Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' (32417 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding / Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt - UTOMI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by deebrain(m): 5:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
Let the brilliant keep criticizing and speculating doom instead of trying to help.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Not because of Buhari.

Because the knee ministry of the "illiterates" will continue to travail for Naija success.
Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by anonimi: 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
deebrain:
Let the brilliant keep criticizing and speculating doom instead of trying to help.

Please show where and how you helped the last federal administration.
Or you are a HYPOCRITE ni

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by naijaforlife: 5:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
With due respect to Prof. Pat, all he said on the programme is just rhetoric. We have all these from even some self-acclaimed economists. I do not think that the Government is not doing anything to address the economic problems facing Nigeria. Industries do not grow in months. While the impatience of Nigerians may be understood albeit unfortunate, opinion leaders like Prof. Pat should also make the people understand that the suggestions they offer would also be viewed in context of the reality on the ground. The spectators are always the best coaches and players. I wonder how many Nairalanders hailing his comments voted for him in his previous attempts to lead this country? I rather would Prof. get his Patito gang working again to providing insights that are both content and context driven.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by deebrain(m): 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
anonimi:

Or you are a HYPOVRITE ni

Its Hypocrite.

I helped praying GEJ out of office {despite praying him in 2011}.

You can now kill yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Degis(m): 5:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
Goke7:

I tire o, the way some of our elites have been bashing PMB, shows they are indeed the major cause of our problems cos a lot of them benefit majorly from our importation based economy. They have to prophesy doom so PMB can easily cave in to their desires which is devaluation but God pass them.

it is either that you didnt understand the post or you are plain mischievious

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Elosky20:
as a prof in economics, why nt advice buhari on what to do rather than being a prophet of doom.
Then what is he doing if not advising him.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by moshino(m): 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Elosky20:
as a prof in economics, why nt advice buhari on what to do rather than being a prophet of doom.

Kid, "when the student is ready, the master will appear". You don't advice a person who doesn't believe he/she needs advice and who is certain he/she knows what to do.

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by omonnakoda: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
LordAdam:

PMB should make this guy a consultant. He just nailed it here.

A. Full diversification of the economy cannot happen overnight.
B. There should be good fiscal policies that would create incentives for budding industries. Right now there is none.

These are the real issues not "exchange rate" or devaluation/no devaluation. Even if we devalue the naira now, nothing will improve because there are no policies to take advantage of the policies.

I'm positive that if Buhari spends one month to assemble a formidable team, and brainstorm on a range of policies to affect budding Nigerian industries especially the buoyant agric sector, investors confidence will be piqued and the economy will stop falling. Look at the fiscal policies on local processing of rice and automotive policy by GEJ. Those are sound policies.

Buhari needs to push forward with good policies of his own. Tomatoes are wasting in the north and we are still importing tomato paste when our local tomato paste manufacturers face plenty of logistical challenges. That mini-industry needs government input. Increase import duty on tomato paste and make low interest loans available for the producers. Very soon, like with cement, we would be totally dependent on local production and start exporting tomato paste.

There are many mini-industries like that, that need Buhari's timely intervention to grow and further diversify the economy, but the dullard will prefer to travel without placing emphasis on the economy.

-Lord

make him a consultant why.

He has been around a long time.What tangible thing has he doneWhat exactly gives him right to lecture anyone other than his students?

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by nbright: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Elosky20:
buharino go gree hear na

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by anonimi: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
deebrain:
Its Hypocrite.

I helped praying GEJ out of office {despite praying him in 2011}.

You can now kill yourself.

After you bro. After you grin grin
Once I see how successful you are in killing yourself I will consider whether I should follow your example.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3368577_whenwillyouhavesense_jpeg4b4d4f4f548e1e572ce7efac82aa72ab

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Hypolyta: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
We can do without salt

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Mylove55(f): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
kingofchess:
I concur
u concur for what? Did u even understand what he said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by 989900: 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
.]
Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by 989900: 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Can someone pls. tell anonmin, anonimi, or anonymous that presidential elections are over . . . till 2019?

