Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Henry Okah Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Okah Released (2666 Views)

Henry Okah In Contact With October 1 Bombers - South Africa Police / Transcript Of Henry Okah's Interview On Al Jazeera / Henry Okah Arrested In South Africa For Abuja Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry Okah Released by vwvw(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
Nigerian rebel leader Henry Okah was released from jail on Monday after the government withdrew its case against him, a federal court judge said.

President Umaru Yar'Adua agreed to drop felony charges against Okah, who is the suspected leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), after the militant accepted the government's "unconditional" amnesty.

http://connectafrica./2009/07/13/mend-leader-released/
Re: Henry Okah Released by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:30am On Jul 14, 2009
MEND finally gets the last laugh grin
Re: Henry Okah Released by puskin: 4:44am On Jul 14, 2009
Don't say so yet. Relax nd watch the drama as it unfolds.
Re: Henry Okah Released by Nezan(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2009
Okah's release=bombing in Lagos
Re: Henry Okah Released by muhsin(m): 11:53am On Jul 14, 2009
It won't help any matter out, am afraid. shocked
Re: Henry Okah Released by asha80(m): 11:58am On Jul 14, 2009
Why was okah hurriedly released?Why was charges against him dropped all of a sudden?
Re: Henry Okah Released by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
asha 80:

Why was okah hurriedly released?Why was charges against him dropped all of a sudden?

I wish to know too.
Is he not the alleged terrorist?
Re: Henry Okah Released by ehisianya(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
NIGERIA IS A STAGE.

EVERY BODY ACT HIS PART AND LEAVES THE STAGE.

I NEVER TRUST NIGERIA and ITS IMPOSED LEADERS. HOW MUCH MORE POVERTY DISTRIBUTION PARTY.PDP.

LETS WATCH AND SEE. AM INTERESTED IN THIS MATTER.

The Bible says: ( when u see things of this nature happening, He that reads let him' let him understand)
Re: Henry Okah Released by asha80(m): 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

I wish to know too.
Is he not the alleged terrorist?

Well he is.Is it because the oil industry in nigeria is being crippled by mend and fg is hoping on calming the nerves of mend by releasing okah  
Re: Henry Okah Released by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
asha 80:

Well he is.Is it because the oil industry in nigeria is being crippled by mend and fg is hoping on calming the nerves of mend by releasing okah

Hes not a terrorist point of correction. hes a freeedom fighter, fighting a just cause.
asha 80:

he was only discharged and not aquitted. which in law terms could mean the case could come up again in the future.
Re: Henry Okah Released by sayso: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
This shows ho weak the Nigerian government is,Even Chad republic will not do that.
Re: Henry Okah Released by ajila03(m): 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
Make niger-delta for cool,nothing is too big to sacrifice.
Re: Henry Okah Released by muhsin(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
sayso:

This shows ho weak the Nigerian government is,Even Chad republic will not do that.

To me its not weakness but tactics.
Re: Henry Okah Released by vwvw(m): 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
grin grin the title of the drama is the ASARI syndrome. the only difference is asari went to jail first before he became a freedom fightes r. okah was a freedom fighter, jail bird, who knows what next; the government could get sinister and pai the guy
Re: Henry Okah Released by tkb417(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
they released the guy and they shelled Lagos

The President must be high on drugs
They shld have killed the baggar in detention!

Thts one man down at least
Re: Henry Okah Released by vwvw(m): 6:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
they released the guy and they shelled lagos, so much for amnesty
Re: Henry Okah Released by Tpharell: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
The man was arrested in Angola and extradited (i think) to Nigeria to face gun running charges, and now he is granted amnesty in the heat of the trial! i wonder what the Angolan government would make of that.
Re: Henry Okah Released by blacksta(m): 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
Henry okak is a FG mole - money don change hand - Go and ask asari - ever heard of a militant going abroad for medical check up.
Re: Henry Okah Released by dfanthom(m): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
this tortoise govt is certainly up to something that we'd find out in a short while. releasing the guy is surely the first step, ask asari dokubo!
i hope all this ends soon! cheesy
Re: Henry Okah Released by chusben(m): 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2009
these imposed leaders of ours have been enjoying without feeling any pains. when the oil stops flowing it will be their turn to feel the pains. MEND UNA DO WELL.
Re: Henry Okah Released by tkb417(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
Henry okak is a FG mole - money don change hand - Go and ask asari - ever heard of a militant going abroad for medical check up.

never!!! Asaris case was the first!

useless country
Re: Henry Okah Released by mafioso(m): 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
okah deserves freedom afterall he is fighting for all of us (south-south)
Re: Henry Okah Released by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:02am On Jul 15, 2009
why does Nigeria continue to negotiate with known terrorist? na wao!
Re: Henry Okah Released by Nezan(m): 12:23pm On Jul 15, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

why does Nigeria continue to negotiate with known terrorist? na wao!
Re: Henry Okah Released by vwvw(m): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2009
wink fear not the one who can kill your flesh when he takes the bread-OKAH- but rather be extremely wary of the one who destroys your mind and soul-THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, PDP, ETC wink
Re: Henry Okah Released by ocelot2006(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2009
The release of Okah will not resolve the security problem in the Niger-delta, the reason being that MEND makes a lot of profit from their nefarious activities (kidnappings, arms dealing, & oil bunkering). Apparently we've not learnt from the past where the release of Asari Dokubo led to no result. Rather, the spate of kidnappings & other acts of terror grew worse and the local economy of Rivers state crippled.

Anyway ,the govt should still stick to the deadline issued to MEND and other militant groups.
Re: Henry Okah Released by lekanfayz: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2009
i wonder if you guys read or listen to news at all.  the federal government declared amnesty for all militants who are willing to take advantage of it. henry okah simply did and that was why he was released. although i would subscribe to a total war on this guys militant/ criminals or whatevr they call themselves. let us blow them out of 9ja totally.
Re: Henry Okah Released by Izunwa(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2009
Okah is released and instead of fireworks carnival in Niger-delta there was bombing in Lagos, showin they don't even appreciate his release or rather he has no much influence on them anymore. So where is d meanin in his release? He should be recalled back. MEND should cool their heels & see wat d FG has 2offer. All dis frequent bombin and kidnappin cannot produce a conducive environment for Development. Atleast dier is Ministry of Niger-Delta.
Re: Henry Okah Released by sley4life(m): 1:56am On Jul 16, 2009
a good development indeed!
Re: Henry Okah Released by Beline(f): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2009
To some extent a greater percentage of kidnapping are not carried out by MEND but those men our so called leaders used during election. MEND are fighting FG by making sure that they disturbed the flow of oil or whatever by bombing the pipeline and so on. the so called kidnapping of government officials are being carry out by the same people they hired to fight their enemies and other issues of kidnapping are mere criminal act carried out by unlawful citizens
Re: Henry Okah Released by blackchief(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2009
My question on the development is that if this was America, would there have released Henry Okah a know terrorist and Gun runner. I hope the pple in government know what there are doing.
Re: Henry Okah Released by bigal: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2009
henry is jus one out of many in d niger delta. i tink the federal government shud b sincere wit dealin wit the regions problem.wich resourse control is the mos vital

(1) (2) (Reply)

User Names That Will Disappear After Tomorrows Election. / Boko Haram Bomb Blast In Biu, Jos Kills 3 (today) / Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.