Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,127 members, 7,863,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:03 AM

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (64451 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2016
shumuel:

Answer the questions simple and neat, i don't have time for epistles, a wise man don't drop ecslycopidias to prove a point, he says but a few words''Proverbs'' but they are oceans in the hearts of men,, so answer me quick and fast i don't have time to waste.
AND I INSIST YOU MUST PICK YOUR QUESTIONS ONE AFTER THE OTHER.
YOU CAN'T JUST THROW QUESTIONS THAT WAY.
SELECT YOUR FIRST QUESTION AND ASK IF YOU PLEASE!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chukazu: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
snailspeed:

What do you mean by my own definition? The new testament or new covenant came into place by the death and resurrection of Jesus. Please do read your bible so we don't need to go back to such basics

pick up your bible and read the "intro"
before you get to Genesis, try to read the intro of how the bible came about, then you will know what is new testament.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2016
dearpreye:

Effectively the NT started from Matthew 27, not Chapter 1.

Yes,according to him undecided
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by shumuel(m): 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

AND I INSIST YOU MUST PICK YOUR QUESTIONS ONE AFTER THE OTHER.
YOU CAN'T JUST THROW QUESTIONS THAT WAY.
SELECT YOUR FIRST QUESTION AND ASK IF YOU PLEASE!

Kikiki Lol grin mtcheeeeew undecided don't worry joor! i had already proved my point and knew the truth before asking you my questions, i knew you would shy(run) away from them.

May God help those who had been fooled by your book tongue and have mercy upon them sad.

Your idealogy is same with that of a farmer who refused to teal the land and sow seed but expected a bountiful harvest, hunger would soon make him wise,, its not that the land would not bear forth fruit, it would and it will be as high as the sky but a corruptable weed would it be, one that would profit no good, it shall attract beasts and dangerous animals both of the field and of the sky, it would be a den for theives, and all shall be a snear to the farmer, and at the end he shall spend even that which he has not to fend away these pestilence that had befell him and by then his strength shall fail him, he shall do all he can to beg the reproch away from him but it shall consume him for he had fail to listen to the law, he and his household shall suffer his stvpidity for he has play the fool, and except he repent his ways he shall indeed perish, a word is eneough for the wish, i have spoken.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
Chukazu:

pick up your bible and read the "intro"
before you get to Genesis, try to read the intro of how the bible came about, then you will know what is new testament.

What is intro? What intro are you talking about? Please ask questions so you can learn. And read Hebrews 9:16-28 to understand what a testament is.

You are taking us back to primary one
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

Please do try and learn. It isnt about who wins the argument. When we argue politics and other secular issues, we can try to win an argument but this is different. Open your heart and learn. Read Hebrews 9:16-28 to understand what a testament is. This is very basic. The new testament came into place when Jesus rose from the dead. If you dont know this, then I will have to question your basic understanding of scriptures. If you dont know this, then you really are not qualified to debate other scriptural topics like tithing

Hebrews 9:16-28King James Version (KJV)

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Mokuwe: 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
I pay my tithe and the Lord has been faithful to all His promises. Either you believe it or not, it is working for tus who do.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
shumuel:

Kikiki Lol grin mtcheeeeew undecided don't worry joor! i had already proved my point and knew the truth before answering you my questions, i knew you would shy(run) away from them.

May God help those who had been fooled by your book tongue and have mercy upon them sad.

Your idealogy is same with that of a farmer who refused to teal the land and sow seed but expected a bountiful harvest, hunger would soon make him wise,, its not that the land would not bear fruit, it would and it will be as high the sky but a currptible weed would it be, one that would profit not good, it would attract beast and dangerous animals both of the field and of the sky, it would be a den for theives, and all shall be a snear to the farmer, and at the end he shall spend even that which he has not to fend away these pestilence that had befell him and by then his strength shall fail him, he shall do all he can to beg the reproch away from him but it shall consume him for he had fail to listen to the law, he and his household shall suffer his stvpidity, and except he repent his ways he shall indeed perish, a word is eneough for the wish, i have spoken.
WELL, I DIDN'T READ THAT.
I TOLD YOU I WAS READY FOR YOUR QUESTIONS (SILLY ONES INCLUDED).
It'll be no use packing the questions in one place.
I don't make "beer parlour" argumentsgrin
I'm not given to mediocrity.
I'M A PROFESSIONAL SO WHEN IT COMES TO ARGUMENTS I COOK WITH GAS.
WHEN YOU ARE READY, TELL ME!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

Not according to him. It's the whole truth.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Mokuwe:
I pay my tithe and the Lord has been faithful to all His promises. Either you believe it or not, it is working for tus who do.

