Ur question even b4 I saw it,it shows my sincerity to d issue.Seriously d north is taking evry1 for a ride with d way they re going dis country might get to a point where evry1 will start clamouring for autonomy,realy dis country is standing on a faulty foundation.And most of d problems is attributable to d north and d south west for thier tacit support to d north,let d truth be told.Let's stop backing wrong things just becos d person or people doing it re 4rm our tribe.
How can any responsible government give a tacit go aheamd to actionz that re inimical to d peace of dis country,i guez he knows how to contain them,all he needz to d is use d JTF(dominated by uneducated northern boyz) to bomb thier villages,chase dem away 4rm dier residence,turn them to criminalz and militantz and later give them some stupid amnesty only to repeat d cycle with dsame injustice dat caused the revolt in d first place.What a Government!
Re: Northern Insensitivity:#19billion Petroleum Training Institute To Be Situated In The North by rhymz(m): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2009
@amarilo,i completly disagree with U,yes we re practising federalism and not regionalism but even in d constitution it is enshrined that federal appointments must be a reflection of all federating states and dat'z exactly my point.U can't practise dat policy when it suits Ur purpose which waz exactly what Yaradua did,he removed a person who was doing quite well,yes he had some issues but they pale in comparison to his achievement.But because d Northern oligarchy & d so-called Northern People's Front had a score to settle with him,they mounted pressure on yaramumu who succumbed & den chose a northerner to protect thier interest without regards to d effect dat will have on our financial system and d upset it will cause d so-called federal character which they ve so judiciously used to dominate d national ass,house of rep,ministerial positionz and so on,until hitherto.They now want to hide under d guise of competence as if Sanusi is d most competent nigerian to get d job.Niggaz plssss,

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Nabs Banker Over N12.5m Fraud / Letter To Bode George ( By Femi Falana ) / Washington Has Overreacted Cnn Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.