Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey (1316 Views)

Putin Orders Russians Abroad To Return Home As He Prepares For World War III / Putin Prepares For World War Iii / Russia Prepares To Bomb The 'moderate' out of the 'Rebels' In Aleppo Again - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by alienvirus: 11:58am On Feb 26, 2016
Russia has sent five additional Mig-29 fighter jets and a multipurpose helicopter to its military base in Armenia, the Defense Ministry reported

The aircraft have been transported to a military airfield in the Armenian capital of Yerevan and will soon arrive at Erebuni airfield, where planes attached to the 102th military are based, the command for the South-Eastern Military District said on Saturday.

“Soon military engineers will assemble generation 4+ fighter jets and the Mi-8MT helicopter, which will then enter service,” the report said. “The unit’s pilots will start practice flights on the new Mig-29s in mid-March.”

Four of the fighter jets are regular Mig-29s, which were recently overhauled. Another one is an upgraded Mig-29S version, which has double the payload amounting to four tons and several other improvements. The new aircraft strengthen the 18 Mig-29s and 7 Mi-24P helicopter gunships already based at Erebuni.

The build-up comes amid a period of high tension between Russia and Turkey in the wake of the downing of a Russian bomber by the Turkish Air Force on the Syrian border. Erebuni airfield is south of Yerevan and about 20km from the Turkish border.

https://www.rt.com/news/333091-russia-aircraft-base-armenia/
Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by ValerianSteel(m): 1:19am On Feb 29, 2016
Turkey would take Russia by surprise should Russia try anything funny near Turkish-Syrian borders or try violating Turkish airspace once more.

By now,Putin should know Erdogan is not the person to bully either through the media or show of force.If Russia wants real actions,they should go for it already if they have the balls.Turkey is waiting for Kremlin to make a very bad decision which for the sake of Syria they won't be foolish to make.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 29, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Turkey would take Russia by surprise should Russia try anything funny near Turkish-Syrian borders or try violating Turkish airspace once more.

And Ankara would be SURPRISINGLY obliterated with Russian tactical nukes. grin

BTW; Y has Turkey not invaded Syria yet? My “canary bird” tells me it's as a result of fear of being nuked into oblivion. grin

Even your almighty Amerika & NATO are soft-pedalling on the issue because they know that the Russians do not play grin

7 Likes

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by vedaxcool(m): 12:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
Zoharariel:

And Ankara would be SURPRISINGLY obliterated with Russian tactical nukes. grin

BTW; Y has Turkey not invaded Syria yet? My “canary bird” tells me it's as a result of fear of being nuked into oblivion. grin

Even your almighty Amerika & NATO are soft-pedalling on the issue because they know that the Russians do not play grin

I remember cavemen drove soviets out of Afghanistan. The day Russia will nuke a single muslim country will mark the day its fix its expiry date. You think we live in the 40s? Putin knows Erdogan wouldn't hesitate to return any favour. Putin violated many NATO countries airspace only Erdogan called his bluff? What the putin do after sending a not too smart pilot to his death? Nothing. He doubled his hasbara trolls budget and began to act moody. My prayer is there is no new war but you guys need to stop acting willfully ignorant and make wierd claims about Russia doing stuff while other countries are condemned to watch. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
vedaxcool:

I remember cavemen drove soviets out of Afghanistan. The day Russia will nuke a single muslim country will mark the day its fix its expiry date. You think we live in the 40s? Putin knows Erdogan wouldn't hesitate to return any favour. Putin violated many NATO countries airspace only Erdogan called his bluff? What the putin do after sending a not too smart pilot to his death? Nothing. He doubled his hasbara trolls budget and began to act moody. My prayer is there is no new war but you guys need to stop acting willfully ignorant and make wierd claims about Russia doing stuff while other countries are condemned to watch. grin grin

You still haven't answered my question. Y has Turkey not invaded Syria yet? grin

We swear to Allah, We swear to God - We will invade Syria - Awon united clowns grin

4 Likes

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by vedaxcool(m): 4:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Zoharariel:

