Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 (828 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2007/08 LE Navigation/revcam Toks... 2.55m SOLD / Camary 08 LE Fabrics 2.550m / SOLD 1M!!!! 2004 Volkswagen Touareg. Price: 1.3m, Location: Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by Slyphax(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2016
I was working on buying my first car and I have narrowed my search based on my budget to two cars
Toyota Camry 08 LE
4Plugs Engine
Fabric Seats

Volkswagen Touareg 06
V8 Engine
Maroon Leather Seats

The difference in price is just about 200-300k. I am more inclined towards the Touareg but while a dealer got me the Camry,I found the Touareg on my own. He has said the Touareg isn't a great car for a starter and that its easily faulty with ''Brain-Box'' and ''Electrical Fault'' issues and that most mechanics here dont know much about fixing its issues and all they do is basically trial and error and he also mentioned the thing with availabilty of parts. I want to believe he is just trying to make me buy from his source but I also want to know if there's some truth to what he is saying. Thats why i am here to seek opinion from a wider audience with no bias. Thank you
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by Slyphax(m): 12:22am On Feb 25, 2016
still awaiting ur advice and responses. Tnx
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by redcliff: 12:35am On Feb 25, 2016
Wow tough choice my friend. Tough choice. I would rather go with the touareg only cos of our bad roads.. if you go to gbagada there are over experienced mechanic who are vw nd audi experts. Seek nd u shall find
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 25, 2016
First of all, ur financial strength matters that's if u can afford to use a toureg V8 but regardless of that, I think u should stick to the camry cus it is easier to maintain, fuel efficient, rugged and also gat a good resale value. On the other hand, a close friend of mine used a toureg V6 (bought it as toks), served him pretty well for 2years and when the electrical issue started it kept visiting th mechanic's workshop. The mechanic made a meal out of it, he would fix a problem with the car only for another issue to come up. To cut the long story short, my friend was fed up and ended up selling a ride he bought for 2.8million for 500k...
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by Anchor84: 1:15am On Feb 25, 2016
Camry is far easy to maintain in all ways compared to Toureg,it has 2nd hand Value,only d Toureg is just gud for Bad Roads nd mind u it's not gud or even a bit adviceable for a 1st time car owner.
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by Delphi(m): 2:08am On Feb 25, 2016
If you own a filling station, you can go for the touareg.
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by ernecy(m): 2:48am On Feb 25, 2016
Just listen to your dealer,he telling your the truth.
Re: Help-toyota Camry 08 LE Or Volkswagen Touareg 06 by Slyphax(m): 7:43am On Feb 25, 2016
Wow,Nairaland cares. I'm impressed by the response looking at the time I made the post. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Peugeot 307 For Sale N450K *SOLD* / Cheap Registered Toyota Corolla For Sale / S-O-L-D...Tin-can Cleared 2008 Toyota Camry LE Gray Color 45713

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.