Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? (2714 Views)

FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
The defunct ministries of Works, Housing and Power have since been merged under a single ministry currently headed by that former sanitisation governor - Fashola.

I am questioning the rational of merging these three ministries since Nigeria is facing serious challenges and deficits in these sectors.

Won't it be better if these three ministries were left on their own?

Don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter of small govt and openly accepted the last administration effort at rwducing the number of ministries.

Instead of merging these three ministries why not merge Ministry of communications with information?

The ministry of tourism ought to be scrapped as well as that of Youth and Women Affairs which can be under ministry of Education.

I just feel that the new ministry under Fashola is to darn big.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by aresa: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
The defunct ministries of Works, Housing and Power have since been merged under a single ministry currently headed by that former sanitisation governor - Fashola.

I am questioning the rational of merging these three ministries since Nigeria is facing serious challenges and deficits in these sectors.

Won't it be better if these three ministries were left on their own?

Don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter of small govt and openly accepted the last administration effort at rwducing the number of ministries.

Instead of merging these three ministries why not merge Ministry of communications with information?

The ministry of tourism ought to be scrapped as well as that of Youth and Women Affairs which can be under ministry of Education.

I just feel that the new ministry under Fashola is to darn big.

What did Nigerians gained under crooked and corrupt Jona when they were not joined together. NOTHING bit looting and stealing.

Worry about IPod and leave Nigeria for Nigerians to worry about..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by Luckylife(m): 6:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Confused man is always confused

2 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by princefunmmy(m): 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
Na now you just dey boot about the merging of those ministries?
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by Redoil: 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
Foolishness is the hall mark and trade mark of apc and their idiotic minions who have been working harder round the clock to dethron the devil

7 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:

What did Nigerians gained under crooked and corrupt Jona when they were not joined together. NOTHING bit looting and stealing.

Worry about IPod and leave Nigeria for Nigerians to worry about..

The reduction of ministries and scrapping of some MDAs was initiated by the Jonathan administration which commissioned the Steven Orunsanye panel to look at reducing the number of ministries.

Your Buhari took that report, turned it on its head and implemented rubbish.

Rubbish in the fact that you have 36 ministers in this new govt with some not having portfolios.

With respect to your IPOB classification, I will stop commenting on nijeriya when you fools find a way of ruining your useless country further only after you find an alternative to funding your parasitic nation without my oyel

9 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by aresa: 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

The reduction of ministries and scrapping of some MDAs was initiated by the Jonathan administration which commissioned the Steven Orunsanye panel to look at reducing the number of ministries.

Rubbish in the fact that you have 36 ministers in this new govt with some not having portfolios.

With respect to your IPOB classification, I will stop commenting on nijeriya when you fools find a way of ruining your useless country only after you find an alternative to finding your parasitic nation without my oyel

Fool

Just like the millions of committee reports he flushed inside toilet without lifting a finger while he condoned and supervised wholesale looting and stealing..

He was grossly incompetent hence not doing anything about everything..
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by kingofchess(m): 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
buhari is confused.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:

Just like the millions of committee reports he flushed inside toilet without lifting a finger while he condoned and supervised wholesale looting and stealing..

And your ever competent Buhari who put pen to paper to a budget he did not even bother to read?

Guy, your Buhari is the epitome of foolishness.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by chubhiee: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
How dare you question the ancient wisdom of supreme leader Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by Standing5(m): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
There is wisdom in it. Duplication is stopped. It becomes easier to scruttinize ond ministry etc
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by omoigbomina(m): 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

With respect to your IPOB classification, I will stop commenting on nijeriya when you fools find a way of ruining your useless country further only after you find an alternative to funding your parasitic nation without my oyel

Fool
pls can you tell me one minister without portfolio?
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 6:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
omoigbomina:
pls can you tell me one minister without portfolio?

Do the math.

This week, perhaps on this very Wednesday that you are reading this, President Muhammadu Buhari would assign portfolios to the ones that must be considered lucky of the 36 ministers-designate. There have been media reports of anxiety among the ministers-to-be as to which of them would be lucky to be assigned portfolios. This followed the President’s remark that not all of the 36 would be assigned offices. While the Constitution recommends that the presidential cabinet must have at least one minister from each of the 36 states of the warped federation that is Nigerian, the president argues the Constitution does not compel him to assign portfolios to all of them. This is Buhari’s not-too-ingenious way of keeping to his promise to run a lean administration while respecting the constitutional stipulation of one minister per state.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/buharis-ministers-without-portfolios/
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by aresa: 6:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

And your ever competent Buhari who put pen to paper to a budget he did not even bother to read?

Guy, your Buhari is the epitome of foolishness.

