Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

How Is The Nigerian Economy Treating You? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / How Is The Nigerian Economy Treating You? (646 Views)

True Or False Checkout This Huge Difference Between The US And Nigerian Economy / Between Jiji Advert And The Nigerian Economy. / Nigerian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Is The Nigerian Economy Treating You? by kyceeQ(f): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hi darlings!

It’s Talk your mind today and there is a lot to talk about. In addition to the increased sun rays coming down with all wickedness, there is massive heat wave, that is making people like me want to run mad especially at night when power is no show. As in, the sun get liver.

If you’ve tried bathing directly from your shower without reducing the temperature, you’ll understand my cry. As in…the hot water wey dey comot no be here o. My only disappointment however is, during the harmattan, I went to buy ring boiler so that I can be boiling water at the time to bathe…not knowing that there would be natural undiluted heat water in the future. That is how I went to waste N700 for norrin.

But besides the sun and heat, there is of course the Nigerian Economy- the Baba of all the heats. I went to the market on Sunday after Church, and it was scanty. It was as if shop owners were on mid-term break only that in this case, they were not sure when they would resume. And you know what happens when such things happen na, Monopoly!. It is in such situations Lugbe traders like to show their talents. Fish N400, shikele(small) something o…meat nko? N300 for six pieces, you would even be looking for the meat sef because the whole thing would have been covered by cow fat.

When the dude was chopping the thing, housefly almost entered my mouth, because I had stood watching in awe. But then, he reminded me of how naira had fallen and in my mind I was like, ehen? so we don dey import cow meat now? It is wa o!.

Even the whole situation is affecting relationships sef. Lovers can not go out again because the matter don enter fuel. My Bobo said na till dollar come down, me go see am!.

Issokay.

But then, how is the situation at your end o jawe? How much is a module of rice in your area, so that I will know if I have to come to your side to buy. How much is garri(thank God for Lassa fever, person no go need to spend money on this one…hehehe), what about Semovita? Did the fall in naira affect Ogbono and Eguisi too? because the babe that cooks us lunch in the office has refused to cook soup o…we only eat rice and beans now. What about bag of pure-water? We can not find the people selling us dispenser- water again o. So biko how much is a bag of water in your area, let us compare and contrast since rise in dollar is now affecting that too. I didn’t even know we were importing water too. Kindly share.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Face Many Of Us Have On Now / APC Job Opportunity (females Only) / Niaja Is The Only Country Where Slap Can Bring You To Limelight "Peter Ethan "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.