Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* (892 Views)

Mimiko To Blackmail Buhari To Prevail On INEC - Sahara Reporters / OSHIOMHOLE: FG Must Not Submit To Blackmail Of Niger Delta Avengers. / Nigeria To Earn N3trn Annually From Maritime Security Agency — DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by Ayire(m): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2016
FOR the trio of Usman Danmallam, Nura Giwa and
Hussaini Monguno, what might have been a
private telephone conversation exchanged
amongst friends has kept them in the custody of
the Department of State Services (DSS) for more
than a week and may ultimately lead them to jail
if prosecuted and found guilty.
The trio, according to a representative of the
security agency who spoke to the media yesterday
in Abuja, had “perfected plans to blackmail the
Director General of the DSS, Lawal Daura that he
collected N4 billion from the Governors of Akwa
Ibom, Rivers, Abia and Taraba states in order to
influence the Supreme Court judgment in their
favour.
“They were also to misinform the President and
in fact, the Nigerian public that the DG had
acquired choice properties in Maitama and
Asokoro areas of Abuja. The overall objective was
to scare the DG and put him under pressure just
for the group to extort money from him to serve
their pecuniary interest.”
The DSS representative who briefed the press,
Abdullahi Garba, had refused to disclose his name
until journalists threatened not to report matter,
said two of the suspects were arrested on
February 17, 2016 at Unguwar Sarki in Kaduna
State, while Monguno was picked in Abuja.

photo L-R: Hussaini Monguno, Mr. Usman Danmallam
and Nura Lawal, suspected blackmailers
paraded by Department of State Security Service
over the plan to blackmail the Director General
of the services in Abuja on Friday photo::
Ladidi Lucy Elukpo

source http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2016/02/dss-parades-three-over-alleged-attempt-to-blackmail-agencys-dg/

Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by tempest01(m): 9:15am On Feb 27, 2016
Seems someone is trying to cover up some bad business.

The dss insinuating that they finalized plan to blackmail, why not keep them in surveillance till they do?

These guys shouldn't be muted, and the press should enendeavour to get their story as I am sensing a plot to cover up corruption.
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by kestolove95(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2016
For wike and ikpazu to win at d supreme court...I believe dix guys ain't passionating but its d truth..moni xchange hand but mayb not within d DSS
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2016
This is one agency I respect so much.
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by vedaxcool(m): 9:39am On Feb 27, 2016
tempest01:
Seems someone is trying to cover up some bad business.

The dss insinuating that they finalized plan to blackmail, why not keep them in surveillance till they do?

These guys shouldn't be muted, and the press should enendeavour to get their story as I am sensing a plot to cover up corruption.

grin grin grin on a serious note, it takes a dumb fool to want to blackmail a DSS agent a bigger idiot to want to blackmail the numero uno of the DSS. Those 3 guys look foolish!
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by Tunami(m): 9:49am On Feb 27, 2016
my question is what if those governors were apc governors will they arrest this guys?
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by tempest01(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2016
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin on a serious note, it takes a dumb fool to want to blackmail a DSS agent a bigger idiot to want to blackmail the numero uno of the DSS. Those 3 guys look foolish!

And why are you quoting me?
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by MrKong: 10:28am On Feb 27, 2016
i hope they can look on the bright side...they are overweight already, being in prison would be like they are on a compulsory weight loss.

These are the people contributing to the hunger situation of the country. One of them fit eat like 20people food haba!

Hmmm...Buhari is working to free foods for all grin
Re: DSS Parades Three Over Alleged Attempt To Blackmail Agency’s DG *PIC* by Anticabal: 10:35am On Feb 27, 2016
Lawal daura don chop clean mouth. Come dey find scape goats to cover him track.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Ikpeazu Laments Poor State Of Federal Roads In South-east To Senate / Help!!! Osun State Govt Has Completed Plans To Sack 1,083 Workers From LAUTECH / Why I Voted For GEJ Against #change On March 28 Last Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.