Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Global Warming: The Ozone Layer Saga - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Global Warming: The Ozone Layer Saga (526 Views)

The Effect Of Global Warming On Man. / Photos From I Go Dye's Mother's House Warming Party / See How Global Warming, Climate Change And GHE Affects Us All. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Global Warming: The Ozone Layer Saga by MhizEndy(f): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2016
The sun! Giver of all life! The Mayans worshipped the sun, then they... disappeared without a trace. Lol. Don't mind me Let’s be honest about some things for a second - real honest. My Friend, forced to come out of his room due to 'too much heat' jokingly said "Guy, person tell me say the ozone layer don break " It's laughable but with what is happening these days (Increasing global temperature) one can conclude that the Ozone layer (not only depleted) is no longer existing. Now let's face it. The Ozone (so they said) is a gas in the form of Oxygen and has a layer high above the earth's surface. This layer helps to protect the earth from harmful ultraviolet rays from the Sun-Mind you these rays are the number 1 causes of skin cancer. Now this layer is constantly facing Civil Wars from the activities of Man - So many gases generated from these activities attack and constantly reduce the thickness of this Ozone layer high above the earth. The Effect One major effect of Ozone Layer depletion is the Green house effect (Global Warming) The Green House: I attended a Federal University of Agriculture and was privileged to see this thing called Green House - it is a building with its sides and roof made of glass used for growing plants for the purpose of protecting same from elements of weather. IT ALLOWS LIGHT AND HEAT IN BUT DOESN'T ALLOW THE HEAT OUT The green house effect is brought about by the inability of plants and trees to absorb the vast quantities of carbon dioxide produced both by nature and man. The unabsorbed carbon dioxide then creates a kind of curtain like the 'glass roof and wall' around the earth which disallows the excess Sun (in the form of infrared rays/heat) to return back to space through radiation and the resultant is what we're experiencing today-global rise in Atmospheric temperature. Why I decided to write this : About two days ago I heard from the news again, that our president is on the move again - this time to Saudi Arabia, to discuss with the Saudi government about the falling oil prices... (this is for another day anyway) And I asked myself some questions; what kind of Assistance can the Saudi gvt render to Nigeria knowing that they also are Oil producers just like us and Not OPEC. Drastic times requires drastic measures For instance: OBJ seized the federal allocation due Lagos State for 4years and the result made Lagos State what it is today in terms of IGR. Did Baba Tinibu run to other countries to seek solution? No, he sat down and dared the tide. And today, no state of the federation can stand side by side with Lagos State in terms of economy. If PMB cares, let him visit the Cocoa farmers in Ikwuano, and the Grandnut farmers in Zangokataf (whatever), and the shoe Makers in Ariaria who had to Change their Label from 'made in Aba' to 'made in China' (because of competition and the fact that Naija can't stop importing), and the Rice farmers in Abakaliki and... the list is too long. And the effect of his visit will reduce the efflux of the Naira outside the shores of Naija and not this madness of 1USD=N400. But if the President still insists on this traveling madness, I'll advice he visit places like China and bring home most of their policies. Like the Chinese government mandated Civil Engineers, and Architects to incorporate tree planting into their designs in a bid to tackle the issue at hand -Global Warming. And the results today - tall houses with grasses, shrubs, and trees at the roof top. But the contrast is what is obtainable back here. Everyday burning of petrol and diesel because of the epileptic power supply which daily increase the Carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere hence the increasing temperature. As a Civil Engineer, I have incorporated some environmental friendly innovations into my designs, you too can do something by planting just a tree today Like say NEPA abi PHCN or Warefa give us light, my friend for no run comot from house, and I for no write this long epistle.

Re: Global Warming: The Ozone Layer Saga by lumydee44: 1:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Nice penmanship.

(1) (Reply)

MARCH 20 Folks ! Get In Here And Let's Cut The Cake / Senate Passes 2016 Budget / Gate Of Heaven Or Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.