Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach (1074 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Fortuna Sittard's Chief Coach / Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by ExAngel007(f): 6:24am On Feb 26, 2016
Reports filtering in have it that Sunday Oliseh has resigned as
the coach of the Super Eagles.

The controversial coach who had blasted his critics took to his
official Twitter handle to announce his resignation, stating that
unpaid salaries, lack of cooperation, among other factors, were
responsible for his action.

Check out his tweets below:

I feel fortunate, blessed and eternally grateful for having
had the honour to Play,Captain & Coach this great Nation
of ours,Nigeria.

— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) February 26, 2016
Due to Contract violations ,lack of Support,Unpaid
wages,Benefits to my players,Asst.Coaches & myself, I
resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach

— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) February 26, 2016
In July 15, Sunday Oliseh, was unveiled in Abuja by the Nigeria
Football Federation (NFF) as the new head Coach of the Super
Eagles.

His appointment comes after he penned down a 5 year
contract.
According to Amaju Pinnick, the president of the NFF, Oliseh
was selected because of his high intellectual capacity in
coaching and recommendations by FIFA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SundayOOliseh/status/703028890608992256?p=v

https://mobile.twitter.com/SundayOOliseh?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 26, 2016
The news seem genuine!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by pendusky(m): 6:32am On Feb 26, 2016
At last he resigned.
Hope Enyeama comes back!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by hassan85(m): 6:32am On Feb 26, 2016
Good development. No one is bigger than the nation. He can go rest now and talk no more
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Felip: 6:36am On Feb 26, 2016
He talks anyhow. Hope he learn that when looking for job abroad.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Hotsparkles(m): 6:38am On Feb 26, 2016
I don't believe this
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by mrofficial(m): 6:41am On Feb 26, 2016
He's a psycho.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by mannobi(m): 6:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Oliseh is just a failure and coward. Case closed
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Anticabal: 6:47am On Feb 26, 2016
I knew he was was going to be a failure, he denied his people to look good to fulani/hausas. Good riddance!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by DONSMITH123(m): 6:48am On Feb 26, 2016
better...he's nothing but a failure.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by babyfaceafrica: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2016
Lienus
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by jazzboi: 6:48am On Feb 26, 2016
Keshi must be rolling on the floor seeing this. Youtube coach.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by phemmyutd(m): 6:49am On Feb 26, 2016
Industrial Training (IT) Coach.

it can only happen in Nigeria. A man without any coaching experience coaching a National Team, He is not even qualified to coach Kwara United

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by amaben2020(m): 6:51am On Feb 26, 2016
shey make I go Mecca go pray for am
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Raphael81(m): 6:53am On Feb 26, 2016
Eyah perhaps he was overawed by the change he saw in the footuball team... make dem give him pension joor e no easy to coach naija
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by malaki1914: 6:53am On Feb 26, 2016
We saw this coming. You pushed our number one goal keep, Vincent Enyeama out of the squad. You injected nepotism into football. And in just seven months, you became tired of serving your father land. I wish you well Mr. Sunday Oliseh. I hope others learn from your misdeeds...

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Jabioro: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2016
If is true,he can start his coaching training with Ejigbo FC.no qualms !
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by ionsman: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Good he resigned honorably. This country is just so messed up. He resigns with his pride intact whilst keshi was disgraced out of the job.

Keshi lost so much weight because of all the troubles. We have a long way to go.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Siberia101: 6:57am On Feb 26, 2016
Mourinho should be appointed
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by dotmanxp(m): 6:58am On Feb 26, 2016
nice one jare, the guy was the gej of our national team. very clueless
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by thorpido(m): 7:00am On Feb 26, 2016
I knew he wasn't going to last.He didn't have the temperament to handle the national team and those guys at the glass house obviously will frustrate him.
Don't know why he was appointed in the first place,he wasn't qualified for that job.Not enough experience.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by FreemanDave(m): 7:01am On Feb 26, 2016
This better be true...
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by FreemanDave(m): 7:02am On Feb 26, 2016
thorpido:
I knew he wasn't going to last.

He wasnt suppose to be there... wink
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by thorpido(m): 7:05am On Feb 26, 2016
FreemanDave:

He wasnt suppose to be there... wink
He wasn't.He didn't merit it.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by FreemanDave(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2016
thorpido:
He wasn't.He didn't merit it.

Exactly. I just hope we get it right this time.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 7:06am On Feb 26, 2016
pendusky:
At last he resigned.
Hope Enyeama comes back!

is that how it is done?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by Nicur: 7:06am On Feb 26, 2016
Good news!!! just hope it's true!! grin NFF should go and get that coach that took Costa Rica to the last world!!! the guy na material!!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by W3xy1(m): 7:10am On Feb 26, 2016
Please, before you leave, go and call Vincent enyeama and Emenike back, after destroying the team,you want to resign
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by nanauju(f): 7:14am On Feb 26, 2016
He resigned on Twitter.. Hehe
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by nelcliff(m): 7:23am On Feb 26, 2016
He should had gone before now becos we lost valuable team members becos of his jejelistic behavior.
Farewell Oliseh.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach by dominique(f): 7:23am On Feb 26, 2016

(1)

Weekend Millionaire Tips / Cause Of Steven Keshi's Death / Former Super Eagles Footballer Pius Ikedia Collapses During Friendly Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.