Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:52 PM

Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief (806 Views)

Sahara Reporters Labels Buhari As "Nigeria's Junketer-In-Chief" (Photos) / Troops Kill Boko Haram Commander In Borno Forest / Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Jairzinho(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2009
I mean this man just disgraces/degrades Nigeria everyday.

First the entire military might of he leads as C-in-C  cannot take out MEND,then you chicken out by releasing the MEND leader without any conditions,the rebels thank you for the gesture by attacking your commercial nerve centre.  shocked shocked shocked

I think we need someone with BALLS to call Commander-in-Chief.

You are either using diplomacy and getting results or you're fighting and getting results,this wimp is doing both and NOT getting results !!!   angry angry angry

This is the reason I really fear for the future of Nigeria,if you can't take on MEND successfully (either diplomatically or otherwise) how can you address mammoth problems like Power generation,Corruption and unemployment,not to talk of ethnic tensions in the North,MASSOB in the East,OPC,Area boys  in the West,the National Assembly,Global Credit Crises etc

And to show how shallow our intstitutions are,rather than let this man go in peace,some  ******( lipsrsealed censored) is saying he'll definitely contest 2011??

Are we under a spell or something?? cry cry
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by kokoA(m): 9:37am On Jul 14, 2009
My Brother, we are cursed!
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by asha80(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

First the entire military might of he leads as C-in-C cannot take out MEND,then you chicken out by releasing the MEND leader without any conditions,the rebels thank you for the gesture by attacking your commercial nerve centre. shocked shocked shocked

You are either using diplomacy and getting results or you're a fighting and getting results,this wimp is doing both and NOT getting results !!! angry angry angry

This is the reason I really fear for the future of Nigeria,if you can't take on MEND successfully (either diplomatically or otherwise) how can you address mammoth problems like Power generation,Corruption and unemployment,not to talk of ethnic tensions in the North,MASSOB in the East,OPC,Area boys in the West,the National Assembly,Global Credit Crises etc

And to show how shallow our intstitutions are,rather than let this man go in peace,some ******( lipsrsealed censored) is saying he'll definitely contest 2011??

You never see anything.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Jairzinho(m): 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2009
General H.Okah gets a 5 star welcome in Abuja  embarassed

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=148678
Okah in Abuja
From Juliana Taiwo in Abuja, 07.14.2009

MEND leader Henry Okah arrived the Ministry of Interior in Abuja in a long convoy of cars at 8.20 pm yesterday.
An official of the ministry expressed surprise on seeing THISDAY reporter and asked what THISDAY was hanging around doing “at this time”.
This is what transpired.
Official: What are you doing here?
THISDAY: To see Henry Okah. Have you seen him? Not yet but I know he’s here.
Who told you he is here?
That is why I am a journalist.
Okay.
He walks away but spoke with a security man in Hausa to get the AD press to me.
THISDAY was directed to AD press office which was locked.
The entrance to the minister's office was then locked at 8.34pm when THISDAY refused to yield to pressure to leave the area.
A top presidency source said Okah was handed over to the Minister, Gen. Godwin Abbe, by DG, State Security Service (SSS), Afakirya Gadzama, and DG, National Intelligence Agency (NIA),  Ambassador Emmanuel Imohe.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

First the entire military might of he leads as C-in-C  cannot take out MEND,then you chicken out by releasing the MEND leader without any conditions,the rebels thank you for the gesture by attacking your commercial nerve centre.  shocked shocked shocked

You are either using diplomacy and getting results or you're fighting and getting results,this wimp is doing both and NOT getting results !!!   angry angry angry

This is the reason I really fear for the future of Nigeria,if you can't take on MEND successfully (either diplomatically or otherwise) how can you address mammoth problems like Power generation,Corruption and unemployment,not to talk of ethnic tensions in the North,MASSOB in the East,OPC,Area boys  in the West,the National Assembly,Global Credit Crises etc

And to show how shallow our intstitutions are,rather than let this man go in peace,some  ******( lipsrsealed censored) is saying he'll definitely contest 2011??

In 2009 you still think that the best way to take out MEND is to wipe out over 20 million Niger deltans when the FG can simply come to a round table with all these activists and settle everything once and for all?

Constitutional conference!!!!!
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Jairzinho(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

In 2009 you still think that the [s]best way to take out MEND is to wipe out over 20 million Niger deltans [/s] when the FG can simply come to a round table with all these activists and settle everything once and for all?

