Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,320 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team (48740 Views)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Buhari’s Economic Team, Square Pegs In Round Holes – Abdulahi : VANGUARD / Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by freshvine(f): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2016
My suggestion is since the northerners have gotten power, they should transmute or rather transfer the power to any of their own and allow the cattle rustler go back to his bush.

We are tired of this vindictive and archaic system of governance.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by PMIcon(m): 10:21am On Feb 27, 2016
989900:
Bring in technocrats from the private sector -- the roof is on fire!

You may want to check the CVs of those mentioned above. Or what's the definition of technocrat. We don't need a bigger team, we only need them to be efficient and effective.

By the way, it is not the government that's causing the Naira-dollar go up(in the black market by the way) It is those of us those who keep buying the dollar and importing things we produce in Nigeria that are the problem. WHY DO WE LIKE TO EAT OUR CAKES AND STILL HAVE IT.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by icybeth(m): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2016
senier007:
Change in hibernation
Change is never a scam
Change is a process
Change is dynamic
Change is painful
Change is always positive
Change is inevitable
Change is when consequences have equal action
Change is when wailers wail all the time
Change is a gradual process
Change also have enemies
Change is a "group thinking" result

Change is here to stay
change is death as many had die through the cause of it. must we all die for the change to b actualize while PMB and his cabinets live?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by chatterly: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2016
having people from the private sector in an economic team has not always worked in the developing world especially Nigeria.all they do is front run for their own private businesses which is counter productive.Dangote ,otedola etal who were in Jona and yaraduas team only served their own interests by getting all sorts of funny waivers.
brodalikeme:
In my opinion this is not a very good economic team. An economic team should comprise of people in government and the private sector. Also, why is this so called economic team quiet and not proactive? A lot of things has being happening based on speculation and not policies from the government.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by InvertedHammer: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2016
/
Buhari is enjoying his retirement in Aso Rock. Free rent, medical, travel and other fringe benefits.

By the time he finishes his two tenures, it may be time to join his ancestors. Nigerians elected someone who has no future interests in the nation and expect miraculous results. In other words, they elected the past to forge the future. LOL. Buhari has nothing to lose if Nigeria goes down the shitters.

Nigeria, the gift that keeps giving.
/
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by damiandammy(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2016
now is the time it will first come so hard on us them softly lead us to good times
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by PMIcon(m): 10:34am On Feb 27, 2016
Drabeey:
I thought they would mention this man, Ifeanyi ubah.
Ds is not a good news, not even anyone who have some feats in growing the economy in the past.
#Buhari 'M NotHappy
The headline was misleading. Constitutionally right economic team has been on ground; that's what report is saying.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by pendusky(m): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2016
Urine:

Actually, you're the big joke here, the VP is the Chairman of the National Economic Council by law. Before you come out and talk like you're the best thing since sliced bread, you have to be 99% you're right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_Nigeria
http://services.gov.ng/the-vice-president

grin grin

tell me You don't need to go to Wiki to know VP is the head of Federal Economic Council not Buhari Economic Team!

Tell me the two are the same then I will tell you That team need to be resolved ASAP, they are catastrophe to the national Economy! grin

This govt is a Joke! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by Ebukaokeke5: 10:38am On Feb 27, 2016
senier007:
The Presidency has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari has an economic management team. The Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, disclosed this in a telephone interview with our correspondent last light.

Akande was reacting to a media report that quoted some economic experts as urging the president to form his economic team. According to him, the economic team of President Buhari has been put in place since the inauguration of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) last November.

Akande said the economic management team is headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.  He listed the team’s key members as including the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma; the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun; the Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment, Okechukwu Enelamah; the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godswin Emefiele; and the Director-General of the Debt Management Office (DMO). He said the composition of the team was not static as Agriculture Minister Audu Ogbe and Information Minister Lai Mohammed as well as relevant permanent secretaries have also been involved.

The vice president’s aide said the team had since been meeting and engaging representatives of the private sector.

He noted that unlike what obtained in the past, Buhari’s administration did not make anybody from the private sector a member of the economic management team.

The vice president’s spokesman also exclusively told our correspondent that President Buhari had appointed Dr. Oluyemi Dipeolu as his Special Adviser on Economic Matters.  He said the economic adviser, who was until his appointment in January a director in the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), has been working with the economic management team.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/presidency-unveils-buhari-s-economic-team/135566.html#ihkVDwQAzxibuwGB.99
Progression applauded! Now let's get to work.I bet our wisdom can turn dis nation to d greatest economy of d whole world.Damn d enemies of dis nation Nigeria and damn d enemies of President Buhari's administration.Nigeria wud get beta in dis rule n d grave shall b d price of Nigeria's enemies world wide.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by AZeD1(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2016
989900:
Bring in technocrats from the private sector -- the roof is on fire!
Most of them came from the private sector!!!
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by gsalvatore: 10:43am On Feb 27, 2016
That list is not an economic team...No new player, same old cancers.