We thank God that the same padding, looting and stealing budget they passed under GEJ for so many years is now a thing of the past, thanks to #CHANGE and the padding offenders are looking at kirikiri..

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:

We thank God that the same padding, looting and stealing budget they passed under GEJ for so many years is now a thing of the past, thanks to #CHANGE and the padding offenders are looking at kirikiri..

Keep deceiving yourself

The 2016 budget was and still remains the biggest fraud ever. Even your apc legislators could not defend or hide it.

Or have you had such rubbish presented as budget in the past?

Has there been any time a minister denied his or her own budget?

The scandal shows a desperate and I'll attempt at stealing

Make una go learn from PDP masters.

FG no be Osun state

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by appini: 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Paddy paddy budget.

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by aresa: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
[s]
TheDevilIsALai:

Keep deceiving yourself

The 2016 budget was and still remains the biggest fraud ever. Even your apc legislators could not defend or hide it.

FG no be Osun state
[/s]

Rubbish....

2016 budget is yet to be passed and not even 1 kobo of it is spent so what fraud are you crying about? Is this ignorance or just the usual IPOD rant?

This is not Jona's looting and sharing #DASUKIGATE government so stop vibrating..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Rubbish....

2016 budget is yet to be passed and not even 1 kobo of it is spent so what fraud are you crying about? Is this ignorance or just the usual IPOD rant?

This is not Jona's looting and sharing #DASUKIGATE government so stop vibrating..

And it will never be passed until your thieving hypocrites in Aso Rock remove every fraud and attempt at stealing from it.

A Govt that can't articulate it's spending proposal can never be trusted in appropriating it rightly.

If you like Deflect to Jonathan but that won't do anything about your messiah's foolish attempt at looting.

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by Henovy: 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:

Ehen now. Why do you think he was referred to as ineffectual buffon?
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by springer: 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Present situation of my country does not suit the mergin. Power should stand alone for now. Housing can be merged with works.
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by ElCule: 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Rubbish....

Jonathan was corupt for budgeting N1billion for feeding in Aso rock. What do we call Buhari for budgeting N1.7billion for the same purpose?

Answer the question on a postcart.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by Henovy: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Keep deceiving yourself

FG no be Osun state
That is the handiwork of corrupt civil servants which has now been bursted. Next year's budget will be flawless.
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by tpiar: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
why would the ministry of tourism be scrapped?

what a strange post.

Are you joking?
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by aresa: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
[s]
TheDevilIsALai:

And it will never be passed until your thieving hypocrites in Aso Rock remove every fraud and attempt at stealing from it.

A Govt that can't articulate it's spending proposal can never be trusted in appropriating it rightly.

If you like Deflect to Jonathan but that won't do anything about your messiah's foolish attempt at looting.
[/s]

The same padding and looting budgets were past for 5 years under Jona with zero question asked, but won't under PMB regardless so what;s your silly point?
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by Henovy: 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
ElCule:
Jonathan was corupt for budgeting N1billion for feeding in Aso rock. What do we call Buhari for budgeting N1.7billion for the same purpose?

Answer the question on a postcart.
That has been corrected.
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
Henovy:

That has been corrected.

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by omoigbomina(m): 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Do the math.

by my calculation all the minister had been assigned portfolio
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
tpiar:
why would the ministry of tourism be scrapped?

what a strange post.

Are you joking?

Nobody visits Nigeria for holidays.

Take whatever is left of tourism ministry and put it under Trade ministry as a department or commission.
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
omoigbomina:
by my calculation all the minister had been assigned portfolio

Your calculation is irrelevant as the President has since declared that not all ministers will be assigned portfolios
Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

The same padding and looting budgets were past for 5 years under Jona with zero question asked, but won't under PMB regardless so what;s your silly point?

Keep deceiving yourself with your own foolish lies.

1 Like

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by ElCule: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Henovy:

That has been corrected.
you have not answered the question. Is budgeting 1.7billion for feeding coruption or not?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Not Foolish To Merge Power, Housing And Works Ministries? by tpiar: 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Nobody visits Nigeria for holidays.

Take whatever is left of tourism ministry and put it under Trade ministry as a department or commission.

In case you dont know, tourism is built on the premise of attracting people to go somewhere, not waiting for you to visit Nigeria for holidays.

As per putting tourism under trade, while there is a link, trade is much broader than tourism alone. And to think you opened the thread to critique something else? Or you are just trying to drum up traffic?

and what about this:

Youth and Women Affairs which can be under ministry of Education.

are you joking?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Technically PDP Has No Governorship Candidate / Buhari: 5 Things I Can't Give Militants- Naij.com / Nigerian Boko Haram Recruiter Okoh Godwin Arrested In Senegal - Associated Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.