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by ernesty20(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
and '''ineffective GEJ'' Has?
ofcourse he had but some power drunk monkey and banboons couldnt allow him execute his plans for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Akaujaa(m): 6:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
Make Pat Utomi minister of finance today, all he claims to know would be thrown to the dogs and he will hide to gather his national cake. I've seen the likes of him in Ben Bruce. Those who know Bruce so well will attest to the fact that he was always critical of every government in power, promising heaven on earth till he got to the Senate and the table turned as he joined the looters only to turn around and invent the 'common sense' syndrome to deceive and distract the gullible. So, Utomi, it is either you wait for your turn or you be a gentleman if you can't criticise professionally.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Mylove55(f): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
alexlee50:
Pat utomi has now joined the wailers; too late no form left
d guy is not wailing, he is just echoing d mistake of pdp 16yrs of failure, especially ur clueless corrupt hero of 6yrs of failure,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by wirinet(m): 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
And why why do we have to import common salt? can't we manufacture salt? Is Pat Utomi saying we do not have salt deposits in Nigeria? or we cannot manufacture salt from salt water?

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by yaki84: 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
Goke7:

I tire o, the way some of our elites have been bashing PMB, shows they are indeed the major cause of our problems cos a lot of them benefit majorly from our importation based economy. They have to prophesy doom so PMB can easily cave in to their desires which is devaluation but God pass them.

did buhari advice the previous admin how to tackle boko haram? did he even attend the national security meetings since 1999?
what did buhari even contribute during his sterile days?

5 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Mylove55(f): 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
anonimi:

Or you are a HYPOVRITE ni
we help pdp by telling them not to steal but diversify d economy, we advice ur clueless corrupt hero not grant 20b dollar illegal waivers to rice importers, invest that money to grow our economy, we also advise ur corrupt hero not to divert arms money for his re-election bid, we also advice him to use 2.3tr naira subsidy scam to repair our refinery and build more news ones to stop fuel importation, they are so many advice ur ineffectual buffoon take for granted, and may God punish his generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by vigasimple(m): 6:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
Bevista:
Devaluation is a really tricky subject, especially when there are no real complementary policies & strategies. Nigeria has been devaluing the Naira from less than N1/$ to the current rate of N198/$ and yet there has been no real economic benefit to the country.
---
The biggest beneficiary of devaluation will be government, since they control 95% of what we export (oil). Ordinary Nigerians will be the worst victims since almost every item in the country has some import component.
---
I think an economic summit where there is a robust discussion on the best economic strategy for the country would be most ideal.

The political elites are the biggest fraudsters and the most corrupt in this country. It is clear Buhari has no idea and certainly not an upgrade on GEJ.

If you spend the first 2 quarters out of 16 to look for minister or team members and writes the most corrupt of all budget. Then you are not worth a leader flying all over the place with more than enough problem to deal with at home.

If you 'elect' someone with doubtful education using NEPA Bill as his certificates, then you have lost your rights to complain.

4 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by jamjo: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Elosky20:

Sometimes i don't know how we Nigerians think, why are you trying to blame him for not giving this advice to Buhari and he is not being a prophet of doom as you put it, but he is just telling the truth what has already happened in Nigeria and again you can't just walk in someone's home to give advice without being invited.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by 100Cents: 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Goke7:

He mentioned creating incentives for industries to thrive. Not just saying we want to diversify economy by mouth. Using Nollywood as a case study, nobody wanted building a film industry but people just came together and started shooting clips that the society watched and laughed at, and there was an industry.

He cant say more, a basket of tomatoes i heard is N300 in Jigawa state and the produce is wasting. What incentive has this govt created for the Jigawa farmers ? Thats how to form a new industry..

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by repogirl(f): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is another correct sense man!