When some of you say this, it makes me wonder because millions of people who dont pay their tithes also prosper daily. God's blessing is not tied to paying your tithe. What tithe did Adam and Eve pay? What tithe did Enoch, Noah pay? Abraham paid tithe only once in his life and it wasnt even from his own property. Isaac did not pay tithes. Jacob had to make a vow to God when he was in trouble and say, if you bless me, I will give a tenth to you. Jacob didnt say, I will give to you so you can bless me. The blessing wasnt because Jacob gave. The Jews effectively started to pay tithes when Moses established the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

for the sake of argument please produce that passage again for all to read.
And then underline the place he said so.
I dey wait.

Dee235:
Despite the so many scripture verses from the writer he forgot this verse about what Jesus said about Tithe.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Emphasis on: and not to leave the other undone.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
snailspeed:

Please do try and learn. It isnt about who wins the argument. When we argue politics and other secular issues, we can try to win an argument but this is different. Open your heart and learn. Read Hebrews 9:16-28 to understand what a testament is. This is very basic. The new testament came into place when Jesus rose from the dead. If you dont know this, then I will have to question your basic understanding of scriptures. If you dont know this, then you really are not qualified to debate other scriptural topics like tithing

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

I asked you a question that you haven't been able to answer.

If you say Christ was referring to pharisees alone and that such doesn't apply to Christians, that also means that every other things Christ said to the pharisees cannot and wil not apply to us right?

That simply means that if christ said to the pharisees not to commit SIN ;that automatically excludes us,since we are not pharisees but Christians.?

That means we can go ahead and commit sin?
Please do reply undecided
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dee235:

Dee235:
Despite the so many scripture verses from the writer he forgot this verse about what Jesus said about Tithe.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

That is not a commandment or instruction for you to pay tithe. He was talking to the pharisees who were still under the law of Mosesat the time. He was telling them to pay tithe. He was saying you are not wrong to pay tithe but you must do the more important things. Of course, they were not wrong to pay tithes because they were under the law of Moses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

I asked you a question that you haven't been able to answer.

If you say Christ was referring to pharisees alone and that such doesn't apply to Christians, that also means that every other things Christ said to the pharisees cannot and wil not apply to us right?

That simply means that if christ to the pharisees not to commit SIN ;that automatically excludes us,since we are not pharisees but Christians.?

That means we can go ahead and commit sin?
Please do reply undecided

Honestly and with all due respect you are not even making sense. Can you read your post again. Maybe you can rephrase it to make sense and I will gladly respond
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

New Living Translation right?
How does: YOU SHOULD TITHE imply that Jesus said that tithing is mandatory?
What it simply means is: LOOK, I'M NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD NOT TITHE, BUT PAY ATTENTION TO IMPORTANT THINGS!
Now if Jesus said that someone should eat, should that imply that Jesus said that it is mandatory the person ate?
Relate it to the washing of the back of cups practised by the Jews, if Jesus told them: YOU SHOULD WASH THE BACK OF YOUR CUPS, YES, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, WASH THE INSIDE, should that mean that Jesus is endorsing washing the back of cups?
Please read the Bible with understanding!

For better understanding of that passage, read also from other versions:

New International Version

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

New Living Translation

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

English Standard Version

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

Berean Study Bible

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You pay tithes of mint, dill, and cummin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Berean Literal Bible

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have neglected the weightierthingsof the Law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. It behooved you to do these, and not to be leaving aside those.

New American Standard Bible

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.

King James Bible

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightiermattersof the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. These things should have been done without neglecting the others.

International Standard Version

"How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your mint, dill, and cummin, but have neglected the more important matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These are the things you should have practiced, without neglecting the others.

NET Bible

"Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You give a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you neglect what is more important in the law--justice, mercy, and faithfulness! You should have done these things without neglecting the others.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, imposters! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin and you forsake the weighty things of the law: Justice, mercy and faith! It is necessary for you to do these things and you should not forsake them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

"How horrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give [God] one-tenth of your mint, dill, and cumin. But you have neglected justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These are the most important things in Moses' Teachings. You should have done these things without neglecting the others.

THANK ME LATER!

