Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) (3168 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Detained By DSS / Rate Ifeanyi Uba's Mansion At Nnewi-Anambra State- Picture / Ifeanyi Uba Games Village Nnewi Ongoing Construction Work (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 8:14am On Feb 25, 2016
They want us to give credit to president Buhari when he performs well but common to give IFEANYI UBA credit for crashing the price of dollar, they can't...

I ask, what has the president done differently in the last 48hrs that has made the dollar drop over 39%?

Ifeanyi UBA made a comment on Sunday on channels TV. That he was going to crash the price of dollar in one month to N200 to a dollar and all of a sudden dollar price started crashing...

Plz someone should tell me what the president or CBN did in the last 48hrs they could not do in the last 3weeks.

Ifeanyi said yesterday on AIT that he has already started and clearly Nigerians are seeing the impact..

So what is hard for the APC supporters to accept dis.. Even president buhari has invited the young man but pride will not let APC supporters admit it....

They said you must not be in government to contribute to the development of the country and someone, a Nigeria has done that.. So let's give him credit for that and stop the politics so that other people outside government that has wonderful ideas that can help in moving the Nation forward will come up with such ideas...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by kekakuz(m): 8:19am On Feb 25, 2016
So what's has he done

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by idu1(m): 8:20am On Feb 25, 2016
What is this ome saying? undecided

4 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by KnowMore: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2016
Okay, so how much is dollar selling in your area? 1# is how to to 1$ in your area?
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Liberty90: 8:26am On Feb 25, 2016
kekakuz:
So what's has he done

I know you are yoruba...nothing an Igbo man does for you is commendable. I will help your hateful mind...Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah threatened to expose those behind the artificial spike, they immediately went underground or suspended their illicit activities.

Is it a coincidence that Naira all of a sudden started to make gains after Dr. Ubah's threat? Why didn't the gain happened all these while before his threat? Common sense...use it!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by bossOD: 8:32am On Feb 25, 2016
mr uba i salute u

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Siberia101: 8:34am On Feb 25, 2016
What has UBA done differently?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2016
All hail Dr Ifeanyi Ubah.
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2016
All hail Dr Ifeanyi Ubah. Man of Substance
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by gists: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Liberty90:

I know you are yoruba...nothing an Igbo man does for you is commendable. I will help your hateful mind...Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah threatened to expose those behind the artificial spike, they immediately went underground or suspended their illicit activities.

Is it a coincidence that Naira all of a sudden started to make gains after Dr. Ubah's threat? Why didn't the gain happened all these while before his threat? Common sense...use it!
In other words, it is Dr Ubah's body language that has crashed the dollar right? clap for yourself.
And you have also indirectly confirmed what some of us has been saying .... that the fall of the naira is artificial due to some illicit underground activities and not because the Nigerian economy is as bad as you people were trying to paint.

12 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2016
Siberia101:
What has UBA done differently?
Go and ask buhari.
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Siberia101: 8:52am On Feb 25, 2016
edoziebobbyyahoocom:
Go and ask buhari.
Sorry Bro he did nuffing

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by olamieseun(m): 9:04am On Feb 25, 2016
De guy did nothing. Who he help?

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2016
Bro, nigerians hate nigerians, and thats our biggest problem
Literally nobody gives a Bleep about any goodnews in country, but when the worse happen we see it everywhere even on fp

We are the once that attract evil to ourself.
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2016
gists:

In other words, it is Dr Ubah's body language that has crashed the dollar right? clap for yourself.

Lol, because the naira started gaining ground against the dollar doesnt mean the USD IS CRASHING
OMG.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by obailala(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2016
The body language of Ifeanyi Uba definitely forced some forex rats to release the forex they were hiding. Just the same way his statement about flooding Nigeria with fuel forced every fuel hoarding rat to release the products they were hiding in June 2015 thereby ending Nigeria's worst fuel scarcity ever. The strong statement of Buhari that he wasnt still going to devalue even if it got to N1000, that also helped to cripple the activities of the hoarders.

The lesson from these events is that, sometimes you can get something done without necessarily doing anything.

7 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by gists: 9:13am On Feb 25, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Lol, because the naira started gaining ground against the dollar doesnt mean the USD IS CRASHING
OMG.
Sorry. My bad. Of course the USD is still very strong. I meant to ask him/her if its Ubah's body language that bossted the naira. I was expecting him to say tangible steps/actions that Dr Ubah took. But all he had to say is he threatened to expose (not that he even exposed them sef ).

