Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga (9225 Views)

Reps Summon Adeosun Over N17 Billion ‘office Equipment’ Contract Scam / Senate Summons Adeosun, Emefiele Over State Of Economy / Reps Summon Emefiele Over Dollar Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by boman2014: 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2016
– Some MDAs risk zero allocation
– Certain grey areas identified in 2015 budget to be probed

The discrepancies identified in the 2016 budget proposal may appear to be unsettled ahead of next week’s plan by both chambers of the National Assembly to harmonise its budget.

The House of Representatives on Thursday, February 25 summoned the minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun, CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele, the Accountant General of the Federation Ahmed Idris and Minister of Budget and National Planning.

This is even as many ministries, departments and agencies of government risk zero allocation in 2016 if they or their oversighting committees miss deadline set by the House of Representatives for final harmonization Udo Ndoma.

Speaking on Thursday, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara issued a stern warning to committees yet to submit their budget report to do so within 24 hours or risk zero allocation to all the MDAs they represent. Of all the 97 committees, only 15 had submitted their budget report to the Committee on Appproriation.

In a communication from the Appropriations Committee read at the opening of the Thursday plenary session, the speaker directed chairmen of all the standing Committees to submit and defend their MDAs budget within 24 hours or risk zero budget for 2016.

Considering the enormous work before the committee on appropriation, its chairman Abdulmumin Jibrin informed all the members that the last session of the budget defence for Friday, 25th February scheduled to commence at 10amnwould start by 8pm.

While giving update on the presentation of the 2016 budget so far, Abdulmumin Jibrin, chairman house committee on appropriations confirmed that the budget proposals of the MDAs being presented by all the standing Committee have been harmonised with their Senate counterparts.

“Since by tomorrow we will finish taking the reports, we have agreed that we will invite the Minister of Budge and Planning, Minister of Finance, the Accountant General of the Federation, the Director of Budget Office and Central Bank Governor and engage them extensively on the entire budget.
“We also have pending issues on the 2015 budget, so they have to come with 2015 budget performance and then we will go into special session,” Jibrin
stated.

He also directed the Clerk of the Committee to liaise with the office of the Clerk of the House to access the members’ database for easy dispatch of message to all the 360 members and various Committees on the 25th February deadline for final submission and consideration of the MDAs’ budget.

Meanwhile, the speaker of House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara has assured Nigerians that the implementable 2016 budget will begin by March ending.

Dogara who gave the assurance on Thursday, February 25, when he received the Nigerian association of chambers of commerce, industry, mines and agriculture in his office in Abuja, however admitted that the budget has some imperfections.

https://www.naij.com/744160-budget-saga-reps-summon-adeosun-emefiele.html

1 Share

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by kennyman2000(m): 7:41am On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by davidflipcy5856(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2016
I dont know why the ministers will say something different from what the president have said. who is lying? who are they deceiving? . I guess there is a cover up going on.

Anyway, today is my birthday . HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Pls guys shower me with likes

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Lazyreporta(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2016
Mynd44, nawa o
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 26, 2016
See dem face
..... . Polithifians

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Sunnycliff(m): 7:43am On Feb 26, 2016
This is the result of Six months frolicking of the government in search of SAINTS! And yet all they could produce is a Scam Budget!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by hobermener: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2016
T
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by thecrush: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2016
Wetin Kemi wan talk? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Ebimablog: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2016
Summon the Fulani P instead

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by pastormellanby: 7:44am On Feb 26, 2016
who is in charge of budget and national planning, is it the finance minister.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by DankemzI(m): 7:45am On Feb 26, 2016

“We also have pending issues on the 2015 budget, so they have to come with 2015 budget performance and then we will go into special session,” Jibrin
stated.

Make dem kokoma tell us say dem wan copy, edith and paste undecided
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by thecrush: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
pastormellanby:
Them think sey na Ngozi dem call...
Ngozi was ever ready for them

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Tunami(m): 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
why cant they also summon buhari or are they scared of him?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by thecrush: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
pastormellanby:
Them think sey na Ngozi dem call
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by toboreSPECs: 7:47am On Feb 26, 2016
Oya come and explain your roles in that disgrace of a budget

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by EagleScribes: 7:49am On Feb 26, 2016
Better still,
Corruption summons corruption!

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Lazyreporta(m): 7:51am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by jerryjere(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2016
Donariok:
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low
tariff
Without Corruption I have 7hrs electricity
with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes
N100
WithCorruption smallest indomie was N40
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N60
The list can go on and on but I just have to end
it
and take a stand......
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbackourcorruption
# WakawakaBuhari
# BuharibringbackNigeria
# Bringbacknaira
If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without
Corruption Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that
we need corruption in this country...
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced
to
3. Then now it's 2.
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see
"Try
Again Later"
my broda u are rite bubu shuld bring back our corruption

11 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Omonigeriarere: 7:54am On Feb 26, 2016
Misplaced priority!
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by sunrealboy01(m): 8:05am On Feb 26, 2016
daveyjay:
Is it not this minister of budget and national planning that moved domestic spending in Aso-Villa from #580m to #1.7bn??!
Kemi Adeosun postulated the arithmetic blunder 16+6= 24...hahaha failed people

BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!

With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low tariff
Without Corruption I have 7hrs electricity
with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100
With Corruption smallest indomie was N30
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N60
With Corruption a sachet of pure water was N5
Without Corruption a sachet is N20
With Corruption egg was sold for N30
Without Corruption egg is sold for N40
The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a stand......
# IStandWithCorruption
#Bringbackourcorruption.
#BuharibringbackNigeria.
#Bringbacknaira.

If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then now it's 2.
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see "Try Again"
Good morning
don't get it twisted bro, dollar hasn't changed from what it was in banks and legitimate financial institutions, it only varies in the parallel market due to the stubbornness of some selfish people who continue with importations of banned and controlled items, things that can be sourced locally. You need to read up on it to be truly informed.#Realconsult... For a better Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by hardychris(m): 8:11am On Feb 26, 2016
This corruption sef,

I just noticed that without corruption business can't thrive in Nigeria, foreign investors can't invest if there is no corruption.

PMB abeg allow corruption for just a month let's see if things will get better

#plus Nigeria minus corruption = failure God will help us.
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by DaGC(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2016
sunrealboy01:
don't get it twisted bro, dollar hasn't changed from what it was in banks and legitimate financial institutions, it only varies in the parallel market due to the stubbornness of some selfish people who continue with importations of banned and controlled items, things that can be sourced locally. You need to read up on it to be truly informed.#Realconsult... For a better Nigeria.

Oga, banks are not selling dollars for #197 abi na #199 sef. Don't get it twisted.

Try use your credit card for an international transaction, check your balance and press calculator.

5 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by babyfaceafrica: 8:21am On Feb 26, 2016
Nigeria will rise again
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by mbeheddy: 8:33am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by Angelovic96: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2016
DaGC:

Oga, banks are not selling dollars for #197 abi na #199 sef. Don't get it twisted.

Try use your credit card for an international transaction, check your balance and press calculator.

the guy u quoted didnt understand pls give him more explanation or let him go shoping online may then he will understand better

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by bluaero(m): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2016
How come they didn't summon the presidiot? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga by jpipe2000(m): 9:10am On Feb 26, 2016
una just wake up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insurgency War Won, Buratai Declares / Malaria Eradication: Ned Nwoko Meets DSP Omo-Agege, Others For Malaria Agency / Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.