You cannot force these these things..... Zombies are shouting made in Nigeria product as if it will appear overnight when a correct system and policies have never been put in place.

Anyway, shebi we know what happened last time in the eighties when it got really bad, the government was overthrown.... It might not be much different this time. I just hope things don't get so bad.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by menxer: 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
ernesty20:
Ahahahahh and he said the truth... Buhari has nothing to offer nigeria. Quote me anywhere!!

Who has?
You? But you ain't the President
Pat Utomi? Yet He isn't the President.

PMB is the President and he will/is give his best, live with it till 2019.
Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Bevista: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
vigasimple:
The political elites are the biggest fraudsters and the most corrupt in this country. It is clear Buhari has no idea and certainly not an upgrade on GEJ.

If you spend the first 2 quarters out of 16 to look for minister or team members and writes the most corrupt of all budget. Then you are not worth a leader flying all over the place with more than enough problem to deal with at home.

If you 'elect' someone with doubtful education using NEPA Bill as his certificates, then you have lost your rights to complain.
I try not to make every political or economic debate a comparison between PMB and GEJ. But just so you know, 9 times out of 10, I'll vote for PMB over GEJ.
---
For your information, the budget padding we witnessed was no different from what used to happen under GEJ. The fact that the Ministers rejected parts of the budget and the President even had to sack people for it convinces me that I'm dealing with a man of probity. If it was under GEJ, there would have been a conspiracy of silence and all parties (NASS & Executive) would have colluded to defraud the country.
---
PMB has his shortcomings, but he is a lifetime ahead of GEJ when it comes to leadership. When next there is a national issue, focus on discussing the issue rather than looking for every opportunity to ventilate your prejudice against PMB. I have criticized him severally, but he is my preferred choice right now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by bikefab(m): 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pat Utomi, the best president Nigeria is yet to have.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by alexlee50: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Mylove55:
d guy is not wailing, he is just echoing d mistake of pdp 16yrs of failure, especially ur clueless corrupt hero of 6yrs of failure,
na today day break utomi? Let's not digress, who told he is not wailing? Was he not one of those touted to be PMB minister of finance? Where they not all rejected for a less known candidate from ogun state? What he is saying now, was said by people long time ago, where we are now is not different from 1983.let him keep wailing, our forms are no longer available

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by menxer: 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
100Cents:

He mentioned creating incentives for industries to thrive. Not just saying we want to diversify economy by mouth. Using Nollywood as a case study, nobody wanted building a film industry but people just came together and started shooting clips that the society watched and laughed at, and there was an industry.

He cant say more, a basket of tomatoes i heard is N300 in Jigawa state and the produce is wasting. What incentive has this govt created for the Jigawa farmers ? Thats how to form a new industry..

I guess there is a Government in Jigawa state, abi state government can't create incentives?

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
alexlee50:
Pat utomi has now joined the wailers; too late no form left

Pat utomi and tinubu are friends. He's not abusing buhari, he's just giving advice. All u apc/pdp party voltrons just see everything in black and white.
Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by alexlee50: 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
janellemonae:

Pat utomi and tinubu are friends. He's not abusing buhari, he's just giving advice. All u apc/pdp party voltrons just see everything in black and white.
wait, who said anything about abusing buhari.please don't get this thing wrong,nigeria is bigger than buhari, and what we are talking about is nigeria.he is wailing what wailers have wailed that voting for buhari would take us to 1983, but a lot of people did not mind.they even went further to say, if na nepa certificate he get, we go vote am.now the wailing his on the state of the economy and that is what we have stated would happen

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi: 'Nigerians May Soon Queue To Buy Salt' by francizy(m): 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Elosky20:

Nigerians and their headless tyrant of a president hate to hear the truth, especially when it serves as a criticism to them..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback: Buratai Being Decorated As Captain Years Back (Photo) / Lyon appoints Jonathan, Seibarugu's loyalists into APC transition Committee / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Who Will Be The Next Governor Of Ekiti State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.