Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,102 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice (2806 Views)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Materials Testing Laboratory( Non-deatructive Tests) Contact Us / Anambra Opens Material Testing Laboratories (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by omoola007(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
I am working on a renovation and received this notice from Lagos State Material Testing Lab.

What do I do next. I am afraid this is another egunje fiesta. No matter what they will want to extort me. The building was built in 1988 and needs major cosmetic renovation. Structurally it's very fine. We will need to do some cement patching and repair some cracks.

Has anyone dealt with them before ? What's their approach? Are they fair or just another hungry department of government.

Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by danowena: 12:07am On Feb 28, 2016
I really don't know. They seem to be agile these days. Even though I wonder what will happen if one does not go for the test,however, I am in support of the test. We need to ensure our structures are in the right standing. That way, we will rarely have news of collapsed buildings that killed innocent people.
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by rydeorsail(m): 12:17am On Feb 28, 2016
They are fair in there dealings...You go and they will come and do there test and you pay for the test...
and they give you the result after a few weeks
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by danowena: 11:51am On Feb 28, 2016
rydeorsail:
They are fair in there dealings...You go and they will come and do there test and you pay for the test...
and they give you the result after a few weeks
Plz, do you have an idea of their charges? I might just call them to conduct test on my house.
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by Dieumerci(m): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
danowena:

Plz, do you have an idea of their charges? I might just call them to conduct test on my house.
Their charges for NDT depend on the type of structure.
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by danowena: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dieumerci:

Their charges for NDT depend on the type of structure.
Could you give an example or idea?
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by twinskenny(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
the cost will be highly appreciated it too.. do they have a webpage
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by Dieumerci(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
danowena:

Could you give an example or idea?
The NDT is done majorly to storey buildings and LSMTL do their billing wrt to number of floors and size of building.
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by danowena: 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
Dieumerci:

The NDT is done majorly to storey buildings and LSMTL do their billing wrt to number of floors and size of building.
okay tanx. But how much per floor? If I have four apartments of standard 3 bedroom flats on 2 floors (ground floor and 1st floor). How much do u suppose I will pay? A rough estimate will suffice.
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by rydeorsail(m): 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
between 100-150k will suffice.
did 2 mini duplex for 70k
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by Dieumerci(m): 11:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
danowena:

okay tanx. But how much per floor? If I have four apartments of standard 3 bedroom flats on 2 floors (ground floor and 1st floor). How much do u suppose I will pay? A rough estimate will suffice.
Take the notice they gave to you to their office or check the back of the notice for any phone number.
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by Dieumerci(m): 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
rydeorsail:
For the 2 mini duplex, was it NDT you did or you invited them from foundation stage?
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by rydeorsail(m): 12:04am On Feb 29, 2016
Dieumerci:

For the 2 mini duplex, was it NDT you did or you invited them from foundation stage?

IT was NDT for the beams,pillars and slab
Re: Lagos Material Testing Laboratory Notice by danowena: 4:32am On Feb 29, 2016
rydeorsail:

rydeorsail:

IT was NDT for the beams,pillars and slab

Tanx. This is very helpful.

(1) (Reply)

A 3-bedroom Bungalow For Sale @ Lugbe - Abuja. / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / Beautiful Architectural Designs For Prospective Home Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.