Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest (1372 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Under House Arrest, I Can't Confirm If He's Dead Or Alive - Lawyer / 5 Directors Sacked, Staff Redeployed At PTAD / Fraud In NBC: EFCC Recovers N10b, Set To Prosecute Ex-dg Mba, Three Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by lamzybaby: 7:15am On Feb 26, 2016
May be quizzed by EFCC
Reps summon CBN Gov, AGF

President Muhammadu Buhari’s resolve to deal with all those involved in padding the 2016 budget estimates has started claiming its first set of victims, as the sacked former Director General of the Budget Office, Alhaji Yahaya Gusau and two other Directors in the office have been placed under house arrest. Also, three other Directors in the Federal Ministry of Budget and Planning have been placed under house arrest by the Department of Security Service, DSS and operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC over their alleged role in the controversial padding of the 2016 appropriation document. This is coming just as the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations yesterday invited the Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun and her counterpart in the Budget and Planning, Udoma Udo Ndoma, in respect to the padding of the 2016 Appropriation Bill. Others invited by the committee are: the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Godwin Emefiele, Accountant-General of the Federation, AGF and the Director-General of Budget Office of the Federation.‬ Chairman of the committee, Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin who gave the directive explained that grey areas relating to alleged infractions and padding observed by various standing committees during the interface with the ministers and heads of departments and agencies would be addressed. ‪Similarly, Speaker of the House, Hon. Yakubu Dogara directed chairmen of all the standing committees to submit and defend their MDAs’ budget within 24 hours or risk zero budget for 2016.‬

Source at: http://nigerianpilot.com/budget-padding-ex-dg-5-directors-under-house-arrest/#sthash.1cd252aw.dpuf
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by FreemanDave(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
shocked
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by SeverusSnape(m): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2016
You see... Buhari the dullard will always look for scape goats.

After failing to properly go through the budget, He's now heaping the blames on some people, Just like he keeps blaming 'the last administration' for his incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by CecyAdrian(f): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Great. Now, that's more like it. Even if they do not go to jail at the end (because I know they would have called up a team of shameless SAN's to come defend their evil malicious a$$ in court) they should be disgraced publicly and their image tarnished.

Rogues

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Siberia101: 7:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Use an Anti-Aircraft gun on them....
We should enact the China Draconian law on corruption here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 26, 2016
My President , Please when will they start going to jail?
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:
. . . . Pathetic youth of a nation.

8 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Burger01(m): 7:21am On Feb 26, 2016
In this dispensation we shall not tolerate curruption as practised under Jonathan. Zero tolerance to curruption...and on this I shall always stand with Buhari. Enough of this irritating attitudes of our youths that refused to see the good work of our president. I keep wondering if these degenerates are from the space....they must be some afflicted aliens undecided

Carry go my president... #iStandWithBuhari smiley

5 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Burger01(m): 7:23am On Feb 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

After failing to properly go through the budget, He's now heaping the blames on some people, Just like he keeps blaming 'the last administration' for his incompetence.
You don't make an iota of sense. I'm sorry mate...ya jes don't make sense undecided

5 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by kniru: 7:28am On Feb 26, 2016
before i make any hateful comments, i would want to see how this story unfolds. Atleast i would commend buhari for stopping the PADDED budget to the passed by quickly withdrawing it, But would want to hear what the DG's or ex-DG's have to say about this.

This is a very big shame.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by double0seven(m): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Rubbish talk

you think the break down or the detailed budget is short novel or textbook that the President can easily go through. It's probably over a thousand pages.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by cold(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2016
Someone or in this case,some persons would have to take the fall for Buhari's gross incompetence. In his haste to jet out to his next stop on his endless gallivanting tour of the globe,he couldn't even get his finance minister or her equivalent in the budget office to atleast brief him on the sticking points in the budget. He just proceeded to sign off on the damn thing and get on with his trip. An egregious error of judgement on his part.
That is giving him the benefit of the doubt anyways. It could also be he was well aware the contents therein and his idea of a zero based budgeting all along was to add as many zeros as possible to every figure in order to satisfy his cronies. But had to backtrack when eagle eyed Nigerians caught out his shenanigans. Very plausible. Either way,Buhari has shown himself to be more of ;for lack of a better word..an idìot(note the simile)

