Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,310 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Gianni Infantino Elected As New FIFA President - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gianni Infantino Elected As New FIFA President (392 Views)

Russia 2018 ‘Best World Cup Ever’ - Says FIFA President, Gianni Infantino / Gianni Infantino Arrives Nigeria. FIFA President On A 2-Day Visit / Amaju Pinnick With Gianni Infantino & Samuel Eto'o (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gianni Infantino Elected As New FIFA President by Blackberrybabes: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2016
Secretary general of UEFA, Gianni Infantino, has been elected as the president of World’s football governing body, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).

Infantino was chosen as the successor to disgraced Sepp Blatter after 2 rounds of voting at the FIFA congress in Zurich, Switzerland, on Friday 26 February.

Securing 115 votes in the second round of polls, the 45 year old Swiss beat off favourite
Salman Bin Ibrahim al-Khalifa into second while Prince Ali bin Hussein finished third.

“I cannot express my feelings in this moment,” Infantino said after hearing the result.

“I told you I went through an exceptional journey, which made me meet many fantastic people, who live and breathe football, and many people deserve to see Fifa is highly respected.

“Everyone in the world will applaud us for what we will do. Everyone will be proud of what we will do.

“I want to work with you to establish a new era in which we can put football at the centre stage.

“We need to implement the reforms, but we also need to have respect, the respect that the entire world owes to football, and make sure that finally, once again, we can focus on this wonderful world that is football. I am too moved – let us work together for this.”

This is the first time voting for the presidential election has reached a second round since 1974, when Joao Havelange of Brazil became the first non-European president.

This is also the first time FIFA is getting a new man at the helm of affairs in 18 years after Blatter (who was recently banned from football activities for 6 years) was elected president in 1998.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/02/gianni-infantino-elected-as-new-fifa.html

lalasticlala

Re: Gianni Infantino Elected As New FIFA President by Blackberrybabes: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2016
Re: Gianni Infantino Elected As New FIFA President by chiefolododo(m): 1:53am On Feb 27, 2016
This guy go chop die
Re: Gianni Infantino Elected As New FIFA President by jcross19: 2:32am On Feb 27, 2016
When I saw the candidates on skysports then, I know who will win the election because they can never vote islamic man into that position never.

(1) (Reply)

Anywhere In The Cloud And Serves / Fixed Half Time And Full Time Draws @made Easy Soccer Prediction / Tyh Erg Gh Fghj Gj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.