Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Juggler! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Juggler! (503 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Juggler! by RemenZack(f): 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I was asleep and sprawled on my small bed, with fluffy and plush pillows and linen clean smelling sheets, emblazoned with little bears and roses. I also had stuffed bears all around me, just to make me feel safe and warm, after Dad called that he wouldn't be coming home after work.

Mom was out all day, shopping for something I had inexplicable idea of. She and Dad has been spending so much time apart and it was killing me inside slowly, dragging and fighting my joys away from me.

It began to rain shortly and I was tempted to shut the windows, even though I badly needed to carry on with my sleep. I tried to fight back the temptation but it was too strong for me. I jolted out of my nestling bed and shut the windows.

My eyes were wide awake now, forcing me to play some soothing and tender Jazz music. Mood music was my favourite, especially when it rained.

It was an hour later and I was still awake and listening to Jazzy mood music. That was when Mom walked into a room. She was soaking sodden and glacial cold. She smiled at me and I held her. I ran to get her some warm towels but she said she was fine. How could she be wet, cold and fine, all at the same time?

She grabbed my stuffed face and spoke into my face, rather than my ears.

"Do not come outside to watch me perish, okay?" She said. I was nonplussed by what she just said, making me shake my head.

"Listen to me, Nina. Do not come with me. Stay inside. Whatever you hear, just ignore and try to sleep. It will soon be over. I just want your Father to be happy," She said again and I pushed her away from me.

"What are you saying? Mother, are you alright? What do you mean?" I asked, tears strewn on my face, making it shine and glisten.

"Just obey your Mother and do not come out of the house," She admonished, now turning her back and locking the door after her. I had no idea she was going to do that.

I screamed, begged, bellowed and hollered for her to open the door but she obviously didn't hear me. I could hear footsteps down the stairs and my heart was thumping and churning.

"Mom! Mom! Please, come back! Mom!" I cried in trepidation. It was futile.

That was when I tried to open the Windows but it was stuck for good. I tried to make it work but it was obviously a futile mission.

I swore I heard gunshots downstairs, making me get under my blanket in fear. I cried, shook and writhed, as if in pains. My heart was failing me quickly and suddenly.

After that, I was tagged the unfortunate girl whose Mother ended her own life with a stolen Gun. I was also the Girl whose Father has been making a fool of his inseparable union from his Wife, with his Secretary. I was a juggler of my own fate, juggling all of these things.
Re: Juggler! by Babacele: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
RemenZack:
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

I was asleep and sprawled on my small bed, with fluffy and plush pillows and linen clean smelling sheets, emblazoned with little bears and roses. I also had stuffed bears all around me, just to make me feel safe and warm, after Dad called that he wouldn't be coming home after work.

Mom was out all day, shopping for something I had inexplicable idea of. She and Dad has been spending so much time apart and it was killing me inside slowly, dragging and fighting my joys away from me.

It began to rain shortly and I was tempted to shut the windows, even though I badly needed to carry on with my sleep. I tried to fight back the temptation but it was too strong for me. I jolted out of my nestling bed and shut the windows.

My eyes were wide awake now, forcing me to play some soothing and tender Jazz music. Mood music was my favourite, especially when it rained.

It was an hour later and I was still awake and listening to Jazzy mood music. That was when Mom walked into a room. She was soaking sodden and glacial cold. She smiled at me and I held her. I ran to get her some warm towels but she said she was fine. How could she be wet, cold and fine, all at the same time?

She grabbed my stuffed face and spoke into my face, rather than my ears.

"Do not come outside to watch me perish, okay?" She said. I was nonplussed by what she just said, making me shake my head.

"Listen to me, Nina. Do not come with me. Stay inside. Whatever you hear, just ignore and try to sleep. It will soon be over. I just want your Father to be happy," She said again and I pushed her away from me.

"What are you saying? Mother, are you alright? What do you mean?" I asked, tears strewn on my face, making it shine and glisten.

"Just obey your Mother and do not come out of the house," She admonished, now turning her back and locking the door after her. I had no idea she was going to do that.

I screamed, begged, bellowed and hollered for her to open the door but she obviously didn't hear me. I could hear footsteps down the stairs and my heart was thumping and churning.

"Mom! Mom! Please, come back! Mom!" I cried in trepidation. It was futile.

That was when I tried to open the Windows but it was stuck for good. I tried to make it work but it was obviously a futile mission.

I swore I heard gunshots downstairs, making me get under my blanket in fear. I cried, shook and writhed, as if in pains. My heart was failing me quickly and suddenly.

After that, I was tagged the unfortunate girl whose Mother ended her own life with a stolen Gun. I was also the Girl whose Father has been making a fool of his inseparable union from his Wife, with his Secretary. I was a juggler of my own fate, juggling all of these things.
oh, what a tragedy!

1 Like

Re: Juggler! by RemenZack(f): 9:23am On Feb 26, 2016
Always the first to comment. Thanks for reading and commenting, as always.

(1) (Reply)

Please, Buy My Newly Published Book By Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. / Lost / Top 6 (s)killful Effect You Need For That Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.