Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Domain Regis & Web Hostin - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Regis & Web Hostin (747 Views)

Get Ur Free Web Design Nd Web Hostin Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Regis & Web Hostin by TonyMontana2: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2009
What d diff btw domain registration and web hosting.how can i host my website
Re: Domain Regis & Web Hostin by Afam(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2009
Tony Montana:

What d diff btw domain registration and web hosting.how can i host my website

Domain name registration is a process of registering a unique name just like a house address that points to your house (the server) where the files like text, audio, video etc that make up your website reside.

So, web hosting is the process of hosting those files on a web server.

You can host your site by registering a domain name, paying for web hosting and pointing the domain name you registered to the name servers that resolve to your website on any web server (especially if different companies are providing the 2 services).

A single company can provide the 2 services and in this case you simply pay for the domain name and web hosting plan and leave the service provider to have everything up and running.

Of course, you will still need to build your website or pay someone to do it for you.

You may learn more here - http://justwebservices.com/web/index.php
Re: Domain Regis & Web Hostin by Afam4eva(m): 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2009
Domain name is the name of the website you want to register, for example www.tonymontana.com, while web hosting makes your website to be seen on the world wide web.

You can do all this at www.internetvisa.net .It's a nigerian web hosting company.
Re: Domain Regis & Web Hostin by salviya: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2010
Try this site http://www.xnynz.com/ to get the hosting and also get the domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,

(1) (Reply)

Attaching And Reattaching Event Handlers / Posting Rights / Joomla Tinymce Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.