Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,684 members, 7,837,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? (888 Views)

Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! / Igbokwenu’s Hygienically Packaged Yellow Garri Now In Shoprite / Tomatoes And Garri Now The Most Expensive Food Item (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by v4victory(f): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
A lot of families that I know in this country drinks garri as their lunch but since the out brake of lasser fever
they don't drink the usual garri that used to be their lunch anymore . And it becomes hard for the parent to provide lunch for their family, cos frankly speaking it is not easy for some families to provide three square nutritious meal for their kids.

so am here to know how far about lasser fever in my country Nigeria. Has it gone out of Nigeria? or is just hiding and waiting to take garri drinking fans unaware?.
please let me know the situation so that I can tell my pips to start their normal affordable meal of garri and groundnut .
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by pharmagba: 11:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
v4victory:
A lot of families that I know in this country drinks garri as their lunch but since the out brake of lasser fever
they don't drink the usual garri that used to be their lunch anymore . And it becomes hard for the parent to provide lunch for their family, cos frankly speaking it is not easy for some families to provide three square nutritious meal for their kids.

so am here to know how far about lasser fever in my country Nigeria. Has it gone out of Nigeria? or is just hiding and waiting to take garri drinking fans unaware?.
please let me know the situation so that I can tell my pips to start their normal affordable meal of garri and groundnut .
It is not the garri that causes lassa fever. Garri was implicated in the saga because of the way we process and store it by drying it on floor, by the road side in sacks etc. It is possible that in the processing or storage this 21 breasted rat that causes lassa fever had visited the garri and passed it feaces or urinate on the garri. Until you are sure of the processing and storage of garri you got to hold on. Ironically non of us is sure of the processing whether or not these rat had visiTed our most famous staple food
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by brodalikeme(m): 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
Drank some this afternoon and still happy with myself #Garri+Coldwater+Biscuit
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by yomi007k(m): 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
No oo

Send all ur garri to me for testing/tasting.
tongue
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by Skillfullulu(m): 12:54am On Feb 28, 2016
Chai... How many days now wey garri don dey hungry u. #ibile
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by seemples(f): 8:47am On Feb 28, 2016
They said the virus can't survive above 50°C...
Someone else suggested refrying after purchase from the market...

And there above lies your solution @OP....drink away! smiley
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by chayoski: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Laser or no laser, my rummie no take break o. She dey ride on since like she didn't even hear of the laser info... #Ilikegethermind
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by v4victory(f): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
@pharmagba, thanks I understand, just that I only heard about the sudden appearance of lasser fever in Nigeria but I have not heard about its disapearance.
And I have already instructed some people who have no clue about lasser fever to be careful with drinking of garri cos ladder is around.

@ skillfullulu, hahahahahah, you don't know that drinking of garri is good to cut down the cost of feeding a whole family three times a day.
Re: Can We Start Drinking Garri Now? by v4victory(f): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
chayoski:
Laser or no laser, my rummie no take break o. She dey ride on since like she didn't even hear of the laser info... #Ilikegethermind
hahahahahah this is very funny.
Deases no dey carry de kill students simply because the Lord is their Shepherd they shall not want cos garrison is their manna in time of hunger.

(1) (Reply)

How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge / Demon Biscuits For Sale / Christmas Cake Sales in Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.