They have been there and the economy is nosediving when the public screamed for an economic team they wanna tell us that they have a team already.

Well Nigerians must be stupid like the government not to see they already have an economic team.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by Luckylife(m): 10:45am On Feb 27, 2016
We need new economic team this once have been compromised and indicted by the budget of fraud and the situation in the country.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by davodyguy: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2016
Drabeey:
I thought they would mention this man, Ifeanyi ubah.
Ds is not a good news, not even anyone who have some feats in growing the economy in the past.
#Buhari 'M NotHappy

He couldn't manage his assets and staff, hence Amcon has taken over ALL his assets in every part of Nigeria
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by defash8: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2016
I am happy that Buhari finally listen to us the Wailers but one more thing, he need to include people from private sectors & Nigerians in diaspora.

This is our country & we will continue to wail until we get what we want, the era of keeping quiet has gone.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by Okwyjesus(m): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2016
DIVINE78:
I'm abundantly sure better days lie ahead with Buhari and Osinbajo at the helm.

its a pity the president didnt to hit the ground running after handover as expected of someone that has been Head of State before. This govt is no doubt passing the learning curve and l wont blame Osibanjo for that but Buhari obviously is not showing sign of someone with direction.

As long as l am concern, we dont have Economic team. Maybe he cooked up the team in his Duara hut after the pressure of abt Economic team. How come nobody is aware of this team all this days.
DIVINE78:

its a pity the president didnt to hit the ground running after handover as expected of someone that has been Head of State before. This govt is no doubt passing the learning curve and l wont blame Osibanjo for that but Buhari obviously is not showing sign of someone with direction.

As long as l am concern, we dont have Economic team. Maybe he cooked up the team in his Duara hut after the pressure of abt Economic team. How come nobody is aware of this team all this days.
DIVINE78:

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 27, 2016
Aufbauh:
"Every great movement must experience three stages; ridicule, discussion and adoption" - John Stuart Mill
Some of the yelling of the opposition may not be unwarranted but most times it is ill conceived.

It should be noted by all that Rome was not built in a day and any road that has no obstacles lead nowhere.
Nonetheless, the commitment and will of the present administration is the ultimate asset of the CHANGE MANTRA some of us has upheld and we are confident that the CHANGE the people so desire and deserve will surely come.

grin grin grin grin...bros you are doing a great Job LYING..... APC must be paying you very well.....
Now your Rome will not be built in a DAY...., you dont even know where the land is let alone laying foundation and building this Rome ....scammers everywhere in this Administration.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by brodalikeme(m): 10:52am On Feb 27, 2016
chatterly:
having people from the private sector in an economic team has not always worked in the developing world especially Nigeria.all they do is front run for their own private businesses which is counter productive.Dangote ,otedola etal who were in Jona and yaraduas team only served their own interests by getting all sorts of funny waivers.

There is a reason they are called Technocrats. You need private people there. Screen and sieve and you will get the right people. These persons must no be business men or women or our so called entrepreneurs, They are financial/economic advisors, manager and consultants that will work in the team to formulate policies that will stimulate growth and development. A team should be able to have checks and balance controls in place.

if we have go by the issue you raise we will already doomed, if you get the root of the budget padding palaver, you will notice that the consultants has skewed something in his favour while the bureaucrat was having a nice time.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by 989900: 10:54am On Feb 27, 2016
Guk:

Capital No!!!! They pour more fuel in the fire. The private sector person who is not contracted by FG but called in will only be there to promote policies that benefit/enrich his company and enslave others. Get rewarded with waivers; use insider info to make first move etc.

Pls name 1 private sector fellow that was called in by Govt that gave us sound economic policies? They ended up manipulating and arm twisting Govt. I will give u just 2 destructive examples. Fmr Min of Agric. Mr Akinwunmi ended up losing billions to the rice merchants who were advising him.
Fmr Min of Trade, Mr Aganga got swindled by the car assembly companies granting them concession to import Fully built up cars at old import duty. Pls tell me why no car assembly plant in Nigeria today is not boasting or advertising their Made in Nigeria cars?

No doubt, however in this case, at this time, the pros for bringing in technocrats will far outweigh the cons.

I can actually come up with more points to buttress your opinion.

However, the same 'vested interest' both individual, and political party's, which of course the present economic team is not immune to, cannot be tolerated at this dire time -- there is almost no room for errors.

I know of many sound, upfront, no-holds-barred, intellectuals who everyday proffer sound suggestions, far better than most of our more known names. These are the people to reach out to; they are littered all over the country in different works of life. The gov't has to reach out across political parties and beyond; shouldn't all be about APC and it's loyalists.

I am not advocating for a large number, rather, a few exceptional ones, intelligent, reasonable team players.

