Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others (627 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Face10: An Alternative Facebook App For All Blackberry 10 Users And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by olarhtunji(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
This is an everlasting blow on all blackberry users not just
blackberry users but to all windows phone 7.1 users because
WhatsApp have announced to discontinue supports for all
version of Blackberry OS including Blackberry OS 10 and older version of blackberry devices and to those Android still
running OS 2.1 and 2.2.

WhatsApp earlier this week celebrated 7years of existence and therefore announce that the following devices will no longer offer the kind of capabilities that WhatsApp requires to expand their app’s features in the future.

BlackBerry, including BlackBerry 10

-Nokia S40

-Nokia Symbian S60

-Android 2.1 and Android 2.2

-Windows Phone 7.1

This explains one of the reasons why Blackberry wants to
dump Blackberry OS to Android OS. So if you are still using
any of the above devices, its time to be planning on getting an iPhone or Android devices. Hence, Blackberry users sorry to blow you right in the eye because there is no future for
Blackberry Phones running on Blackberry OS.

Those of you still running Android 2.1 and 2.2 OS, your next
neighbor shouldn’t know that’s what you are running before
you’ll entirely disappoint Android family. Nokia S60 and S40
users, Infinix Hot 3 is about to be launch at a more cheaper
price, hence its advisable you get yourself one before the end of the year.

cc- ujsizzle lalasticlala mynd44 abeg let them know before its too late so they won't say we did not tell them

www.gltrends.com/whatsapp-to-discontinue-supports-for-all-blackberry-devices-others/

Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by Hassan080196(m): 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by MizTyna(f): 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
shocked sad
Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by Heshei: 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
Before they do ... so many BB folks would add a good android phone to their list of phone ..as for me I root for gionee.
Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by Chazzyboy: 1:51am On Feb 28, 2016
Its unfair
Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by olarhtunji(m): 6:18am On Feb 28, 2016
Chazzyboy:
Its unfair
eeya Oya kum n take #10 for baba dudu
Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by Iybee07: 11:22am On Feb 28, 2016
I blame them? undecided undecidedImagine the rubbish. I use a BlackBerry 10 device and really do not give a flying rat ass about WhatsApp. I've got BBM.
Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by olarhtunji(m): 11:31am On Feb 28, 2016
Iybee07:
I blame them? undecided undecidedImagine the rubbish. I use a BlackBerry 10 device and really do not give a flying rat ass about WhatsApp. I've got BBM.

take it easy
Re: Whatsapp To Discontinue Support For All Blackberry Devices And Others by jericco1(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
Thank God

(1) (Reply)

Android Fone For 15k / Meizu Launches New Smartphone MX5E With Attractive Features / How To Increse My RAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.