Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Arise Oh Compatriots - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Arise Oh Compatriots (313 Views)

Breaking News: Senator Ayo Arise Kidnapped By Armed Men / Comparism Of A Sinking Nigeria To India, Arise Oh Youths Of Nigeria / Arise Oh Compatriots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arise Oh Compatriots by Emaoluwa1982(m): 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
Please Read Sunday Punch February 28, 2016. Pages 18-19 for details of the story
On the front page of Sunday Punch, February 28, 2016 was an interesting but sad story captioned ' KANO MAN STEALS, FORCEFULLY MARRIES 14-YR-OLD BAYELSA GIRL'. Reading this after the Church service, my mind went straight to my little daughter of about two year old, the love I have for her and the pains of Ese's parent. I am confident to say that in a sane clime the perpetrators of this crime will surely pay dearly for it and by now the government MUST have done something impressive about the sad story. Alas! This is Nigeria where a serving Senator could marry a 13 year old girl without recalling him from his constituency.
Ese's story is far different from that of the senator sited, this is a clear case of stealing and forceful conversion to another religion. Let me state very clearly that we must all feel concerned otherwise it may be any body's turn soon, quoting from the father of the girl ' They told me my daughter had come to join Islam ' It appears the government is not interested in the case, I therefore plead with fellow Nigerians to please raise our voices against this grave and great injustice bearing in mind it could be any body's turn.
The campaign to free Ese starts with you. Let us cry out until the girl child is freed. This is confirming what some Nigerians said prior to the general election last year, that Nigeria was going to be Islamized. The All Progressive Congress MUST speak out now, President Buhari MUST do something, this fight is not limited, sane Nigerians MUST speak now against this crime. Add your voice on Facebook, Twitter, and other Social media network.

(1) (Reply)

Konga Leap Year Deals / Cctv Training / Needs A Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.