Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" (24277 Views)

Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark / Mikel, Others Stop Siasia From Resigning As Coach / Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by jerryfunky(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
Balkan:
Igbos that are Igbos don't quit when faced with challenges. That's what makes Igbos that are Igbos. That your name is Okechukwu does not make you Igbo.

Long live Igbos that are Igbos
what is this one saying self.... all dis Ipob youth I wonder y u r poke nosing in our internal affairs
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by maestroferddi: 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
He should keep hiis advice to himself.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by 4nobody4every1: 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
Yawns cool
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
Oliseh is good as a talker,but not a good coach.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by blackfase(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
His Naija super chickens nko, how ther mata be?
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Ibejiaku(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Going going gone
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by witorwitoutyou(m): 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
DeeTus:
He's from Argentina, not Colombia. Parkerman is not suitable for the job.
U read wetin I write at all,i said Colombia coach,does dt means he's from colombia
Meanwhile,it seems u don't knw d records of Jose perkerman,he has won u-16,U-20 world cup category with Argentines as deir head coach,he's well known for unveiling raw talent,His 2005 squad(u-20) is a livin witness,nearly took unknown colombia to d semi's at d last fifa world cup but was ousted by d host Brazil at d quarterfinal..so many can b said abt d man Jose pekerman
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by akindap07(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
You no even get shame! Failure lyk U still dey talk. #mtshewwww
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by excel101(m): 4:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
robosky02:
Seven-time African champions Egypt are beatable because they are not as good as they were four years ago, according to former Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh.

Oliseh quit as Eagles coach on Thursday after claiming several contractual breaches by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Nigeria will welcome the Pharaohs to Kaduna on March 25 in the first leg of an AFCON qualifying double header.

Oliseh quit a month to this all-important, but he has restated his belief Nigeria could triumph to get their AFCON qualifying campaign back on track.

“Egypt are not as good as they were four years ago, we can beat them,” he maintained on a radio interview Saturday morning.

He reserved his comments on the coaches who have been appointed to replace him ahead of the matches next month.

“It doesn’t matter who is there, what matters is that Nigeria advance,” he said when asked about the Samson Siasia-led coaching crew named to lead the Eagles against Egypt.

http://mtnfootball.com/news/614748/Eagles-not-good-as-four-years-ago-says-ex-Eagles-coach-Oliseh
Just yesterday u resigned ur appointment as the national team coach, u've suddenly become an adviser. If really the Egyptians are not as good as they were 4yrs ago, just like he said why then did he resigned? Wouldn't he had wanted to have it on his CV, that he defeated the Pharaoh of Egypt. Make he go sit down for one place and continue his critic role on set with Supersports analysts, cos thats what he's good @
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Nicur: 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
oliseh and mouth action is like bread and butter!! grin
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
witorwitoutyou:

U read wetin I write at all,i said Colombia coach,does dt means he's from colombia
Meanwhile,it seems u don't knw d records of Jose perkerman,he has won u-16,U-20 world cup category with Argentines as deir head coach,he's well known for unveiling raw talent,His 2005 squad(u-20) is a livin witness,nearly took unknown colombia to d semi's at d last fifa world cup but was ousted by d host Brazil at d quarterfinal..so many can b said abt d man Jose pekerman
Argentina has never won U-16 World Cup. Pekerman is only suitable for Youth Tourney.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by seaga: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
This guy is just insane, period
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Godsate: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
NFF has the major blame on this. They keep on owning both the coaches and the player. They keep on sending team for competition without adecuate finance and they have enough money to go to places that they are not required.

I don't blame Oliseh at all.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by wayodude(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
op you like kasala gist sha lol
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by MikeB3(m): 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lol.... See technical adviser o. word no sweet for your mouth! Yeye Pep Guadiola of African football, no be your fault na Amaju pinnick cause am.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by onatisi(m): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
nickyvil:
You know this, still you quit.. Abeg stop taking sapele weeds it's not good for you.
It is better he quits now and allow more competent hands handle the team and win ,rather than feel arrogant and hold the post then lose
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by hardbody: 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Whom the Gods want to destroy they first make mad......

Oliseh is a case in point.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Maybe Oliseh resigned for fear of loosing to Egypt...but wait, why should the match be taken to kaduna where security is not 100 percent guaranteed. This sensitive match is better taken to well known grounds where fans will come out in multitude to cheer SE to victory. Remember the match against Angola, NFF! When will they learn?
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by chinchum(m): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
Shut it, you lost the right to be extending advice when you chickened out at the critical time.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Doubleagent008(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
rheether:
The fool needed the 20million naira and he got it.
what are u saying now? do you have a problem with the fact that he quit or the timing of the quit? coz they aren't the same thing.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Doubleagent008(m): 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
FrancisDiote:
Maybe Oliseh resigned for fear of loosing to Egypt...but wait, why should the match be taken to kaduna where security is not 100 percent guaranteed. This sensitive match is better taken to well known grounds where fans will come out in multitude to cheer SE to victory. Remember the match against Angola, NFF! When will they learn?
I don't know you, but this kinda statement make me want to find you and share a good meal and drinks with you. people are blaming the guy that he wasn't good enough now that he has left the job they are blaming him for the timing. the same old factor remains that the NFF are a bunch of incompetent wacky brains who can't just think like humans and not idiots and get the job done. even this Siasia will still quit coz he can't do his work effectively.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Doubleagent008(m): 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
Godsate:
NFF has the major blame on this. They keep on owning both the coaches and the player. They keep on sending team for competition without adecuate finance and they have enough money to go to places that they are not required.