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by lawydewy(m): 7:59am On Feb 26, 2016
A welcome idea!
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Luckylife(m): 8:03am On Feb 26, 2016
Burger01:
In this dispensation we shall not tolerate curruption as practised under Jonathan. Zero tolerance to curruption...and on this I shall always stand with Buhari. Enough of this irritating attitudes of our youths that refused to see the good work of our president. I keep wondering if these degenerates are from the space....they must be some afflicted aliens undecided

Carry go my president... #iStandWithBuhari smiley
some time zombies mentality make me spit , who summit the budget in the beginning? A wise and civilised man stand with the system not in a man because buhari is but a man that can't stay forever but standing with system last forever, That why they create constitutions . Thank me for bring you to the modern world.
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by rolchi(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2016
If this news is true, then PMB is vindictive and too overbearing. The govt said they were going to do Zero Budgeting. Were these men trained for ZBB? Were they provided the right tools to do the work? Were they given the necessary support? Where they given enough time to produce a ZBB budget?

ZBB is a very laborious process and time consuming as well. ZBB was introduced by President Jimmy Carter in 1977. Yes, it has it merits but many governments of the world and even the US abandoned it because it takes too much time and cost so much with a massive paperwork to put together.

PMB should take responsibility! There is no way that any 100% 'IQ' Nigerian can produce a ZBB Budget in Nigeria is less than 8-10 months! The govt of PMB failed in this regard. They should accept responsibility and put in place structures to ensure they get it right next time and stop all this face saving, half hearted measures. Arresting these gentlemen and ladies or even prosecuting them and jailing them will not scratch the surface of the main problem.

Meanwhile, I see that the EFCC is becoming a Political Bulldog.

PMB should note: what goes around, comes around!!!!

PMB move Nigeria forward...there are more pressing issues now.
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by plaetton: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2016
double0seven:

Rubbish talk

you think the break down or the detailed budget is short novel or textbook that the President can easily go through. It's probably over a thousand pages.

Lol.
A Budget is supposed to be his working document, an encapsulation of his grand vision, authored by him and his economic team.
If he outsourced his vision to phantom bureaucrats, then without first VETTING it, rushed to Parliament, then he is the idio.t.
And he should rightly call himself to order, take full responsibility, apologize, withdraw the scam budget, then carefully draw up a new one with his eyes wide open.

This administration never grows ashamed of always passing the buck around.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by TunjiMsp: 8:35am On Feb 26, 2016
modelmike7:
My President , Please when will they start going to jail?
when the Judiciary stop shielding the corrupt ones

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Progressive01(m): 8:41am On Feb 26, 2016
Some supposedly educated folks think Presidents go through an entire budget before submission to the parliament.

Such aa shame how ignorant some people could be.
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Progressive01(m): 8:43am On Feb 26, 2016
TunjiMsp:
when the Judiciary stop shielding the corrupt ones
Yeah, like those who collect monies from defense attorney for their parents' burial. cheesy
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by Progressive01(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You see why I keep telling you to tone down your hatred?? You say you are schooling yet don't understand simple stuffs that are common knowledge. Who says presidents anywhere in the world, go through a country's entire budget??

Grow up.
Re: Budget Padding: Ex-dg, 5 Directors Under House Arrest by kross01(m): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2016
Sorry OP but i refuse to believe this your story. How can it be? Arrested for budget padding? When the government's information minister told us some few days back that the budget was not padded as the total budget amount remained unchanged. Who's fooling who in this government abeg?

(1) (Reply)

Sabon Gari Kano Market Razed By Fire - Photos / Former NIHOTOUR DG Chika Balogun In Multimillion Fraud Case / Buhari Is Corrupt –archbishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.