Ehen e be like say you don dey bend small, small, small.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Skills10: 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
A spiritual Jew? lol. we are only sharing knowledge of the word of God. How do you read in Spirit? Im not intoxicating anyone. God has given you and I a responsibility to study his word. When you decide to empty your mind, prayerfully study God's word and understand the book of romans, Galatians, Hebrews then you will understand what we are saying. Paul the Apostle declared the whole counsel of God. They were all inspired by the Holy Spirit to write down these words. the mode of Giving for Christians is written in 1 Cor 16:1-2, and 2 Cor 9: 1-8.

Cheers.

fairheven:
Y

My friend am a spiritual jew,I don't know about you. You only read the bible in the flesh and run to social media to intoxicate the gullible. Please read your bible in English, read in Greek and read in the "spirit"
Before jumping to conclusions.. "Deep calls unto DEEP" ... Deep doesn't call unto "shallow" undecided

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by shumuel(m): 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

WELL, I DIDN'T READ THAT.
I TOLD YOU I WAS READY FOR YOUR QUESTIONS (SILLY ONES INCLUDED).
It'll be no use packing the questions in one place.
I don't make "beer parlour" argumentsgrin
I'm not given to mediocrity.
I'M A PROFESSIONAL SO WHEN IT COMES TO ARGUMENTS I COOK WITH GAS.
WHEN YOU ARE READY, TELL ME!

kikiki Lol grin this is your third reply but you kept on acting as if i haven't asked you a question but i need not your answers, i already told you, the wise ones don't go about dropping epistles to prove a point, the say but a few words and it is as an ocean in the heart of the wise smiley and there after they look at you like this undecided if you keep trying to hide away from your mistakes because its foolish to say more, why because it is wise to leave when the applause his high cheesy Bye!... I don waka, the wise ones would see my mentions, read it and be blessed. wink
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
New International Version
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
New Living Translation
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.
English Standard Version
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
Berean Study Bible
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You pay tithes of mint, dill, and cummin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Berean Literal Bible
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have neglected the weightierthingsof the Law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. It behooved you to do these, and not to be leaving aside those.
New American Standard Bible
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.
King James Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightiermattersof the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. These things should have been done without neglecting the others.
International Standard Version
"How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your mint, dill, and cummin, but have neglected the more important matters of the Law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These are the things you should have practiced, without neglecting the others.
NET Bible
"Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You give a tenth of mint, dill, and cumin, yet you neglect what is more important in the law--justice, mercy, and faithfulness! You should have done these things without neglecting the others.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, imposters! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin and you forsake the weighty things of the law: Justice, mercy and faith! It is necessary for you to do these things and you should not forsake them.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
"How horrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You give [God] one-tenth of your mint, dill, and cumin. But you have neglected justice, mercy, and faithfulness. These are the most important things in Moses' Teachings. You should have done these things without neglecting the others.
New American Standard 1977
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others.
Jubilee Bible 2000
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin and have omitted that which is more important of the law: judgment, mercy, and faith; these were expedient for ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
King James 2000 Bible
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, justice, mercy, and faith: these ought you to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
American King James Version
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought you to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
American Standard Version
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye tithe mint and anise and cummin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law, justice, and mercy, and faith: but these ye ought to have done, and not to have left the other undone.
Douay-Rheims Bible
Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites; because you tithe mint, and anise, and cummin, and have left the weightier things of the law; judgment, and mercy, and faith. These things you ought to have done, and not to leave those undone.
Darby Bible Translation
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye pay tithes of mint and anise and cummin, and ye have left aside the weightier matters of the law, judgment and mercy and faith: these ye ought to have done and not have left those aside.
English Revised Version
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye tithe mint and anise and cummin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law, judgment, and mercy, and faith: but these ye ought to have done, and not to have left the other undone.
Webster's Bible Translation
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint, and anise, and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ye ought to have done, and not to leave the others undone.
Weymouth New Testament
"Alas for you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for you pay the tithe on mint, dill, and cumin, while you have neglected the weightier requirements of the Law--just judgement, mercy, and faithful dealing. These things you ought to have done, and yet you ought not to have left the others undone.
World English Bible
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone.
Young's Literal Translation
Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye give tithe of the mint, and the dill, and the cumin, and did neglect the weightier things of the Law -- the judgment, and the kindness, and the faith; these it behoved you to do, and those not to neglect.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND, TAKE IT ONE AFTER THE OTHER.
I'VE REALLY GOT TIME FOR YOU, DON'T PANIC!
Now select your first question!