You still haven't answered my question. Y has Turkey not invaded Syria yet? grin

We swear to Allah, We swear to God - We will invade Syria - Awon united clowns grin

Turkey doesn't need to invade Syria, it will act when it needs to,currently shelling is doing the magic. Putin began pissing in his boots dreaming up a Turk invasion while Erdogan laughed and said we have no such plan. I remeber putin buruku clowns saying Turkey was toast after the turkey downed their plane, but what did messers Putin do, he simply begged his trolls lie, lie against turkey and after that told his defense ministry to lie, what came out of their lie nothing except to divert the public from his apparent lack of weakness and inability to do nothing!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by scully95: 10:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
vedaxcool:

I remember cavemen drove soviets out of Afghanistan. The day Russia will nuke a single muslim country will mark the day its fix its expiry date. You think we live in the 40s?

You see them always contradicting themselves is a brain dead venum poison inflicted by the less educated,silly anglozionist rogues.. he/she just wrote soviet days and still went on to say you think we live in the 40s..

vedaxcool:

Putin knows Erdogan wouldn't hesitate to return any favour. Putin violated many NATO countries airspace only Erdogan called his bluff? What the putin do after sending a not too smart pilot to his death? Nothing. He doubled his hasbara trolls budget and began to act moody. My prayer is there is no new war but you guys need to stop acting willfully ignorant and make wierd claims about Russia doing stuff while other countries are condemned to watch. grin grin

It takes a real leader with strong balls to destroy the oil wells being traded beween Edogan and its Terrorists in Syria. Up to 1400 oil tankers were destroyed and oil reserve.(and the funny thing, is you still see western propaganda media network stealing Russia's video of how it destroyed the oil and claiming it's from them without giving credits lol.. I shake head)

And Erdogan the weaker balls shut down Su-24 and quickly called NATO lol...
You should stop typing please and give a stand up ovation to the commander in chief of the Russian Federation. After over 5 years of sponsoring different proxies, destroying the Syrian insitutions. Russia started the fight against the terrorist and withing 5 months, they are begging for a ceasefire..

For the five years, Anglozionist empire did not even think of cease anything ?? Now that is a big slap to all the western crooks or the falling empire. I am still in shock why a lot of people have not turned their backs at the falling empire.

Only Russia train syrian araba army. SAA and provided air support. Just stop typing already cos you should be covering your face in shame by now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by vedaxcool(m): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2016
[s]
scully95:

You see them always contradicting themselves is a brain dead venum poison inflicted by the less educated,silly anglozionist rogues.. he/she just wrote soviet days and still went on to say you think we live in the 40s..

It takes a real leader with strong balls to destroy the oil wells being traded beween Edogan and its Terrorists in Syria. Up to 1400 oil tankers were destroyed and oil reserve.(and the funny thing, is you still see western propaganda media network stealing Russia's video of how it destroyed the oil and claiming it's from them without giving credits lol.. I shake head)

And Erdogan the weaker balls shut down Su-24 and quickly called NATO lol...
You should stop typing please and give a stand up ovation to the commander in chief of the Russian Federation. After over 5 years of sponsoring different proxies, destroying the Syrian insitutions. Russia started the fight against the terrorist and withing 5 months, they are begging for a ceasefire..

For the five years, Anglozionist empire did not even think of cease anything ?? Now that is a big slap to all the western crooks or the falling empire. I am still in shock why a lot of people have not turned their backs at the falling empire.

Only Russia train syrian araba army. SAA and provided air support. Just stop typing already cos you should be covering your face in shame by now.
[/s]

I am still waiting for the police you threatened to arrest me with? Unless ..... you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey by OBAGADAFFI: 10:12am On Mar 08, 2016
Russia should be careful here.

Turkey is currently accommodating more than 120.000 Syrian refugees.

Russia's action might backfire

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Checkout The $5.3million House The Obamas Will Be Moving Into After They / Checkout The Cartoon Of Trump And Theresa May That Got People's Talking / Disturbing Images: White Helmets Busted Killing Babies In Pr Stunt To Start War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.