Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections (32975 Views)

INEC Fixes Saturday For Outstanding Rivers Election / INEC Fixes December 10 For Rivers Re-run, December 3 For Lagos & FCT / INEC Fixes Dates For Kogi, Bayelsa Gov Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by dannie007(m): 6:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Why PDP? Remember all what Edo people need is a tru Leader not just a party name!!!! PDP was there for years they did nothing!!!! Now APC I can testify to some amount of development compared to the previous government. So Please people let our Conscience guide us!!!!!!

dukie25:

Time to send Adamu Aliyu Oshiomhole back to Iyamoh.
Edo must be PDP this year insha Allah.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by frankyychiji(f): 7:02am On Feb 26, 2016
Terry68:
time for pdp to take over if only they can restructure themselves better. on a second thought, I also think; its at this height both PDP and APC uses the exit door. we are looking forward for a new political party.

am just fed up with the everyday propaganda, unravel looting, and lots of unprinted words committed by these parties.

where's that KOWA party sef?
KOWA never was and never will be!!
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by frankyychiji(f): 7:09am On Feb 26, 2016
nickxtra:
Which PDP? The one that is going into extinction soon, with Sheriff as the leader? U dey joke
cheesy you wish
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by frankyychiji(f): 7:12am On Feb 26, 2016
JingoOAU:

To even imagine that it was PDP that labelled Sherriff as Boko Haram sponsor, now he's their cornerstone and backbone
Yea..just as El rufai labelled Durllarpor a terrorist when he (el rufai) was in PDP.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by frankyychiji(f): 7:19am On Feb 26, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Who is this OSU? If its a curse, i return it back to you. NA YOUR STATE PDP GO TAKE AND NOT MY EDO STATE!
Stop acting like a madman with your poor and silly grammar and writing!! You are making your readers stress so much to read and comprehend your rubbish. Please write in your native language abeg.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by comos: 8:08am On Feb 26, 2016
EDO FOR PDP PDP FOR EDO
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by comos: 8:12am On Feb 26, 2016
eseosa77:

You are a political novice.How can you just conclude like that.Let me take you back to the last house of assembly election held last year.the same Edo central you are talking about was dominated by APC .Come to Edo south PDP has no single seat in the house of Assembly not to talk of Edo,North.Oshiomhole has made his mark in Edo state whether you like it or not.The people of Edo state have light in his reign in office compare to what was obtain during Lucky ingbinedion.For it's easier for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for PDP to win Edo state.Stop day dreaming my broda.

PDP cleared all the senatorial and House of Rep.seat in Edo South and central.

When GEJ lost, many people shun the state house of Assembly election.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by schneider87(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2016
The Edo state election will be the most keenly contested of all... if PDP practices internal democracy in choosing their candidate, they will surely beat APC hands down
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Kandaha: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

You just alighted how pdp would fail.

Do you knw that ever since oshiomole became gov in 2008, pdp has won just a councillorship position in all elections conducted in the whole of Edo north?

Do u knw dat since 2008 till now, apc has won more elected position in Edo South?

Do u knw dat since 2008 til now, pdp re just a little margin abv apc in an elected position in Edo central?

So bro, let me tell u hw the election outcome would be.

Edo South - Apc 4 LGs, Pdp 3 LGs;
Edo Central - Pdp 3 LGs, Apc 2 LGs,
Edo North - Apc 6 LGs, Pdp 0 LG.

Total- APC 12 LGs, pdp 6 LGs.

You wanna bet?

Calm down na. Lol. No be fight. I agree with you only to the extent that Edo North is a strong hold of APC and that's why you can say PDPB won just a Councillorship Position. APC has won more elected seats since 2008, fine.

One would think that the Oshiomole we know would have had more control over the state in the 2015 elections and would have buried PDP in the state by at least winning Edo South for Senatorial and possibly Edo Central ( who knows ) and won more Federal House of Reps seats however there was a slight shift .

In the 7th National Assembly ( 2011 - 2015) Members House of Reps, Edo had :

Jim Aiku Adun ACN
Pally Isumafe Obokhuaime Iriase ACN
Peter Ohiozoje Akpatason ACN
Nosakhare Issac Osahon ACN
Abubakar Eshiokpek Momoh ACN
Razaq Bello-Osagie ACN
Patrick A. Ikhariale PDP
Friday Itulah PDP
Samson Rapheal Osagie ACN

Source: services.gov.ng/house-of-representatives

However in the 8th National Assembly ( 2015 - 2019) Members House of Reps, Edo has:

HON. IRIASE ISUMAFE O. PALLY M APC
E.J. AGBONAYINMAN M PDP
HON. JOSEPH E. EDIONWELE M PDP
BARR. OMOSEDE IGBINEDION M PDP
BARR. OGUN SARGIUS OSEASOCHIE M PDP
COMRADE PHILIP SHAIBU M APC
PETER OHIOZOJEH AKPATASON M APC

Source: www.newsheadlines.com.ng/politics/2015/04/29/list-of-newly-elected-nigerian-house-of-representative-members-rivers-delta-edo-bayelsa-cross-rivers-akwa-ibom/.