Sorry sir, I forgot to ask you if you were born again? Sir, are you born again?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dee235:

Dee235:

THIS MATTER HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AD NAUSEAM PLEASE.
REFER TO THE COMMENTS I ADDRESSED IT!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
snailspeed:

That is not a commandment or instruction for you to pay tithe. He was talking to the pharisees who were still under the law of Mosesat the time. He was telling them to pay tithe. He was saying you are not wrong to pay tithe but you must do the more important things. Of course, they were not wrong to pay tithes because they were under the law of Moses

This is getting interesting.
At first the OP said it is not writing, now we have shown you pple were it's written even in new testament, next you said is not the beginning of new testament? Next you you said he wasn't talking to Christians but but jew?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

THIS MATTER HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AD NAUSEAM PLEASE.
REFER TO THE COMMENTS I ADDRESSED IT!

Okay, thanks. But I would like to know if you are born again through the blood of Jesus Christ?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dee235:

Sorry sir, I forgot to ask you if you were born again? Sir, are you born again?
YOU'LL MARVEL WHEN I'LL TREAT THAT MATTER NEXT SUNDAY EXPOSING YOUR COMPLETE IGNORANCE AS TO WHAT IT MEANS TO BE BORN AGAIN BESIDES THE EMPTY CHANTS OF YOUR MONEY-EYED PASTORS.
Before then, what do you understand by being born again?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dee235:

Okay, thanks. But I would like to know if you are born again through the blood of Jesus Christ?
TODAY'S THREAD: TITHE.
BEER PARLOUR ARGUMENT NOT ALLOWED HERE!
I'LL TREAT THAT TOPIC NEXT SUNDAY.
STICK AROUND!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

YOU'LL MARVEL WHEN I'LL TREAT THAT MATTER NEXT SUNDAY EXPOSING YOUR COMPLETE IGNORANCE AS TO WHAT IT MEANS TO BE BORN AGAIN BESIDES THE EMPTY CHANTS OF YOUR MONEY-EYED PASTORS.
Before then, what do you understand by being born again?

Sir, I asked if you were born again through the blood of Jesus Christ? I expected an answer like yes, or no, or am not sure. Instead you turned around and asked me another question.

You are not forthright.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

At first the OP said it is not writing, now we have shown you pple were it's written even in new testament, next you said is not the beginning of new testament? Next you you said he wasn't talking to Christians but but jew?

Really funny on the shift of base. For those who I could not reply their comments please forgive me, as I was trying to pursue the big fish LEGALAide.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

DOES IT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK?
CONTROVERT THE POST WITH A STRONG ARGUMENT!
STOP GETTING CHOKED UP ALREADY!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dee235:

Really funny on the shift of base. For those who I could not reply their comments please forgive me, as I was trying to pursue the big fish LEGALAide.
LOLZ.
PURSUE THE BIG FISH.
WETIN PERSON NO GO HEAR?
EVEN WITHOUT MAKING SENSE!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

I think you should read along and not just reply.

Matthew 23:23 is not new testament. That it is placed in bible arrangement by publishers in a section called the new testament does not make it new testament. The new testament started when Jesus, the testator, rose from the dead. Please lets get things really straight and proper

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
Dee235:

Sir, I asked if you were born again through the blood of Jesus Christ? I expected an answer like yes, or no, or am not sure. Instead you turned around and asked me another question.

You are not forthright.
I DO NOT ATTEND TO USELESS QUESTIONS.
EVER BEEN TO A DEBATE?
TACKLE THE ISSUE AT HAND!
COZ I'VE GOT SOME OFF-THE-WALL QUESTIONS TO ASK YOU TOO.
BUT IT'S DUMB TO DERAIL IN AN ARGUMENT, HELLOOOO, YOU GOT ME?
MAYBE YOU LACK WHAT TO SAY, AND THINKING THAT YOU'D SCORE SOME POINTS BY ASKING SOME CARELESS QUESTIONS.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
snailspeed:

Honestly and with all due respect you are not even making sense. Can you read your post again. Maybe you can rephrase it to make sense and I will gladly respond

You said the instruction to pay tithe was meant for Christians but pharisees, didn't you?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by flamingREED(m): 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
snailspeed:

I think you should read along and not just reply.

Matthew 23:23 is not new testament. That it is placed in bible arrangement by publishers in a section called the new testament does not make it new testament. The new testament started when Jesus, the testator, rose from the dead. Please lets get things really straight and proper

Alright.
When were the gospels written?

Second, what makes a testament?

A) what the testator said before his death which later comes into force
B) what he says after his resurrection

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Oyedepo Kneeling Down Before Adeboye / “Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.