Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters (62873 Views)

Banks’ Customers Lose Fortunes As Insiders Mine Data For Fraudsters / Tricks Used By Smart Nigerians To Make Money Online - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by waice6571: 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dear costumer due to our Bvn system upgrade,your ATM CARD has just been de-activated to re-activate, kindly call CBN costumer care 08137116588

l got the above SMS a fortnight ago. I called the number and the guy said 'yes, you are speaking with CBN'

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by Smooyis(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
I also got similar messages this evening.

DEAR CUSTOMER, Due to our BVN system upgrade your ATM CARD has been De-activated, To Re-activate, Kindly call CBN Customer care 08147202547
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by bamiwuye: 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
I got same sms too then called him to tell him dat he should desist from that 419 act he engaged in in 4 days else he will end up in jail and so shall it be IJN.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by Codyt(m): 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
Scammer still be learner. He just start hustle Hehehehe.

But how on earth did he get your phone number!! shocked
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by temidayo15: 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
I also received something like that through my email.
Dear customer

Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

We wish to inform you that your account with us is due for an update.

Kindly login and update your details:
https:/www.gtbank/ibank3/customer-update/

Please update within 24 Hours of notice to avoid Service Interuption/Suspension.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc

"Your Internet Banking user ID and password, ATM card number and PIN are confidential and should never be disclosed to anyone".

Kindly log on to our website www.gtbank.com OR
Call GTConnect on 0700 GTConnect (0809 7393494), 01 328 0000, for more information.
NB:
Our notification service sent this mail to you using a default setting and the information you supplied to us when your account was opened.
If you wish to Iimit the type of mails you receive or the email address(es) in use, please send an email to us by clicking on the link below:
Send a Mail to Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS).
If you follow the link it will takes you internet banking login detail. N if u just type ur username name n password it mens u av reveal ur password with them. If u want to access internet banking go to ur bank website don't follow any link
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by lereinter(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:
I was on my own jeje when I got a beep on my phone indicating an incoming message. Na so I open the message at the speed of light, expecting a Credit alert from God knows where. The message I saw was:

The message was sent from the number +2348144540078.
Even before I finished reading the first sentence I knew it was a SCAM. I called the scammer to see his game plan and at the end of the day he was trying to talk me into giving him my ATM details like:
Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin
Details he could have used to perform online transactions and pay with my card. Nigerians be wise o. I just ended the call after wasting his time and airtime

this same number called and sent me a text but from the play along conversation we had it seems they ve a way to hack access bank account holders with their atm card cos he keep requesting if i operate an access bank acct
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by ToseroRock(f): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
I got the text but seeing how poor their game outlook was I sent them the above quotation to read. John3:16.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by sule5727: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:
I was on my own jeje when I got a beep on my phone indicating an incoming message. Na so I open the message at the speed of light, expecting a Credit alert from God knows where. The message I saw was:

Even before I finished reading the first sentence I knew it was a SCAM. I called the scammer to see his game plan and at the end of the day he was trying to talk me into giving him my ATM details like:
Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin
Details he could have used to perform online transactions and pay with my card. Nigerians be wise o. I just ended the call after wasting his time and airtime
even me too received that massage to but i ignore it thanks for the information!!!
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by Oluwafatpet: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:
Abeg who get SNAKE, OLAJUMOKE or TONTO DIKE picture make I add join this post so that lala can move this thread to front page?

Shoo........u forgot the 15 year old king's picture too

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by DavidEsq(m): 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Abeyjide:
there are bank' s staff disclosing our details to those guys,insiders are working for them.immagine my atm was to expire on 31 of jan last month and i received a message on 4th of jan that my ATM had expired that i should call a number in that message.i just laff.crooks are among d banking sector.God helping us.i Can never fall a victim
Please I need to know something: I was expecting cash from someone who later called me, informing me that the money had been paid into my account. However, four minutes later, I got a txt from TRANSFAST, informing me of the deposit and even naming my bank and requiring me to call 08039285897 for help. The irony is, I checked but didn't see the deposit details in my account. My conclusion is: its either the sender is trying to play a fast one me(he paid the money thru a proxy) or the bank has bin monitoring my account through unlawful and unauthorised channels. Pls how correct am I?
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by whyx06(m): 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Got d msg too but instead of calling the number i decided to called CALL CENTER to make them aware....
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by DavidEsq(m): 10:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
lereinter:

this same number called and sent me a text but from the play along conversation we had it seems they ve a way to hack access bank account holders with their atm card cos he keep requesting if i operate an access bank acct
Oh my! my account is an access bank account. Somebody pls throw more light on this messed up situation, I need to put up a petition to the branch manager and EFCC, immediately.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by pweshboi(m): 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
writetopoker:
2 days ago i got a text informing me that my MasterCard has been deactivated and i should call useless numeber to activate my card. I didnt even bother calling them i just deleted d message instantly, cos i gat no time for rubbish. I even used my card today to purchase online no deactivation working perfectly ok
The thing is you can make online transactions with d card but you can't withdraw with it at the ATM that's just the difference cos the number on the expired ATM is still the one on the new atm so I'll advise u destroy the expired atm card when you get the new one. #BewareOfScammers

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by koredeeniola(f): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
I also got d same type of msg early ds month
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by tanteta(m): 10:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Scammers every where, one really need to be at alert all the time.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by ifenadi(m): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Majority of people here claiming to be wise and still think that those fraudsters get their numbers from bank official are potential mugus.
Why will a fraudster need a bank official to get a number when they can get any random 11 digit numbers starting with 080, 070, and the rest
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by MadeOfBlaq(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Overheard ma pops on phone talking to someone about atm and deactivation blah blah blah..make i go ask am oo. Hope dem neva scam the old man

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by marlockj: 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:

Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin

Hmmmm who wasted who's time and airtym....