Do not forget that PDP won Edo South( Matthew Uroghide ) and Edo Central ( Clifford Odia )for Senate.

Oshiomole "MAY have been impeached by now" if PDP had clinched majority of the seats in the States House of Assembly in 2015. Oshiomole put a call across to Mr Chairman and Mr T who is the Lion of a place in Ikoyi and they called Captain Hosa Okunbor (Kapi) of Edo South who was warned by Mr B and Mr T to use his resources to ensure APC wins State House Seats .

Source: firsthandinfo.com

If you are from Edo state and reside in Edo state , Good! There was Cash Movement in Edo State on April 10, 2015. All the Eco Banks in Edo State were closed early that day. APC won seats through Captain Hosa Okunbor.

Captain Hosa has a Businessman knew if he didn't oblige Mr Chairman of the Party and Mr T he would have been hunted by certain Agencies of Government.

" After the defeat of Jonathan, his backing of the APC in Edo for the House of Assembly election paid off for the party. In a statement by a Bini group while reacting to Okunbor’s decision to support the APC in the state assembly polls, it said, “We appreciate the great sacrifice and invaluable contributions that Captain Hosa Okunbo has made in his determination to liberate the Binis in Edo South from the shackles of predetermined underdevelopment, occasioned by years of systematic and systemic political marginalization, which has denied the Bini ethnic nation prominent positions ..."

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathans-defeat-okunbors-rejig-jolt-edo-pdp/

In Conclusion:

The moment GEJ conceded .... a lot of "behind the scenes runs" happened in Edo State.

PDP and APC Stalwarts are not saints.

NB: I support neither APC or PDP because majority of APC members in Edo State were once in PDP that is tagged a Corrupt Party.

Profile of Edo State Ex PDP Chieftains in Adam Oshiomole's Administration :

www.nairaland.com/1286875/profile-edo-state-ex-pdp
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by EdCure: 11:18am On Feb 26, 2016
comos:
PDP cleared all the senatorial and House of Rep.seat in Edo South and central. When GEJ lost, many people shun the state house of [...]
Arrogant amplification of willful ignorance is grossly endemic among you PDP kids.
I'm not surprised - cos that's what happens when you support a party and politicians with no proven integrity and track records.

Who is Hon. Patrick Osayimwen?
Which constituency is he representing?
What party does he belong?

1 Like

Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by KINGinVAHALA: 11:19am On Feb 26, 2016
@Kandaha, welldone bro. i salute your knowledge of inhouse Edo politics. Its people like you i really would wanna hv a continous convo relating to Edo and it inhouse politics and nt what medias e.g nairaland.com want the ignorants to believe. I'm very busy right nw, when i am through with wat am doing, i will reply u with what u said on edo state and it 2011-2015 election and what caused the defeat of apc in 2015. Though, u re correct about capt hosa okunbor, bt u re nt 100% correct bcus its nt wat really happened that you stated concerning capt hosa okunbor.

*On a lighter note* hope you knw our nxt gov is Mr Godwin Obaseki?
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by comos: 12:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
EdCure:

Arrogant amplification of willful ignorance is grossly endemic among you PDP kids.
I'm not surprised - cos that's what happens when you support a party and politicians with no proven integrity and track records.

Who is Hon. Patrick Osayimwen?
Which constituency is he representing?
What party does he belong?

na arrogant go kill you

why you no mention the constituency Osayimwen represent,

may be it is your father's compound
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by Kandaha: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
@Kandaha, welldone bro. i salute your knowledge of inhouse Edo politics. Its people like you i really would wanna hv a continous convo relating to Edo and it inhouse politics and nt what medias e.g nairaland.com want the ignorants to believe. I'm very busy right nw, when i am through with wat am doing, i will reply u with what u said on edo state and it 2011-2015 election and what caused the defeat of apc in 2015. Though, u re correct about capt hosa okunbor, bt u re nt 100% correct bcus its nt wat really happened that you stated concerning capt hosa okunbor.

Thanks for the Compliments.. I'd like to be tutored by you concerning Captain Hosa Okunbor and what happened...

*On a lighter note Godwin Obaseki? Well I don't know if he will be as good as me.... I can give him a chance for now but I'd be the Executive Governor of Edo State and i wont be a member of PDP or APC... A new party shall emerge soon and yeah Don't thank me but you are the first person I am gonna appoint in my Cabinet.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by engineerboat(m): 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
marv1:
I can categorically tell anyone that pdp will loose in edo and ondo state.
daydream,
not with this federal apc led federal, that are ill prepared for governance.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by marv1: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ok lets wait and see. Ill prepared in what way?.
engineerboat:

daydream,
not with this federal apc led federal, that are ill prepared for governance.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by engineerboat(m): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2016
marv1:
Ok lets wait and see. Ill prepared in what way?.

let me take u down memory lane.