Constitutional conference!!!!!
nobody is insinuating anything close to that my friend. . . . . our lilly livered C-in-C should simply make up his mind what he wants. . . . . .
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
kindly discuss articulately what you would have done as c in c of nigeria.
kokoA:

My Brother, we are cursed!
you obviously are cursed, leave the rest of us out of it.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by MrCrackles(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

nobody is insinuating anything close to that my friend. . . . . our lilly livered C-in-C should simply make up his mind what he wants. . . . . .

Do you think he can make up his own mind?
I am starting to believe not all sane human being can make up thier own mind!
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by muhsin(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
O! NLders cheesy Won't you Mr. President alone? cheesy
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

nobody is insinuating anything close to that my friend. . .  . . our lilly livered C-in-C should simply make up his mind what he wants. . . .  . .

What were you insinuating if not the annihilation of the Niger deltans? Otherwise, how is he supposed to fish out MEND in the ND populace if not bombarding the entire region like he did a few weeks ago? Of which the problem will escalate.

The best and only option to solving this madness is inviting the representatives of the entire region of nigeria for an honest round table talk.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
Am afraid for this country, day by day, the line between reasoning and madness keeps blurring. lipsrsealed
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Jairzinho(m): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

What were you insinuating if not the annihilation of the Niger deltans? Otherwise, how is he supposed to fish out MEND in the ND populace if not bombarding the entire region like he did a few weeks ago? Of which the problem will escalate.
lets leave that to military tactics and intelligence,its not for me to talk about how they go about their duties. My grouse is with our incompetent C-in-C who can't tell what his strategy is. . . . . . . .

If indeed the solution you're offering is the way to go,why then is it taking Mr Yar'Adua so long to get it? ?
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by asha80(m): 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

lets leave that to military tactics and intelligence,its not for me to talk about how they go about their duties. My grouse is with our incompetent C-in-C who can't tell what his strategy is. . . . . . . .

If indeed the solution you're offering is the way to go,why then is it taking Mr Yar'Adua so long to get it? ?

because he is a stooge.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by DisGuy: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

The best and only option to solving this madness is inviting the representatives of the entire region of nigeria for an honest round table talk.

thought thats why we have senators and reps from the entire region in abuja. we have a VP from the same region too

yaradua is certainly under a spell !!
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

lets leave that to military tactics and intelligence,its not for me to talk about how they go about their duties. My grouse is with our incompetent C-in-C who can't tell what his strategy is. . . . .  . . .

If you are above 20 years old, I suggest you should be lashed 24 on your bare back in the village market. grin

To answer your question; it benefits him, the nigerian elites and some regions to keep maintaining chaos and if possible the annihilation of the Niger deltans as one notorious federal lawmaker advised. This helps in the control and free flow of oil to the sole benefit of those I mentioned.

With that, you can now have a little insight on why he might have been so slow in this regards.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
Dis Guy:

thought thats why we have senators and reps from the entire region in abuja. we have a VP from the same region too

yaradua is certainly under a spell !!

I can authoritatively tell you that some southern reps are fighting tooth and nail to see this dream come true. However, shouting on the floor of the house has little or no influence on whether a bill is to be passed or not, rather it is by voting, and of which the northern reps outnumber the southern reps with a high margin.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by congoshine(m): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

[color=#000099]
So what does Mr President have ?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by congoshine(m): 9:43am On Jul 15, 2009
@Jairzinho,No answer? MEND has agreed a ceasfire,so he IS getting some results. . . . . tongue
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by sheriffman(m): 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2009
Yes a cease fire was reached but at what cost to the Niger Deltans and to Nigeria.
The truth still remains that the Nigerian government has not shown enough political will to tackle the issue of the Niger Delta.
What has happened to the much touted Niger delta master plan
is there any plan on ground to settle those that were affected during the recent military exercise in that region
how sincere is the government in to ensuring that oil companies perform their statutory social responsibilities etc
the issues here are enormous
MEND or other groups are not the problem but the lack of commitment on the part of the government to resolve issues timely or even address it beforehand.
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by biola44: 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2009
God dey!
Re: Yar'adua The Lilly Livered Commander-in-chief by congoshine(m): 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2009
sheriffman:

Yes a cease fire was reached but at what cost to the Niger Deltans and to Nigeria.
The truth still remains that the Nigerian government has not shown enough political will to tackle the issue of the Niger Delta.
What has happened to the much touted Niger delta master plan
is there any plan on ground to settle those that were affected during the recent military exercise in that region
how sincere is the government in to ensuring that oil companies perform their statutory social responsibilities etc
the issues here are enormous
MEND or other groups are not the problem but the lack of commitment on the part of the government to resolve issues timely or even address it beforehand.
Lack of BALLS you meant to say. . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Bode George, Others Refused Prison Uniforms / Is Obama Really A Black Man? / Oshiomole Actions In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.