I don't blame Oliseh at all.
mehn are you sure you are a Nigerian coz your thinking seems brighter than an average one. Don't mind these folks blaming coaches about. A coach is responsible for the failures when all he needs to work are delivered to him not when he is owed 4-8 months salary.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by badesco(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
A person that is unfit advising somebody that is fit. Oliseh is a complete failure worst than keshi.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by robosky02(m): 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Doubleagent008:
mehn are you sure you are a Nigerian coz your thinking seems brighter than an average one. Don't mind these folks blaming coaches about. A coach is responsible for the failures when all he needs to work are delivered to him not when he is owed 4-8 months salary.

yea this are the real guys

who look at things objectively

Oliseh once said Felix Ayansi calls him on issues but this Chris Green of a guy once he is back in the technical whatever

all they think is sack sack sack

when they cant give you the material to deliver

big up Oliseh your advise shows more patrotism
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by excel101(m): 10:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
FrancisDiote:
Guy you're digressing from the topic.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by excel101(m): 10:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Doubleagent008:
I don't know you, but this kinda statement make me want to find you and share a good meal and drinks with you. people are blaming the guy that he wasn't good enough now that he has left the job they are blaming him for the timing. the same old factor remains that the NFF are a bunch of incompetent wacky brains who can't just think like humans and not idiots and get the job done. even this Siasia will still quit coz he can't do his work effectively.
Leave Siasia on this, like you said " people complained that he's not good for the job nd after he resigned, same people still complained abt the timing". What u meant in essence is dat he should be replaced. How come after his replacement u still said dat Siasia will still quit dat he can't do the job effectively?. Would an inexperienced Oliseh dat lacked human management skill be able to do better dan Siasia, i just dnt undstnd u.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by bbjummy: 11:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
What's your own again? Please be gone for good
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Doubleagent008(m): 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
excel101:
Leave Siasia on this, like you said " people complained that he's not good for the job nd after he resigned, same people still complained abt the timing". What u meant in essence is dat he should be replaced. How come after his replacement u still said dat Siasia will still quit dat he can't do the job effectively?. Would an inexperienced Oliseh dat lacked human management skill be able to do better dan Siasia, i just dnt undstnd u.
what I meant by " Siasia would still quit" is that the same problem of coach management by the NFF Will still come back. it's a merry- go round with the NFF. for me Sia1 has been the best indigenous super Eagles coach we have had- I'm a big fan. always wish the guy success. But you remember he was sacked back then right? and it wasn't his fault. NFF Came up with their jungle approach to management and organizations and poof coach Siasia sacked. let's go to Stephen keshi a coach owed 10 months salary, no official car, his coaching staff owed salaries overtime( mind u our economy wasn't in this turmoil back then) and they expend him to perform miracles and then they came up with one cock and bull story about how he breach his contract( oh cry me a river!). Oliseh is a cheap villain in this whole saga coz he is just a guy who is too guilty and sinful to coach Nigeria. from his day one he was not a fit for that job( not cause he is not good enough - that was yet to be verified as at then)- because he was 1. inexperienced 2. lacked man management skill. 3 he has not coached any big team before this. and I tell you all these have been defiled by great coaches in this fantastic game and trade. I know he has his faults. We ( adopting the opinions of the majority though I don't share them) wanted him out and now he is out we are complaining about the timing. no no no for someone you have always wanted out, you have no right to say he should not go when his services are no longer needed. I agree Oliseh may not be the best and yes he did mess issues up himself. but what I am stressing is that the NFF Has the lion share of the blame because we have Had over 5 indigenous coach and not a single one of them had a successful hitch free term without having a major disagreement with the NFF While in sharp contrast we see the while guys coming in on a platinum plated contract, mess up, get huge severance packages and the back up local coaches are sent to do the gabage clearing. If we get our NFF right, I tell you that we would be light years ahead of our current predicament. Hope u consider my views. I look forward to an objective and stimulating reply from you. cheers
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Doubleagent008(m): 11:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
Oliseh's advice at this time is definitely not sought and not appreciated. he should leave the job alone and mind his business.
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by YEBOBBY: 5:06am On Feb 28, 2016
This NFF is never serious and will NEVER be! Why Oliseh in the first place? This guy prematurely edited d national team due to gross indiscipline - what do u expect from such a value eroded?
You had a winning team in Keshi, yet searching 4 what is not missing. My expectation was to improve what was in place then - fortify Keshi's crew , improved welfare of coaches and players, explore how to be financially independent of govt fund arc.
I wonder when the national team will ever win nation a cup and get to world cup again!
Silly NFF !
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by YEBOBBY: 5:52am On Feb 28, 2016
I even suspect that this guy has health issue, asside from d fact that he is just a lousy empty barrel
Re: Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" by Raymee(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2016
nickyvil:
You know this, still you quit.. Abeg stop taking sapele weeds it's not good for you.
I don't think it has to do with weed oh. This guy maybe stubborn but I think NFF would want you to dance to their tune or you drop out & he can't take that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bash Ali Accuses Dalung's Security Men Of Brutalizing Him In Abuja (Pics) / Nigerians Berate Napoli, Rage After Club Admin Trolls Osimhen Over Penalty Miss / 4.7 Billion People Watched Euro 2020, With Over 300m Watching The Final (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.