You Jst wasted your time and your airtime .....

U felt u did him bad..Bt actually you did urself....you said u called him,, so who wasted who's time..and airtime...

Your post is already quoted by me..Mayb u shuld lie by saying it was a mistake dat he actually called u..

I got d same scam message and this scam can Neva call you,Xcept u call them..you Dnt think of saying u made a mistake... you actually called them...

Meaning they still scam you of few airtime and time..what u claim u scam them...
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by obidevine(m): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
sexaddict08:

u called their number and wasted their airtime, please teach me how u did that.

Dude you read my mind , I wanted to ask him the same question.

2 Likes

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by Reality2020(m): 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmmm. Thanks op.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by marlockj: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:

Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin

Hmmmm who wasted who's time and airtym....

You Jst wasted your time and your airtime .....

U felt u did him bad..Bt actually you did urself....you said u called him,, so who wasted who's time..and airtime...

Your post is already quoted by me..Mayb u shuld lie by saying it was a mistake dat he actually called u..

I got d same scam message and this scam can Neva call you,Xcept u call them..you Dnt think of saying u made a mistake... you actually called them...

Meaning they still scam you of few airtime and time..what u claim u scam them..
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by obidevine(m): 11:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:

Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin

This your story is incoherent, you just said you called him, now you're saying you cut the call after wasting his time and Airtime.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by obidevine(m): 11:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:
Awesome
Ha ha ha ha babe your hips are awesome
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by skyhighweb(m): 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:

Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin
u wasted his time n airtime i thought u called him
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by zizomaticz(m): 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Rogersmith:
I have been getting the sms. What's baffling me the most is how they got my number.

You have a right to sue the telcom company on disclosure of personal info. Read about "Law & Cyber Security". You might be the first to win such case in Nigeria.

What these telcom companies need to innovate is a system that protects the customers interest.

2 cents

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by bodyloveghetto(m): 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Martins301:

Number
Expiry date
CC2
Pin

You said urself you called? How come you waste his airtime? How come you waste his time? Abeg you don de do fabrication abi?... mtchew...

Oh you flash him and he called you baq?
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by girlfriendsnatc: 12:02am On Feb 27, 2016
Martins301:
I called the scammer... I just ended the call after wasting his time and airtime

You phoned the scammer, yet you wasted his time and airtime Some Nigerians are so talented in telling lies undecided

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by cutekhalifa(m): 12:14am On Feb 27, 2016
I got the same message yesterday, guess what, the scammer is bubu... he said kai my priend nagwode , walihi I need ur account and pin kwerification to kwan-fam your account number yowah.... kai come see laugh oooo, mumu dey learn work from him Oga....

my humble question,

is it our hard earn money the duara dullard won use skyrocket our foreign reserve to 50trillion dollars within 1yr in office the 50naira stamp duty he dey collect from bank never do him

bubu u see ur life grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by cutekhalifa(m): 12:14am On Feb 27, 2016
I got the same message yesterday, guess what, the scammer is bubu... he said kai my priend nagwode , walihi I need ur account and pin kwerification to kwan-fam your account number yowah.... kai come see laugh oooo, mumu dey learn work from him Oga....

my humble question,

is it our hard earn money the duara dullard won use skyrocket our foreign reserve to 50trillion dollars within 1yr in office the 50naira stamp duty he dey collect from bank never do him

bubu u see ur life , the. master of kworuption grin

1 Like

Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by abdulhamid0(m): 12:20am On Feb 27, 2016
Thanks for the info.....but wait o, how did u waste his credit when u were the one that called him.
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by mommysgirl(f): 12:28am On Feb 27, 2016
Martins301:
Abeg who get SNAKE, OLAJUMOKE or TONTO DIKE picture make I add join this post so that lala can move this thread to front page?
Oh my gosh
This is hilarious grin grin grin
Re: ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters by placeofallure(f): 1:38am On Feb 27, 2016
I got exactly the same message four days ago but I ignored it, reason being that any message coming from my bank always carries the bank's name not one cynical number. Then again to be doubly sure, I used my ATM right there in the comfort of my sofa, to subscribe for DSTV and I got "transaction successful" so I just drew my conclusion that the message is a fluke.

Now to the fraudsters thinking to defraud me of my hard earned money, cos I know some of them may be a guest or member of Nairaland, I say to you:
Sango lo ma payin O, Ogun lo ma f'eje yin we, Omi Ayilala lo ma gbe yin lo. Ase gun! poo! poo! poo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kelvin Dandy 'Obaseki' Acquires $1M Mansion In Banana Island / What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency / POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.