Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG (2879 Views)

Faces Of Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue Yesterday (Photos) / Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen May Result In Civil War If Not Checked-huriwa / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Sibrah: 8:23am On Feb 27, 2016
kettykin:

Who stopped Yoruba from leaving please can you let us have evidence
obindigbo.com.ng/2015/11/why-igbos-deserve-nigerias-presidency-in-2019/

google.com.ng is your friend anyday anytime. Avail ya self.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Standing5(m): 8:31am On Feb 27, 2016
kettykin:

Do you have prove or evidence that the same Azikiwe that was cross carpeted against by yorubas stopped yorubas from secession, there is hardly nothing wrong in providing good evidence.
sibrah just gave a good source and you r still feigning ignorance. May be the offician minute of the gathering where the whole drama unfolded is what u want.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Rich4god(m): 9:35am On Feb 27, 2016
Liberty90:

You would think Fulani violence would be a top priority to this administration as they are killing tens to hundreds of Nigerians monthly. Instead they are more focused on shiite and IPOB...both who have not taken any life.
I was really disappointed when a chief of staff was shouting that he is going to threat ipob protesters like terrorist. Whilst BH is ravaging north east and Fulani herdsmen are sweeping Nigeria from north to south.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by kettykin: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2016
Standing5:
sibrah just gave a good source and you r still feigning ignorance. May be the offician minute of the gathering where the whole drama unfolded is what u want.

The Northern region took the position that they were not intellectually ready for such a high level of political independence. The Western region promptly declared their readiness to accept the offer. It was we, Igbos, that held the balance in such a serious issue that could make or break Nigeria. We took the stand that although the Eastern region was ready to assume the responsibilities of regional independence, its attainment without the North will lead to the balkanization of the Nigerian Dream, and break our collective aspirations as Nigerians. We chose to rather let the advancement of our political interests and obvious economic gains be delayed than risk the break-up of Nigeria

If you checked very well you would have seen that the document stated very clearly
We took the stand that although the Eastern region was ready to assume the responsibilities of regional independence, its attainment without the North will lead to the balkanization of the Nigerian Dream, and break our collective aspirations as Nigerians
At no point did the article say that the east stopped the west from secession or that the east compelled the west not to form region or to remain region less
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Standing5(m): 10:11am On Feb 27, 2016
kettykin:

The Northern region took the position that they were not intellectually ready for such a high level of political independence. The Western region promptly declared their readiness to accept the offer. It was we, Igbos, that held the balance in such a serious issue that could make or break Nigeria. We took the stand that although the Eastern region was ready to assume the responsibilities of regional independence, its attainment without the North will lead to the balkanization of the Nigerian Dream, and break our collective aspirations as Nigerians. We chose to rather let the advancement of our political interests and obvious economic gains be delayed than risk the break-up of Nigeria

If you checked very well you would have seen that the document stated very clearly At no point did the article say that the east stopped the west from secession or that the east compelled the west not to form region or to remain region less
You pretended not to see the part that states that 2 region out of 3 must agree for the british colonial masters to agree. The North was clearly lagging behind but i can't understand why the Igbos will be willing to sacrifice their own progress only to come back and play victim 10years later in 1967. Their attempt to dominate others was checked. Eod. Yorubas were being given a near pogrom treatment as far back as 1945 in one Nigeria. Stop saying or supporting the false account that the Igbos/Easterners saw anything coming. The yorubas stopped the Fulani pre-colonial adventure towards the south and were againgst being in one entity with them. It was Igbos who played the 'good' neigbour only to come out crying. The North knew they wanted the money of the south and were open about it. The Western people too we open about their incompartibility with the North and east. One tribe hid her feelings because of hidden intentions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by sarutobie(m): 10:22am On Feb 27, 2016
Here we go again, Fulani "herdsmen" indeed! Where in the whole world have you seen herdsmen sacking villages and communities? Outgunning security personnel? Well you can call them herdsmen, I call them BOKO HARAM footsoldiers.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by ASL33: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
If only omenka will read this
if only he is not a casualty from the happenings in Agatu
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Rich4god(m): 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
ASL33:
if only he is not a casualty from the happenings in Agatu
lol.... Omenka, are you seeing this.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by T9ksy(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
kettykin:

Do you have prove or evidence that the same Azikiwe that was cross carpeted against by yorubas stopped yorubas from secession, there is hardly nothing wrong in providing good evidence.

