Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

1985 Golden Eaglets Reward: “I Don Get Alert’’ – Ugbade - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 1985 Golden Eaglets Reward: “I Don Get Alert’’ – Ugbade (521 Views)

Finidi George Offers To Coach Golden Eaglets For Free / Ex-nigeria Footballer Nduka Ugbade Becomes The First NPFL Coach To Be Sacked / Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1985 Golden Eaglets Reward: “I Don Get Alert’’ – Ugbade by nairacoded: 3:12am On Feb 25, 2016
MEMBER of the Golden Eaglets class of 1985 that won the inaugural Fifa Under 16 World Cup are all smiles after the Federal Government kept its promise of paying the players their cash rewards.

Ugbade
Captain of the World Cup-winning team, Nduka Ugbade confirmed to Sports Vanguard that he got an alert from his bank to that effect.

“I have just received an alert as we speak,” Ugbade said in a telephone chat yesterday, adding that although his alert was late in coming, “it was not possible that every person would get it the same time.”

The first African to lift a FIFA trophy was thankful to President Mohammadu Buhari for keeping to his promise, the Minister of Sport, Solomon Dalung, the NFF President Amaju Pinnick and others who made the largesse possible.

“On behalf of the history-making class of 1985 Eaglets, I want to thank the President, the minister, the NFF President and all those who have worked tirelessly to ensure we got the money. It is an unforgettable gesture and we will all live to cherish this,” Ugbade said.

The recent Nigeria U17s that won the World Cup for a fifth time in Chile late last year were not left out, with some of the players getting credit transaction alerts just before 2000 hours on Tuesday night.

The Dream Team VI will get N500,000 for winning the Africa U23 Cup of Nations while the 2015 Golden Eaglets will receive the sum of N1.2 million.

PICTURES HERE>>>http://www.nairacoded.com/2016/02/1985-golden-eaglets-reward-i-don-get.html
Re: 1985 Golden Eaglets Reward: “I Don Get Alert’’ – Ugbade by nairacoded: 3:24am On Feb 25, 2016
1985 Golden Eaglets Reward: “I Don Get Alert’’ – Ugbade)
See Pictures and more details here>>>>>
http://www.nairacoded.com/2016/02/1985-golden-eaglets-reward-i-don-get.html
Re: 1985 Golden Eaglets Reward: “I Don Get Alert’’ – Ugbade by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 25, 2016
. . . . . GODWIN!

(1) (Reply)

See How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / El classico: Player Ratings / Fifa's Ethics Judge Just Resigned After Being Named In The Panama Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.