Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,181 members, 7,845,878 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Travel Protocols Wanted - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Travel Protocols Wanted (829 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Protocols Wanted by cutedoll: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2009
Cld N/Lers kindly explain what this job entails?
How lucrative it is?
The pay?
Advantages as well as its disadvantages?
Qualifications required,
Appreciating ur timely contributons from experienced and those dat know whats about.
Reply needed b4 i can throw details of the vacancy in the open , needed to know cos i might also be interested
cheers
Re: Travel Protocols Wanted by eShegz(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
This position i believe basically entails planning and organizing the logistics of movement and comfort of personnel and associated stakeholders (i.e Expatriates, top management staff, government functionaries) in an organization both within and outside the country. In my former organization (Blue Chip FMCG), the position is an integral part of the Corporate Affairs Unit, and the Protocol Officer performs amongst many other functions:

1. Liaising with the various embassies on behalf of the organization. He is actually the "face" of the company with all the embassies. His signature is known and he is the first port of call whenever the embassies wants to get in touch with the organization.
2. Helping in the purchase of Air Tickets for staff.
3. Helping in the booking of hotels for personnel on official duties and also expatriates both within and outside the country.
4. Assisting in easing the expatriates and management staff's traveling worries at the Airport. (He actually welcomes them to the country, practically
see to their settling in comfortably and also sees to their safe departure)
5. Assisting in procuring Passports and other travel documents for personnel and associated stakeholders.
6. Ensuring that the corporate organisation maintains a visible presence at the various airports via both above and below the line adverts.
7. Establishing an enduring relationship with travelling agencies, Airlines, NDLEA, Immigration officers at the Airport and Seaport, Customs.
and all other duty assigned.

I must quickly state that the job requires someone who is quite agile, quick on the uptake, level headed, a fine communicator, of pleasant disposition and quite healthy. I think it's man's job cause of the need to jump on the road at any time of the day (And that is not occasional!), but a single strong lady too could take a shot!
The main beats of the protocol officer is basically the Airport ( Personnel) and the Seaport (For cargoes) sometimes!
Re: Travel Protocols Wanted by eShegz(m): 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
Lucrative? A job is as lucrative as the financial strength of the organization really. However, whoever is being offered such a position should not earn a paltry sum as he/she will need to look presentable, Don't forget i mentioned the person as being the ambassador of the organization. An official car is a must please!
The pay? Anything above N150k per month is okay, plus the usual benefits u know (inconveniences allowance e.t.c) Really, its part of the corporate identity of the organization.
The advantages are numerous, particularly for someone who is not a desk person( i raise my hand),one also get to do a whole lot of spontaneous and impromptu presentation about the company, the locality, the state and the country at large. Hence a protocol manager must be well informed and widely read! Another advantage is that one has the opportunity of meeting so many people and forging eternal relationships both for oneself and for the organisation.
The disadvantages like i mentioned earlier is that the job has no "startend" period. One could be summoned at anytime and where one has to wait for a very early flight or a vet late flight, one might need to sleep right in the office, at the airport or somewhere close, and still appear fresh upon meeting the expected personnel(here expatriates or top management really) Really, it's fun
Re: Travel Protocols Wanted by eShegz(m): 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
Qualifications:
HND.Bsc in Mass Communication, Sociology e.t.c
Trainings in Communications is really essential.
Membership of any proffessional body in the PR circle should be an added advantage!
The succesful candidate should be ready to "hit the road" as well as be ready to travel at the drop of a hat!

I am Done, Am i hired?
Re: Travel Protocols Wanted by cutedoll: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
'@ e-shegz
Thanks so much for the info, i really appreciate ur time et al, actually am a legal practitioner, i was just wondering whats all about, i wld get more info and keep u updated on the company and their worth, it sure is a lot of work from what i read. Do u think it can be done by someone like me??
it sure seems intresting, i love meeting pple, just feeling it might not be good 4 a married woman with children
Wld follow up and tell u more
Later, cheers
Re: Travel Protocols Wanted by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2009
I am a graduate of Accountancy (HND) Plz, I need a job anywhereve in Nigeria. 08034955958.Thanks.
Re: Travel Protocols Wanted by segxy1: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
@COTEDOLL
What job are u talking about, when did u apply and what company is that let us all know it not that u will receive from the house and you will go is not like that. This forum is a symbiotic relationship site not parasitic one okay!!

(1) (Reply)

An Oil And Gas Firm Is Looking To Recruit Young Ond And Hnd Graduates. / Free Us Certifications To Boost Your Cv / Unicef Jobs Available On Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.