Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence (2735 Views)

Igbo Group Holds Rally In Support Of President Buhari in Abuja (photos) / Jega Wants FG To Hands-off On Appointment Of INEC Chair / You Can’t Execute Rev. King, Others, Falana Tells Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by ijaw1stson: 8:47am On Feb 27, 2016
– Igbo group begs federal government not kill Rev King
– The group leader, Udo Udeogaranya begged federal government to commute the sentence and grant him pardon
– Udeogaranya reveals that Rev King is still the spiritual father of many people

Following the Supreme Court approval of the death sentence handed the convicted General-Overseer of the Christian Praying Assembly, Chukwuemeka Ezeugo, a.k.a Rev. King to die by hanging, Ndigbo Cultural Society of Nigeria (NCSN) has begged the Federal Government not to make haste in executing the death sentence, PM news reports

In a unanimous judgment by a seven-man panel of Justices led by Justice Walter Onnoghen, on February 26 upheld the death sentence that was earlier handed to Ezeugo by the Lagos state High Court in 2007, presided over by Justice Joseph Oyewole.
The apex court in a lead judgment delivered by Justice Sylvester Ngwuta, dismissed the appeal filed by Rev. King for lacking in merit and held that the facts of the case were “like what you see in a horror movie.”
Reacting to the development, the leader of the Igbo group, chief Udo Udeogaranya in a statement issued on February 26, urged President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government to
“commute the sentence and grant him pardon as Nigeria stands to gain nothing by shedding blood.
“This plea is premised on the ground that many Nigerians still hold Rev. Ezeugo as their spiritual leader even in various prisons and that the initial trial in Lagos as purportedly put forward by his lawyer Mr. Olalekan Ojo and published by national dailies was a miscarriage of justice in which the lawyer made certain points that demanded a second thought.
“Ojo argued that his client did not commit the crime and was not at the scene of the incident. He insisted that the deceased, Ann Uzoh, had in two statements she made after the incident and before her death, stated that she got burnt in a generator accident and that the cleric was not responsible for her injuries.
“Ojo said the Investigating Police Officer, IPO, had tendered statements which stated that Ezeugo was not responsible for the burns that led to Uzoh’s death. He alleged that the trial Judge refused to admit in evidence, the statements he said exonerated Ezeugo of the crime.
“The lawyer further contended had those ‘vital exhibits’ been admitted rather than expunged by the trial judge, they would have operated to cast serious doubt on the case of the prosecution. He maintained that Justice Oyewole’s refusal to admit the exhibits in evidence ‘occasioned a great miscarriage of justice’ against his client,” the statement reads.
source:https://www.naij.com/745593-unbelievable-read-igbo-group-wants-fg-rev-king-death-sentence.html

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by grandeoj09(m): 8:57am On Feb 27, 2016
Could this be Condemnation? Thou the group where unknown, i think the judge has done well, hope this will be applicable to the yam eaters too.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by OneManLegion(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
This is rubbish!

FG must not kill only rev king, they must kill all igbos along with him.

You this bagger ehn, you no get chill o.

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by Osakah24(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2016
What makes them igbo group?
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by kestolove95(m): 9:10am On Feb 27, 2016
Kill him shapli pls...he who kill should b killed....useless pastors everiwia dat have turn christianity to a joke wia people gather and laff ova it
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by talktonase(m): 9:13am On Feb 27, 2016
By the time this verdict is fulfilled it will only further cause more aggitations in the minds of the Ndigbo.Ethnic prejudice will continually fester and they will stand on the premise that the reason why he will be hanged is because we have a northern president forgetting the henious crime he committed 10yrs ago.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by Luckylife(m): 9:18am On Feb 27, 2016
All the enemies of the great tribe of god nation (igbo) will leave and see how miserable their lives is for hating igbos the blessed nation.
KINGinVAHALA:
This is rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by talktimi(m): 9:18am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
This is rubbish!

kill all Igbo's ? Sad child

3 Likes

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by Luckylife(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2016
talktonase:
By the time this verdict is fulfilled it will only further cause more aggitations in the minds of the Ndigbo.Ethnic prejudice will continually fester and they will stand on the premise that the reason why he will be hanged is because we have a northern president forgetting the henious crime he committed 10yrs ago.
all these boko animals that bomb and kill innocent lives that was captured by the army, how many of them that have been killed or hang? Truth be told hanging for king is too harsh. Life in prison is manageable.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by KINGinVAHALA: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2016
OneManLegion:

You this bagger ehn, you no get chill o.
*Wink*
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by OneManLegion(m): 9:33am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
*Wink*
Lool. Rugged!
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by YourMrBoo: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2016
There is a second thought to this...
I will never support unwarranted shedding of blood.
The judge out of hatred and unprofessionalism passed that judgement hastely and cluelessly.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by KINGinVAHALA: 9:34am On Feb 27, 2016
OneManLegion:

Lool. Rugged!
lol. Fellow king in valhala?
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by diasporaman(m): 9:40am On Feb 27, 2016
These miscreants are oblivious of the fact that the man who played god is a murderer? If not for our slow judicial system Rev King would have been in the pit of hell long time ago.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by OneManLegion(m): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
lol. Fellow king in valhala?
Nah. Me na fifty minus two.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by talktonase(m): 9:45am On Feb 27, 2016
Luckylife:
all these boko animals that bomb and kill innocent lives that was captured by the army, how many of them that have been killed or hang? Truth be told hanging for king is too harsh. Life in prison is manageable.
Let the courts decide on the BH suspects like the have proved with overwhelming evidence that Rev King is guilty of the crime.