3 Likes

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Anticabal: 9:35am On Feb 25, 2016
obailala:
The body language of Ifeanyi Uba definitely forced some forex rats to release the forex they were hiding. Just the same way his statement about flooding Nigeria with fuel forced every fuel hoarding rat to release the products they were hiding in June 2015 thereby ending Nigeria's worst fuel scarcity ever. The strong statement of Buhari that he wasnt still going to devalue even if it got to N1000, that also helped to cripple the activities of the hoarders.

The lesson from these events is that, sometimes you can get something done without necessarily doing anything.

Is ifeanyi no longer a tanoid or an Ipobian?
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by obailala(m): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2016
Anticabal:

Is ifeanyi no longer a tanoid or an Ipobian?
Of course he is, but what has that got to do with what I said?
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Bevista: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2016
obailala:
True. Most Central Bank Governors use rhetorics a lot to drive market sentiments in line with what they want. But the trick is that the market must believe that you have the Will to act if needed.
---
I don't know if Ubah's audacious statement is responsible for the sudden appreciation of the Naira, but I do know that it can only affect the Speculative Demand component of the market. The economic fundamentals have not suddenly changed overnight, the 41 de-listed items by CBN still have to source for dollars from the parallel market. If what is driving the rate is a sudden injection of dollars into the market, the question is whether such supply is sustainable week after week to meet demand.
---
When speculative demand is discounted, the true exchange rate should be around N250 - N300. Ubah's N200/$ is impossible on a sustained basis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Anticabal: 9:42am On Feb 25, 2016
obailala:
Of course he is, but what has that got to do with what I said?

Everything.
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by dukecharles(m): 9:47am On Feb 25, 2016
Mr Ifeanyi Ubah has a magic wand
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by obailala(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2016
Bevista:
True. Most Central Bank Governors use rhetorics a lot to drive market sentiments in line with what they want. But the trick is that the market must believe that you have the Will to act if needed.
---
I don't know if Ubah's audacious statement is responsible for the sudden appreciation of the Naira, but I do know that it can only affect the Speculative Demand component of the market. The economic fundamentals have not suddenly changed overnight, the 41 de-listed items by CBN still have to source for dollars from the parallel market. If what is driving the rate is a sudden injection of dollars into the market, the question is whether such supply is sustainable week after week to meet demand.
---
When speculative demand is discounted, the true exchange rate should be around N250 - N300. Ubah's N200/$ is impossible on a sustained basis.
I strongly believe the threat by Ubah influenced this naira appreciation. With the audacity and confidence with which he spoke, and knowing who he is, I think the speculators were simply scared that he may 'spoil' their business.

As for the true price of the dollar, I think you are right, the true value when considering the low oil prices and less the activities of speculators should be in the range of N250-N300.
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by obailala(m): 9:49am On Feb 25, 2016
Anticabal:

Everything.
Ok
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by bettercreature(m): 9:56am On Feb 25, 2016
olamieseun:
De guy did nothing. Who he help?
Stop being clueless the guy is working underground,you go fear if you read Uba's Biography

1 Like

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by bettercreature(m): 9:58am On Feb 25, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
True exchange rate should be 203,it's not normal when you are making more than 3 naira profit on a dollar

1 Like

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Mboi: 10:15am On Feb 25, 2016
kekakuz:
So what's has he done
His body language
Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Amberon: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2016
nothing is impossible.
Bevista:

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Bevista: 10:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Amberon:
nothing is impossible.
Bro, the economic fundamentals and structural issues have not changed, so it is Impossible (on a sustained basis). Soon, all those who suspended imports and foreign purchases because of the weak Naira will resume their activities again, adding to the demand pressure and pushing back the value of the Naira.
---
In any case, information reaching me is that the Naira has gone back above N320/$ this morning. Do those that injected liquidity (dollars) into the market have enough to sustain the demand week after week?

1 Like

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by Bevista: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2016
bettercreature:
True exchange rate should be 203,it's not normal when you are making more than 3 naira profit on a dollar
The exchange rate in the parallel market cannot be close to the official rate after CBN de-listed those 41 items. Those items account for 100s of millions of dollars every month and they are going to scramble for the few dollars in the parallel market pushing the price lower.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Dr IFEANYI UBA'S Comment On Dollar. (photos) by opey112(m): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
Liberty90:

.sentiment apart,am a Yoruba but the man has done well by offering to name the peoples behind the artificial rise of the naira.... I listen to him on ray power this morning, he has nigeria people at heart

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman, 76, And Daughter, 35, Caught With Heroine At Uganda Airport / This Extract From Chibokgirls Interview By CNN Will Show U Buhari & APC Are Scam / Senate Bar Osibanjo From Contesting 2019 Election .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.