In 2012 during election campaing, BAT was all around using osun state policy as campain promise to ondo state people, a lot of aregbesola boys will always come to ondo state for campagn then in different branded molue buses, but today can they still use the same strategy NO,
u also need to see how ondo state people are regreting voting for APC during the last election, their only consolation is that their was turn around in the state ASSENBLY election which PDP won 21 out of 26, the plan then was for APC to get more members and inpeech the pdp governor, the plan failed. Now APC cannot use the centre to campaign as at now, maybe in FUTURE IMPOSSINLE TENSE TIME.
1. is it the padded budget,
2. Propaganda cannot work again, people are now wise,
3. Increase in dollar and nothing is done about it,
4. All campaign promises that they turn around dat those are campaign promises,
5. Can osun send any vehicle for campaign again,
6. Then ekiti was still govern by apc and all ekiti resources was channel to ondo apc election in 2012, here is 2016 fayose pdp is now in ekiti, you know what means,
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by olaneyo18: 10:03am On Feb 27, 2016
The next Governor of Ondo state must come from the coastal region of the state i.e Ilaje local government.

Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by marv1: 10:55am On Feb 27, 2016
I just laugh at your ignorance. Which memory lane? If apc wants to win at all cost, this is even a good opportunity for them. Have u forgoten ekiti gate so soon? Am not even going towards that direction for now. I am not in apc or pdp but am from ekiti state. If u know what havoc mimiko did in ondo state u wont talking like this. Foyose's days are numbered in my state, ekiti state. He had a meeting with state labour in 2015 december over 2mnths unpaid salaries and entitlements and one of them asked him how much was the state IGR, instead of replying fayose asked the guy to sit and that was the end. U can remember what happened few wks ago in that state. Mimiko is a backstaber, Fayose is a scammer he only pretends to be good showing pictures of eating bolli and groundnut, amala and egusi soup, with people on the road as if he cares for the people. Like i said before now just wait, relax and see events of things in ondo, ekiti and edo elections. Pdp is a gonner in those states. Moreover, budget padding has been on over the yrs. If pdp had won, u wont be able to know that something like that happens. Also on the issue of Dollars, it started to increase from the previous govt and it is the forces of demand and supply that controls forex. Its not something mechanical that somebody can control. By this time last year some people that i know could not import because of forex. All over the world there is recession, nigeria can not be in isolation. If nigeria did not become super abundance during 16 yrs of one party why should i now begin to crucify a new gov barely a year. What do we supply or produce in nigeria. NOTHING but NOTHING.
engineerboat:

let me take u down memory lane.

In 2012 during election campaing, BAT was all around using osun state policy as campain promise to ondo state people, a lot of aregbesola boys will always come to ondo state for campagn then in different branded molue buses, but today can they still use the same strategy NO,
u also need to see how ondo state people are regreting voting for APC during the last election, their only consolation is that their was turn around in the state ASSENBLY election which PDP won 21 out of 26, the plan then was for APC to get more members and inpeech the pdp governor, the plan failed. Now APC cannot use the centre to campaign as at now, maybe in FUTURE IMPOSSINLE TENSE TIME.
1. is it the padded budget,
2. Propaganda cannot work again, people are now wise,
3. Increase in dollar and nothing is done about it,
4. All campaign promises that they turn around dat those are campaign promises,
5. Can osun send any vehicle for campaign again,
6. Then ekiti was still govern by apc and all ekiti resources was channel to ondo apc election in 2012, here is 2016 fayose pdp is now in ekiti, you know what means,
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by osemwengie1: 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
eseosa77:

You are a political novice.How can you just conclude like that.Let me take you back to the last house of assembly election held last year.the same Edo central you are talking about was dominated by APC .Come to Edo south PDP has no single seat in the house of Assembly not to talk of Edo,North.Oshiomhole has made his mark in Edo state whether you like it or not.The people of Edo state have light in his reign in office compare to what was obtain during Lucky ingbinedion.For it's easier for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for PDP to win Edo state.Stop day dreaming my broda.
, Oshiomole lost his home to Pdp in the house of assembly election
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by osemwengie1: 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

, for your dream.
Re: INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections by FOLLEY20(m): 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
OK. Let the WILL OF GOD be done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki Assembles Sans To Battle Police Over Invitation / Sanwo-olu Visit The Family Of Slain LASTMA Officer / 2023: Which Of These APC Presidential Aspirants Can Defeat PDP’s Atiku Abubakar?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.