2 Likes

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by KINGinVAHALA: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2016
OneManLegion:

Nah. Me na fifty minus two.
Repent and be save! Hell is real. hehehehe
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2016
FAKE RUBBISH NEWS JUST TO ATTRACT TRAFFIC TO HIS BLOG. FAKE NEWS FAKE LINKS :https://www.naij.com/745593-unbelievable-read-igbo-group-wants-fg-rev-king-death-sentence.html

FAKE RUBBISH NEWS JUST TO ATTRACT TRAFFIC TO HIS BLOG.

FAKE RUBBISH NEWS JUST TO ATTRACT TRAFFIC TO HIS BLOG.

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by OneManLegion(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

Repent and be save! Hell is real. hehehehe

Lol. Na me nor wan bag up jarey.

Though all the Vs for this deck na my friends. But at a time, a friend of a bagger is not a bagger.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by opeaceo: 10:32am On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:
There is a second thought to this...
I will never support unwarranted shedding of blood.
The judge out of hatred and unprofessionalism passed that judgement hastely and cluelessly.

You say what??

Stupidity flows in some peoples veins
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by 0955eb027(m): 10:33am On Feb 27, 2016
If t were to b a boy that stole a generator n was caught, y'all wil b in support of jungle justice o.. Justice was passed on murderer n y'all screaming its nt fair jst because he s frm a particular tribe.. I hope y'all av t in mind dt d victim s frm d same tribe so dia shud'nt b a claim dt d judgement s bias.. Cant even imagine hw u guys wud av reacted if d victim happens to b ur relative (bunch of hypocrites).. Lukin at Rev King's face sef s enof to send a cold shìver down 1s spine..
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by YourMrBoo: 10:37am On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:

You say what??

Stupidity flows in some peoples veins

In some people... In that case you are not left out...
Check yourself first... And purge yourself of ethnic bigotry.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by KINGinVAHALA: 10:37am On Feb 27, 2016
OneManLegion:

Lol. Na me nor wan bag up jarey.

Though all the Vs for this deck na my friends. But at a time, a friend of a bagger is not a bagger.
See this man o. lol.

I dey tel you mk u repent frm ur bad ways and serve God almighty in heaven with all ur heart, body nd soul just like me you dey talk anything thing. *wink*
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by opeaceo: 10:41am On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:

In some people... In that case you are not left out...
Check yourself first... And purge yourself of ethnic bigotry.

Yeah right, says the man that pleads for justice for a fellow murderer because he his from his "tribe".
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by YourMrBoo: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:

Yeah right, says the man that pleads for justice for a fellow murderer because he his from his "tribe".

Even when there is possible evidence that the acclaimed burnt was done by a generator?

The victim even made a statement before passing on

Why did the judge hastily passed on the judgement when he should have made some investigations into the said evidences at hand...

I hear you
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by opeaceo: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Even when there is possible evidence that the acclaimed burnt was done by a generator?

The victim even made a statement before passing on

Why did the judge hastily passed on the judgement when he should have made some investigations into the said evidences at hand...

I hear you

and the "evidence/s" wasn't tenable in the supreme Court??
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by Nsonso: 10:54am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
This is rubbish!

My verdict is that u, ur family and generations yet unborn will burn in HELL ETERNALLY after having suffered grievously here on earth. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by YourMrBoo: 10:56am On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:

and the "evidence/s" wasn't tenable in the supreme Court??

It was and will continue to be tenable in any court of competent jurisdictions. But because of the incompetent judge he decided to pass the judgement without proper investigations.
Thus my point of argument.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by opeaceo: 10:58am On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:

It was and will continue to be tenable in any court of competent jurisdictions. But because of the incompetent judge he decided to pass the judgement without proper investigations.
Thus my point of argument.

You know what?? Suit yourself, I wonder why the call for pardon is from a particular tribe.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by OneManLegion(m): 11:00am On Feb 27, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

See this man o. lol.

I dey tel you mk u repent frm ur bad ways and serve God almighty in heaven with all ur heart, body nd soul just like me you dey talk anything thing. *wink*

Lool. Abi na. You sef don repent? Make e no be say na devil junior brother dey do evangelism for me. Lmao.
Re: Unbelievable! Read What This Igbo Group Wants FG To Do Over Rev King Sentence by YourMrBoo: 11:02am On Feb 27, 2016
opeaceo:

You know what?? Suit yourself, I wonder why the call for pardon is from a particular tribe.

That's because shedding of unnecessary bloods is not in our culture.

In my own case. Sue yourself if you don't like it

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Wanted To Say Expended Not ‘spended’ – Dalung Clarifies / People's Trust Is A Realistic Possibility For Change In Nigeria - Olawepo Hashim / 2023 Yoruba Presidency: Sen Lawan Should Tell Us Another Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.