And I presume you have incontrovertible evidence that Azikwe aka the pseudo nationalist was "cross-carpeted " against by the Yorubas and not your usual " my uncle's neighbour who lived adjacent to my grandma hut in our village, told me" gist?

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by omogin(f): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Na them dey power Na. They can kill and maim no problem.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Rich4god(m): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2016
omogin:
Na them dey power Na. They can kill and maim no problem.
The problem is based on the fact that the citizens are keeping quite.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by chinae(m): 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
Herdsmen to Hell.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by naijaking1: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
T9ksy:

And I presume you have incontrovertible evidence that Azikwe aka the pseudo nationalist was "cross-carpeted " against by the Yorubas and not your usual " my uncle's neighbour who lived adjacent to my grandma hut in our village, told me" gist?

Are you such a poor student of contemporary Nigerian history to ask such a question? Next you'll ask for incontrovertible evidence that Tafawa Belewa was prime minister!
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Sibrah: 7:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
kettykin:

If you checked very well you would have seen that the document stated very clearly At no point did the article say that the east stopped the west from secession or that the east compelled the west not to form region or to remain region less
If you so love the North, all you guys need do was to go your way to allow the West have their wish and then join force with the North again on your own terms instead of shouting Zoo and cease-pit all over like the you do now.
Re: The Menace Of Fulani Herdsmen And The Silence Of FG by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
Rich4god:
Am very sure that almost everyone in this country have in one way or the other heard about the massive killings and destruction been carried out by Fulani herdsmen. From the northwest (zamfara) to north central (Benue, Jos, kogi) to south west (Ogun, ondo) to south east (enugu, anambra) to south south (delta).... Its no longer a new thing that no week passes by in this country without us hearing about the massacre and sacking of villages by these herdsmen. Just last week, its was Agatu in Benue state. No one knows the next state. These are the ones that we hear over the news. Cos I can vividly remember how some Fulani herdsmen killed a young man that was on top of a palm tree tapping wine in a nearby village to mine (enugu). He was shot with an arrow, and was almost beheaded after he fell down from the tree. This was never heard on the media, and am sure that there are so many cases like this that the media wouldn't carry.

Now what baffles me most is the silence of the govt ( both state and federal) and also the security out fit. How come nothing is been done abt it despite the fact that these atrocities happen almost on daily bases.

Its very bad of the govt to send military personnel to shoot and attack innocent protesters.. its very bad of the govt to send almost a "battalion" to attack a village for God knows what, but fail to look into the activities of these herdsmen.

Its funny how a sitting chief of staff will threaten unarmed civilians just because they took to the street to protest, yet he have not made any comment with regards to the issue of the herdsmen.

Even the last administration failed in this same issue.

I know that some pple will call me a wailer or iPod youth. But before you do that, kindly go to agatu village to see what happened there. Or rather, if these devils invade your village (wch we dont pray for), will you still be comfortable defending a govt that have failed in its basic duty.

Lets all stand up and hold our leaders to their duties, else this country will crumble by our own hands.

Go to the state house and see how secured they have made the place. Go to any govt house in each state and see hw secured it is... But the masses are at the mercy of every evil minded person.

Let's open our eyes plz.
reply my mail

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Why We Must Find A Lasting Economic Solution / Politics Of The First Coalition Govt In Nigeria, Awo, Zik & Sa - Dennis Osadebey / Nnamdi Kanu Heals A Man By Handshake In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.