Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,862 members, 7,851,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? (21855 Views)

How The Northerner Feels About Other Nigerians / Global Coalition Against Corruption: Diezani, Ibori, Dariye, 57 Other Nigerians. / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by weedcrusha: 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
Marcelini:

You need your head examined, it's obvious that figure is in millions and not billions, a simple summation of that IGR with the gives 4.56 million and not billion like you claim, which is the average monthly allocation of Anambra state. The mistake had no effect on the final reAult of 4.56million The joke is on you.

Please I urge everyone not to argue with this dude anymore. He's delusional......Internally Generated Revenue of Anambra is 4.56 million grin cheesy....That's lower than what a ward in Kebbi makes cheesy grin......You guys must really be improvished

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Marcelini(m): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
weedcrusha:

Please I urge everyone not to argue with this dude anymore. He's delusional......Internally Generated Revenue of Anambra is 4.56 million grin cheesy....That's lower than what a ward in Kebbi makes cheesy grin......You guys must really be improvished

A typo I was editing while you were quoting it. I had edited the mistakes on the Post.
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Ritchiee: 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
weedcrusha:

The best thing to do is leave him.He would just be going in circles.He should go and write a book on "HOW TO BE A COMPLETE MORO.N"I am sorry to say that his MUMUNESS has no limit.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
cheesy But enugu wasn't mentioned rather ekiti top the lead followed by state of osun
weedcrusha:

You sound bitter bro...............

DailyPost investigation has revealed that over eighty percent of public primary schools in Enugu North Senatorial zone lacks toilet facilities.
The teachers and the pupils in the affected schools said they had become used to defecating in the bush,in what they refer to as “bush method”.
The schools affected are those in Udenu, Igbo-Eze North, Igbo-Eze South, Igbo-Etiti, Nsukka and Uzo-Uwani local government areas.

http://dailypost.ng/2013/02/21/investigation-shows-80-of-primary-schools-in-enugu-north-have-no-toilet-facilities/
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by forgiveness: 10:42am On Feb 29, 2016
grin Na Ike of Umueze na em i dey look 4. grin e bi like d guy don run 4-4ty since he discovered he is a...... lipsrsealed grin chai! Dere is God ooooo! grin
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by oyatz(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2017
Please stop this childish emotional rantings. Efik, Ibibio, Annang, Anioma, Oron, Ogba, Ijaw, Ekpeye,Edos and other Nigerians also fought in the war and also bear the brunt of the war but I don't see or hear them crying every now and then that other Nigerians thought they were finished after the war neither do they inundate the cyber space, print and electronic media with stories of persecution on account of the war.
Please grow up and move on.

madenigga:

So many times igbos have prooved every one wrong, igbos lost d war and most people thought they were down wud never rise, but they rose so much that they became the subject of envy of there hosts e.g Yoruba.
Igbo's people say they dont go to school but the statistics say other wise.
The day Nigeria stops importation, u people wud think that it is finished, but don't be surprised if every 2 by 2 shop you see in the east becomes a factory.
Most of you think igbos are fools, that there land they leave it, that other Nigerians don't own properties there but igbos alone do.
Igbos naturally like assets, when they are done buying most of the properties in the choice areas in Nigeria and rented them out, after making most of u tenant's in your own land's, when u guys now come to igbo land, u guys wud still be there tenants.
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by durangokid: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
Ramnon2:
Are igbos economically savvy?
They hold 99% of the economy of their zone, while holding between 20-60% of the economy of other zones in Nigeria. This is a huge advantage, I believe.

Is this largely insular economy an advantage to the Igbos? For example, no ''foreign'' (by which I mean non Igbo Nigerians or real foreigners) entity can threaten to ''pull away'' their investments in Igboland, because ''foreigners'' invest little in Igboland to begin with. Virtually everything in Igboland is owned by Igbos.

My one advise for Igbos is for them to go slow on their one-man business mentality and form groups of business people among IGBOS only. Put their companies on the stock exchange for Igbos only. That way they can gain the advantage of economies of scale and still maintain their insularity.

One thing they are doing well, so far: they have business partners abroad, such as in China, USA, EU, Brazil, India etc. They must keep those partners by all means.

However, this ''Igbo only investment'' mentality in Igboland may pose a problem for Igbos when/if Nigeria separates. Igbos will lose nearly every investment they have elsewhere in Nigeria, and would not have equivalents of such businesses owned by non-Igbos in Igboland that they could confiscate in retaliation.

Also, politically, Igbos are still infants and need to learn how to play the game Nigerian style, which is ''eat them or they eat you first''.

You are trying to say South African or Indian and Lebanese companies in Nigeria will not grow because they are not own owned by Nigerians, trash, anywhere you businesses are are is secured, it is only in Nigeria that almagiri will be advised to loot igbo man business as a token of gain for their support against a protest and alaye or omonile to destroy a threatening business Kingdom
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by durangokid: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2017
Flyoruboy:

Guy, if Igboland is so great a place, why are igbo people fleeing her in droves for other regions? Maybe we'd all buy into their hype if they'd just sit their butts at home (for a change) or relocate back East en masse.
Who said Igbos are fleeing from igbo land? Have you ever been to igbo land before, see what you don't know about those people is they don't miss business opportunity they are Explorers too and also adventurers that is why you see them in parts the world engaging in any hot or competing in any lucrative business wherever they find themselves
Re: Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 25, 2017
EVEN IF AN IGBO LOOSE ALL TODAY GIVE HIM TWO YEARS HE WILL BE CLOSE TO WHAT HE USE TO HAVE BEFORE JUST FROM SCRATCH.....THATS ONE OF THE ADVANTAGES WE HAVE OVER OTHER TRIBES IN NIGERIA..... THERE ARE MANY THAT IF I BEGINE TO MENTION THEM YOU WILL REALISE NIGERIA IS NOTHING WITHOUT EASTERNER I MEAN WITHOUT EASTERNERS NO POLITICIAN WILL BE KILLING ONE ANOTHER FOR AN OFFICE...... THAT'S WHY THEIR LEADERS ARE SCARED OF NIGERIA BREAK UP BUT ITS INEVITABLE

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obasanjo Should Apologize To Jonathan — NPA / Fayose Installed As Apesin Of Ado-Ekiti At Ewi's Palace(photos) / House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.