What happened in those 2 examples you stated, are largely a fall out of endemic corruption across board -- the ministers weren't swindled -- they knew! Were they conniving, or helpless 'cause some one found a way over their heads . . . who knows?

Going further without fighting corruption head-on, is like building a fancy edifice in a swamp without the proper or recommended foundation!
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by sigmundfreud(m): 10:56am On Feb 27, 2016
A very disappointing list! Maybe 1 or 2 potentially sound people, the rest are just business as usual things.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by PassingShot(m): 10:59am On Feb 27, 2016
[s]
truthspeaks:
Na so e pain u reach? I knw u r doing ur paid job, but guy, see d economic hardship in d land. It's way too hard 2 conceal even for ApC's propaganda machine like u
[/s]
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by 989900: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2016
brodalikeme:

There is a reason they are called Technocrats. You need private people there. Screen and sieve and you will get the right people. These persons must no be business men or women or our so called entrepreneurs, They are financial/economic advisors, manager and consultants that will work in the team to formulate policies that will stimulate growth and development. A team should be able to have checks and balance controls in place.

if we have go by the issue you raise we will already doomed, if you get the root of the budget padding palaver, you will notice that the consultants has skewed something in his favour while the bureaucrat was having a nice time.

Exactly what I was just saying.
And, of course not the Dangotes, Otedolas . . .

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 27, 2016
Chigold101:
na wa for you oh!
Whats great about this thing? If this team really exist it means they are not only clueless but they are also dull in economic matters.

I dont blame them, when they have a VISITING president & a lying pastor as their head. Why wont they mess our economy.
Rise above wailing
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 27, 2016
UltimatedeBest:
Anytime osibanjo is laughing is like he is forcing himself.
you need more time in rehabilitation
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by 989900: 11:10am On Feb 27, 2016
PMIcon:

You may want to check the CVs of those mentioned above. Or what's the definition of technocrat. We don't need a bigger team, we only need them to be efficient and effective.

[s]By the way, it is not the government that's causing the Naira-dollar go up(in the black market by the way) It is those of us those who keep buying the dollar and importing things we produce in Nigeria that are the problem. WHY DO WE LIKE TO EAT OUR CAKES AND STILL HAVE IT.[/s]

For your first paragraph, check my other posts on this thread for clarification.

For your second paragraph, don't let the government blame you for their failures -- check my last 3 topics/threads, and a few of my posts for further clarification.

Regards.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by doctokwus: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2016
989900:

However, they need to up the tempo -- the economy is stalling.
That's just it.
With a bit of more tempo and urgency added to all matters, not just economy alone,people will feel d impact of the govt.
But there is no doubt that things wud be better with this govt,just maybe slower at this their pace.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by DesChyko: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2016
PassingShot:
..It's not a rocket science..
It is a gbagaun grin All in the bid to blame
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by franugo(m): 11:41am On Feb 27, 2016
Sweetguy25:
The Buffalo we call a president is assembling an economic team almost a year after he was elected into office.
This man has to be the most unserious president in African history.

most serious naijan, u won't read d op oo, no na to dey para u sabi. if u had read d op, u woulda seen dt d team was formed last novembercry NAIJANS N LAZINESS BE LIKE GOALS N DIEGO COSTA!
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by alhabie(m): 11:42am On Feb 27, 2016
pendusky:
Economic Team? comprises of who and who? SAN head of Economic Team? Wow! grin

This Govt is a joke!

FunnyNation hope they will soon call you to head Asorock kitchen grin

Boss,Obafemi Awolowo who is a lawyer performed credibly well as a finance minister after the civil war..
Take a chill,bro..
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by homager: 11:52am On Feb 27, 2016
Pls contribute ur own parts to d development of nigeria by give positive thought.
Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
pendusky:
Economic Team? comprises of who and who? SAN head of Economic Team? Wow! grin

This Govt is a joke!

FunnyNation hope they will soon call you to head Asorock kitchen grin

You took the words out of my mouth. The President should sack whoever released this statement. It is the height of ignorance.

An Economic team with two lawyers.

Let me laugh.

If there is anything we learnt from the Ifeanyi Ubah case, we need people who run day to day businesses in large scale. Men who knows the importance of sound economic policies. Men who built and pushed the rate of domestic production and exportation of our local goods.

This report is a joke and the height of incompetency.

Note, I am a strong Buhari Supporter.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by mrkings84(m): 12:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Buhari pls bring back our corruption. We like d way things were wen we were corrupt

1 Like

Re: Presidency Unveils Buhari’s Economic Team by CaptPlanet(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
I was going to take his team serious till I saw Lai Moh'ds name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno State Senator Ali Ndume Is A Boko Haram Sponsor - Spokesman / Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered / Asiwaju Tinubu Down With Parkinson Disease - Paparazzi Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.